Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

qrx wrote: »
    You don't use the minimap?! That's sadomasochism :eek:
    It's like a crutch. Anytime you have to find something, it's there on your mini map.

Take it away, and you have to actually use trails and scents. Much better gameplay.

I use the main map to find my way around, if i need it.

Taylor365 wrote: »
    It's like a crutch. Anytime you have to find something, it's there on your mini map.

Take it away, and you have to actually use trails and scents. Much better gameplay.

I use the main map to find my way around, if i need it.

Witcher 3 is long enough without that poo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Witcher 3 is long enough without that poo :D

Amen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished hearts of stone, what a great add on that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Billy86 wrote: »
    I can't remember it precisely but do know the area you mean (pub/tavern on a bridge?) and don't recall having any issue like that - you might want to get in touch with someone on it. What platform are you on?

Ps4, Ya, it's a little tavern, can't recall the name of the town off the top of my head but it's basically the second mission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Childish of me I know, but I'm sure everyone in here appreciates why I giggle a little to myself, everytime I hear the ploughing festival mentioned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Childish of me I know, but I'm sure everyone in here appreciates why I giggle a little to myself, everytime I hear the ploughing festival mentioned :)

Ploughing Hoorsons :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Level 47, can't find any decent silver blade too match my level, none of the vendors seem too have anything, any tips on where I can find one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Level 47, can't find any decent silver blade too match my level, none of the vendors seem too have anything, any tips on where I can find one?

Well, I haven't completed it yet, but there's a quest in Novigrad where you help out this master Elven swordsmith who promises he'll give you a really great sword at the end of it...:pac:

Gbear wrote: »
    Well, I haven't completed it yet, but there's a quest in Novigrad where you help out this master Elven swordsmith who promises he'll give you a really great sword at the end of it...:pac:

Done that already, I'm playing blood and wine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

afaik the mastercrafted stuff is the only decent swords at that stage

Done that already, I'm playing blood and wine.

It was a joke. That sword is famously ****.

As is the armour you get off your one in Crow's Perch.

They're rubbish even if you're about 5 levels below being able to use them.

One criticism I'd have of this game is how useless the non-witcher gear is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

If you've been a virtuous boy, you could get a moistened bint to lob one at you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

wench wrote: »
    If you've been a virtuous boy, you could get a moistened bint to lob one at you...

Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds, distributin' swords, is no basis for a system of gameplay. Supreme Witcher power derives from crafting, not some farcical aquatic ceremony. I mean, you can't expect to wield supreme Witchery power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Noclip series on CDPR & The Witcher series has began starting today.

The talk they did at PAX was good as well (also hosted by Danny O'Dwyer).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

The Pro update came out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Diving back in to this for the Pro update. Let's see how the swamp runs now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

ERG89 wrote: »
    Noclip series on CDPR & The Witcher series has began starting today.

Next part is out!

Feel like I shouldn't be watching these though... A "late to the party standing on the edge of a group of people talking laughing politely" feeling.

I only picked up the second one when it was going free on Games with Gold... and even then didn't play past the tutorial (the shame!).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

In the quest famil matters an objective is to investigate all remaining leads in velen and find the barons wife but unlike every other objective the yellow icon isn't directing me where to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    In the quest famil matters an objective is to investigate all remaining leads in velen and find the barons wife but unlike every other objective the yellow icon isn't directing me where to go

I kinda wish the whole game was designed for navigation without icons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I remember this. You have to select one of the quests in the quest menu. Can't remember exactly but one or more of the quests in there are the leads it's taking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I kinda wish the whole game was designed for navigation without icons.
    Not only holding your hand, but dragging you there too :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

I don't understand why some people don't like this game. I tried to get both my brothers into it but neither of them really like it all that much . They love their rpg adventure games such as Skyrim dark souls Zelda but not this

I don't understand why some people don't like this game. I tried to get both my brothers into it but neither of them really like it all that much . They love their rpg adventure games such as Skyrim dark souls Zelda but not this

Same with a couple of lads at my work.

They've played Fallout and the Skyrim MMO but they didn't click with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Gbear wrote: »
    Same with a couple of lads at my work.

They've played Fallout and the Skyrim MMO but they didn't click with this.

A friend of mine at work feels the same, and after we spoke about it for a while (and a few us calling him insane) it seems to come down to the whole 'silent protagonist' aspect.

Witcher 3 involves literally hours of story-telling and talking, you directly influence the ending and outcomes. In a way, your adventuring is somewhat limited by the story, but you also influence the story.

With Skyrim (still love it) and Fallout you can pretty much skip the chat, go to the marker and kill whatever it is you're supposed to kill. With that said, you can pretty much pick a direction and find a new adventure or cave to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I found the first few hours a bit of a slog. A bit of a case of constantly dying and just not being sure about how things worked. Once I got past the first area I loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

qrx wrote: »
    I remember this. You have to select one of the quests in the quest menu. Can't remember exactly but one or more of the quests in there are the leads it's taking about.

its in the quest log, theres a choice of 3 leads to follow in the order you choose.

at least that's my memory of it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Took me 50hrs but I've finally finished the main campaign.

Then I started playing Blood & Wine.
    Before I knew it, it was 7am.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Congrats, you did it in maybe less than half the time I did! :D

Though I went very wide, wanted to get all the extras etc but gave up on the Skellige treasure bits which was a little like the Riddle stuff in Arkham Knight for me.

Advertisement