Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Ok, so had a good hour or so on Gwent, and getting the basics now, what I didn't realize is that there are 4 different decks...got rid of my lower units, and have a stronger deck now. Question: apart from innkeeps, where can you get cards? DO you win cards form npc's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ok, so had a good hour or so on Gwent, and getting the basics now, what I didn't realize is that there are 4 different decks...got rid of my lower units, and have a stronger deck now. Question: apart from innkeeps, where can you get cards? DO you win cards form npc's?

A few here and there, mainly sidequests I think. Just look to interact randomly with someone and see if the option is there - if I recall you can both buy and win completely different cards from inkeeps who play.

A quest called 'collect them all' I think it is, is very helpful in this sense. If you go too far on in the game before progressing on it though, you can fail it (one of only two missions I failed - didn't even notice I had failed the other until way, way later on :mad: :p ).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Quick question about the sad bad ending I just got.
    why does Geralt need a random werewolf we've never met before to lead him to the last crone? I mean we've been to the crones "den" in the main game.

Onto blood and wine.

Took me the longest time to get into this game but God it's class.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

noodler wrote: »
    Quick question about the sad bad ending I just got.
    why does Geralt need a random werewolf we've never met before to lead him to the last crone? I mean we've been to the crones "den" in the main game.

Onto blood and wine.

Took me the longest time to get into this game but God it's class.

If it makes you feel better I got a worse ending.

I am convinced I did all the things the "right Way" and it still bothers me now.......130 hours played.....it still bothers me.

/big witcher fan

//still annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

got the game a few weeks ago, have a few questions.

am level 22, at the part where you bring uma to kaer mohrn but i went back to do quests in velen/novi/skelligs as i didnt want to go back later in the game and be OP but will this make me OP for the main quest?

anyway i can pin more than one set of ingredients at a time on ps4? feel like im missing out on some by not being able to pin more
    are the horse racing quests endless?
    do i get loot from qwent or is it just cards?
    is the total xp rewarded from quests depenent on your choices in said quests?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jackrussel wrote: »
    got the game a few weeks ago, have a few questions.

am level 22, at the part where you bring uma to kaer mohrn but i went back to do quests in velen/novi/skelligs as i didnt want to go back later in the game and be OP but will this make me OP for the main quest?

It depends what level the quests are, for level 22 quests and above you'll get more experience than doing ones that are lower level, so I wouldn't worry about being OP And would just go ahead and do them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

are the horse racing quests endless?

Not That I'm aware of
    is the total xp rewarded from quests depenent on your choices in said quests?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel better I got a worse ending.

I am convinced I did all the things the "right Way" and it still bothers me now.......130 hours played.....it still bothers me.

/big witcher fan

//still annoyed.

Thought that was the worst?

It was very disappointing in a spiritual sense.

Powerful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Omikron1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Omikron1 wrote: »

Chills.

No, don't leave me Geralt! :o

• Advertisement

Omikron1 wrote: »

They should do the same for half life, a kind of goodbye video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Jaysus even in a short little video they know how to get you!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The final farewell. Brilliantly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

PS4 Pro Patch coming in the next few days apparantly..

http://twinfinite.net/2017/09/cyberpunk-2077-witcher-cd-projekt/

"Speaking on behalf of The Witcher specifically, CD Projekt RED President and Joint CEO Adam Kiciński explained that the latest entry in the series, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, is still “selling phenomenally well.” He added that a 4K update for PlayStation 4 Pro users will be available “in just a few days” and that the Xbox One X version will come “by the end of the year.”

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

bigphil2 wrote: »
    PS4 Pro Patch coming in the next few days apparantly..

http://twinfinite.net/2017/09/cyberpunk-2077-witcher-cd-projekt/

"Speaking on behalf of The Witcher specifically, CD Projekt RED President and Joint CEO Adam Kiciński explained that the latest entry in the series, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, is still “selling phenomenally well.” He added that a 4K update for PlayStation 4 Pro users will be available “in just a few days” and that the Xbox One X version will come “by the end of the year.”

They've since walked that back, and are now basically saying they'll announce it when they announce it, so could be some time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Damn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I'm not an achievement\trophy hunter, but finding this game lacking on that front. Had to look it up as I'm a couple of days gameplay and only on 50\2000. Seems to be mostly stuff you have to set out to do with only a little given for following the story and secondary quests.

qrx wrote: »
    I'm not an achievement\trophy hunter, but finding this game lacking on that front. Had to look it up as I'm a couple of days gameplay and only on 50\2000. Seems to be mostly stuff you have to set out to do with only a little given for following the story and secondary quests.

Have too be careful as some stuff is missable and also some of them in my case happened when I wasn't trying too get them.

****ing Spiders!

[IMG][/img]ooeb4pd.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

really must aside some time to finish this..I've completed the main story and the first DLC and an hour or so into the 2nd one...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

****ing Spiders!
    Using the minimap?

Tutututut :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

****ing Spiders!

[IMG][/img]ooeb4pd.png
    Thanks for reminding me, I have to go back and slaughter them as I've leveled up a bit more now:D

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Using the minimap?

I didn't know you could disable it, how else are you suppose to know where to go :confused:?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Definitely the most annoying enemy in the game...just stop fecking running away :angry:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

CatInABox wrote: »
    They've since walked that back, and are now basically saying they'll announce it when they announce it, so could be some time yet.

Yurt! I've too much of a back catalogue to pick this up again for the 4K experience. They can take their time as far as i'm concerned!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

skerry wrote: »
    Definitely the most annoying enemy in the game...just stop fecking running away :angry:

Set them on Fire and leave them too it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Using the minimap?

You don't use the minimap?! That's sadomasochism :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm having a bit of an issue with the first mission on the first DLC.

I meet the lads, kill the bandits then go back to the tavern to chat to them again. We have the chats about killing the monster for the queen but when I select the option to take on the mission the load screen comes up and then it just hangs.

Have tried it at least 10 times and left it for 30 minutes yesterday evening and no joy. Have redownloaded the entire DLC also and it's not helped.

Really browned off at this stage.

Anyone got any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I can't remember it precisely but do know the area you mean (pub/tavern on a bridge?) and don't recall having any issue like that - you might want to get in touch with someone on it. What platform are you on?

Advertisement