Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Billy86 wrote: »
    Though I went very wide, wanted to get all the extras etc but gave up on the Skellige treasure bits which was a little like the Riddle stuff in Arkham Knight for me.

I was the same, I suspect many of us were - I pumped about 95 hours or so into the main campaign, got to pretty much all the ??? in White Orchard, then most in Velen, then only about 50% or so in Skellige! Master crafted the Griffen armour and then gave up the treasure hunting after that. It's just TOO big a game :D

Still have the final DLC to get stuck into, know it is a meaty campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I put 225 hours including the DLC but no fecking way was I doing the ? out at sea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Skerries wrote: »
    I put 225 hours including the DLC but no fecking way was I doing the ? out at sea
    I did, it was almost all trash that wasn't worth picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

On the plus side, I've also discovered the joys of modding :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PSN sale atm. Witcher 3 - 15 quid. Witcher 3 GOTY edition - 20 quid. Absolute bargains for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

98 hours to clear the campaign, and i'm about 20 hours into my 2nd playthrough. Still haven't done the DLC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Evade wrote: »
    I did, it was almost all trash that wasn't worth picking up.

Even knowing this wont allow me not to get them
    It would annoy me knowing they are there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

About 100 hours sunk into the main campaign and 41 hours between both expansions, coming too the end of Blood and wine I suspect as it told me too finish up any quests out standing.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,273 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    PSN sale atm. Witcher 3 - 15 quid. Witcher 3 GOTY edition - 20 quid. Absolute bargains for anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

GOTY seems to 20 quid on all platforms at the mo, absolute bargain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I am only level 18 in Witcher 3, playing it when I can. 20 euros for the GOTY edition is a steal. I keep trying to get ahead in the story but keep getting side tracked with all the side missions! I think the game is fantastic but there are some who just don't like the game even if they love the genre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Lads, I'm on the hunt for get rich quick schemes again. Just getting stuck back into Blood and Wine and got my first set of Grandmaster Witcher gear diagrams and holy crap is it expensive to craft.

Any ideas on easy money in Toussaint? Its bad times when I have more money in real life than my Witcher dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If you started from scratch on B&W this might not apply, but I noticed around that time (or else it was for the Runes on HoS, which I believe were also pricey) that I'd been accumulating some seriously valuable swords and armor I wasn't using anymore, and even more so were all the random bits like monster parts and types of dust in my inventory. Made a fecking killing selling them, but be careful not to sell anything you need to craft them or Murphy's Law will kick in and you'll spend 50 hours trying to find them again! :p

If I'm right you get the best prices for selling on Oxenfort or Novigrad.

Billy86 wrote: »
    If you started from scratch on B&W this might not apply, but I noticed around that time (or else it was for the Runes on HoS, which I believe were also pricey) that I'd been accumulating some seriously valuable swords and armor I wasn't using anymore, and even more so were all the random bits like monster parts and types of dust in my inventory. Made a fecking killing selling them, but be careful not to sell anything you need to craft them or Murphy's Law will kick in and you'll spend 50 hours trying to find them again! :p

If I'm right you get the best prices for selling on Oxenfort or Novigrad.

Cheers, pretty sure I have an ass load of monster parts and that but like you said, afraid to sell them all as I'll probably need them for crafting something necessary.

Did notice I had a lot of lesser glyphs and runestones accumulated so flogged a few of them and managed to muster up enough for the Grandmaster Ursine Chest Armour.

Must check my vault and see if I have any valuable swords in there. Pretty sure I have a few hundred books to flog at this stage too so might get a few bob out of them.

Not really that far into the B & W story so might plough some missions and contracts over the weekend and try build up some cash the old fashioned Witcher way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

127 hours in now. Have finished Heart of Stone and am maybe 10 hours into Blood and Wine. Also did pretty much every quest in the main game and 99% of '?' (except Skellige sea stuff).

I don't normally play DLC but these expansions are amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Polar101

skerry wrote: »

Any ideas on easy money in Toussaint? Its bad times when I have more money in real life than my Witcher dude.

One thing I noticed (when I didn't have money to craft a grandmaster piece) was that I suddenly had maybe 2k in foreign currency, so I went back to Novigrad to the money exchange and got like 5k crowns. Must have looted it all in Toussaint & HoS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Rarely have my xbox connected to WiFi due to having a pretty poor data allowance at home. Pretty annoyed to load up the Witcher after getting my Xbox back from repair to find that I'm no longer within a couple of quests from the finish line but am instead back to being near the start of the Novigrad section. Ah well, at least it means playing through the Skellige arc again, my favourite part of the game!

So I'm finally near the very end of Blood And Wine, what an unbelievably fantastic expansion.

I'm pretty sure I've made some poor choices which are leading me to the 'bad' ending. But on the upside I've came across that sweet red 1992 dracula armour set (well I missed the sword and gauntlets so might have to load up that save again which is a pain).

Does anyone know if you can get the good ending and still get this armour (henn gaidt)? I'd be perfectly happy with the bad ending if it meant that it was my only chance to get the armour set.

Sorry for being a bit vague but trying not to spoil anything and I'm sure anyone that's finished it will get what I'm on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm having a bit of an issue with the first mission on the first DLC.

I meet the lads, kill the bandits then go back to the tavern to chat to them again. We have the chats about killing the monster for the queen but when I select the option to take on the mission the load screen comes up and then it just hangs.

Have tried it at least 10 times and left it for 30 minutes yesterday evening and no joy. Have redownloaded the entire DLC also and it's not helped.

Really browned off at this stage.

Anyone got any suggestions?

A recent update to the game has cleared this issue up.

So I have both expansion packs to get stuck into when I have the time.

:D

How does this game fit on a DVD?! Have to say, having just reached Skellige I'm really starting to feel burnt out. Fantastic value for money (especially as i only paid 20 euro for the goty edition). But i have to admit i'm wishing the game would end soon. Go here, find this, go there, find that. I'd love to just bomb through the story but I know I need level 30 for the dlc..

• Advertisement

How does this game fit on a DVD?! Have to say, having just reached Skellige I'm really starting to feel burnt out. Fantastic value for money (especially as i only paid 20 euro for the goty edition). But i have to admit i'm wishing the game would end soon. Go here, find this, go there, find that. I'd love to just bomb through the story but I know I need level 30 for the dlc..

I reached that point a couple of times so gave it a break and came back to it refreshed and raring to go again.

The story is too good to be skipping through it for me so your better off playing something else for a while once you get to the stage when it's becoming a chore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I picked up the GOTY edition as I never played the DLC. It's sitting there, waiting to be played, but I don't know if i'm ready to play through the campaign again, as I don't want to get bored of it!!

I picked up the GOTY edition as I never played the DLC. It's sitting there, waiting to be played, but I don't know if i'm ready to play through the campaign again, as I don't want to get bored of it!!
    You can start a game with an appropriate level character for the DLC and just jump into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Same with me, got as far as Skellige in the base game and felt a bit burnt out so I traded it in. Picked up the GOTY edition on sale a few months ago and got as far as just before leaving to go to Skellige and haven't played it since, that was around 2 months ago. Saying that though, I had a dream last night I was playing this game so might jump on later tonight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s mad, exact same thing happened to me upon reaching Skellige, surprised to hear I’m not the only one. Finished it after a short break followed by all the DLC which was sensational, now that I have a Pro I’m going to do a NG+ on Death March once I get the 4K TV to take full advantage of it.

Might have to trademark Skellige Syndrome though, it seems to be a thing. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I forgot I'd never finished the DLC for this, so I fired it up last night and I'm wrapping up all the side quests before I finish the last bit of Blood and Wine. Just hit Level 50 and so most things are dying quickly which is probably a good thing cause I'd completely forgotten how to do all the dismembering things :)

You can start a game with an appropriate level character for the DLC and just jump into it.

I played it originally on PC, so don't have a save!

I played it originally on PC, so don't have a save!
    There's an option to start a brand new game at level thirty-something so you can jump straight into the DLC and not have to do the rest of the game first.

There's an option to start a brand new game at level thirty-something so you can jump straight into the DLC and not have to do the rest of the game first.

Nah, it'll be the first time playing it in 4K, so i'll play through it all again at some stage! We normally get a lull after Xmas, so i'll probably play then!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh wow... Just when I thought I'd seen everything this game had to offer, I'm currently
    wandering through the fairy tales land and just killed the 3 little pigs.

Genuinely bowled over that on top of everything else, they've put this in too :D

Advertisement