Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Skerries wrote: »
    at least another 20 - 30 hours excluding dlc

Sweet. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

If you're on 194 hours at Kaer Morhen, I'd say there's probably even more than 20-30 hours left depending on how many side missions, etc are left and how 'wide' you are playing the game (I'm guessing you're making a point to do all of these).

Then if I recall, the first DLC is about the size of a smaller 'AAA' game like Tomb Raider or Uncharted while the second one is at least double that (according to the 'How Long to Beat' website). The DLCs are probably(?) the best ever made, the second one came out in 2016 and wound up winning a bunch of RPG of the year awards and finishing top 5 in multiple GOTY awards.

Did pretty much every side quest I saw. Was certain that was the end there, it was all leading to that battle. Need a break for a while before I tackle the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just about to finish this now, I went with Triss so there's dirty looks being thrown everywhere.

I went with Triss this time around (tried both the first time, didn't end well, and to be honest, who would pick Yen? She's a gowl!), but did you do the part (Yen romance spoilers)
    where yourself and Yen get the spell lifted, and you straight up say to Yen afterwards that the magic was gone?
    It felt like I was breaking up with her in real life! Very well written imo! The feels! But then I saw Triss again, so all good!

Finished the main story last night, still have quite a few ?'s and some !'s, but gonna start into HoS tonight. I did a quick google regarding how they fit into the story, and if I'm not mistaken, HoS is set just after the battle for Kaer Morhen, but B&W is set afterwards. My question is, (main story ending spoilers)
    do Triss and co come into it at any stage? My ending was Ciri became a Witcheress, Geralt shacked up with Triss in Kovir, and Yen went off being all huffy somewhere.
    . Preferably answers without spoilers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

I went with Triss this time around (tried both the first time, didn't end well, and to be honest, who would pick Yen? She's a gowl!), but did you do the part (Yen romance spoilers)
    where yourself and Yen get the spell lifted, and you straight up say to Yen afterwards that the magic was gone?
    It felt like I was breaking up with her in real life! Very well written imo! The feels! But then I saw Triss again, so all good!

Finished the main story last night, still have quite a few ?'s and some !'s, but gonna start into HoS tonight. I did a quick google regarding how they fit into the story, and if I'm not mistaken, HoS is set just after the battle for Kaer Morhen, but B&W is set afterwards. My question is, (main story ending spoilers)
    do Triss and co come into it at any stage? My ending was Ciri became a Witcheress, Geralt shacked up with Triss in Kovir, and Yen went off being all huffy somewhere.

I went with Yen and only found out when the game credits rolled that she's actually my mate's sister (the voice actor anyway). I haven't broke it to him yet :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

My question is, (main story ending spoilers)
    Someone will always show up towards the end (I think), who depends on what happened during your main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭kg703

I went with Yen based on the fact that learning the backstory Triss is a sleeveen who tricked Geralt into a relationship when it was Yen he was in love with and she took advantage of the fact he lost his memory. I find that very creepy.
    In saying that Geralts reaction to seeing Triss and reaction to Yen were very different. He was mad to see Yen.
    #Yen4life

Yeah that's what I did, I thought if she's going to those lengths to be "sure", she can sling her hook. The absolute cheek of her.

kg703 wrote: »
    I went with Yen based on the fact that learning the backstory Triss is a sleeveen who tricked Geralt into a relationship when it was Yen he was in love with and she took advantage of the fact he lost his memory. I find that very creepy.
    In saying that Geralts reaction to seeing Triss and reaction to Yen were very different. He was mad to see Yen.
    #Yen4life

I heard something like that, they had Yen for the book lovers and Triss as an alternate to Yen for the people who have only played the games. And yes, Triss tried to fool Geralt into love, even though she was Yens friend (if Yen can have such things, which is what i'm sure Triss was thinking). But, she came clean about everything and was going to bring back Geralts memory with something in TW2, but someone interfered and the item was lost or used or something.

Still though, Yen is a bitch! They have had an on/off relationship for years, which is not healthy imo (yes, I'm aware they're game/book characters). If you keep breaking up with someone, there's a reason! Whereas with Triss, she hoodwinked him, but his feelings were genuine, whereas with Yen, it
    was the spell in the end, as they only more or less met during The Last Wish (if I read the internet correctly), and she had no interest in him as a lover, but the spell made that interest. So imo, it was all 1 sided with Geralt before the spell.
    And even her actions with Geralt while she 'loves' him, she doesn't care about anyone else but herself!
    Yeah that's what I did, I thought if she's going to those lengths to be "sure", she can sling her hook. The absolute cheek of her.

Exactly! I'm tempted to read 'The Last Wish' just to get the full story of Yen and Geralt, but I don't think it will change anything, and if the synopsis I read is correct, there was
    no love from Yen's side before it.

Cool to know that they may turn up again. I don't remember being as disappointed with the ending the last time around, and I genuinely didn't remember half of the second half of the game (completely forgot about the
    world travelling with Avall'ach!
    ). Still, I'm not at home to check, but I have serious time put into this again, I was at the battle of Kaer Mohen but I had a good few side quests to do, so I spent 2 full days playing this last Sunday/Monday, so I'm sure I have a stupid amount of hours put in (not as many as Jeriaholic!)! Looking forward to the DLC now, never played them before!

So I'm finishing up my second play through of the main game, been fiddling about with the Ansel app/mod/whatever, and holy jaysus I never noticed who leads you out against The Wild Hunt right at the end.

**EDIT: Forgot some wouldn't have finished, have switched from an image to a link, sorry! :o
    https://s18.postimg.org/68je26p7d/image.jpg

Ansel, by the way, is nothing short of f***ing incredible. I'm up to over 200 very high definition screenshots I almost feel I have to upload somewhere when I'm done (had to scale them down here to upload them anywhere). :o

The_Witcher_3_Super-_Resolution_2018.01.23_-_00.33.57.42.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Billy86 wrote: »
    So I'm finishing up my second play through of the main game, been fiddling about with the Ansel app/mod/whatever, and holy jaysus I never noticed who leads you out against The Wild Hunt right at the end

Ansel, by the way, is nothing short of f***ing incredible. I'm up to over 200 very high definition screenshots I almost feel I have to upload somewhere when I'm done (had to scale them down here to upload them

The Leshen one is Badass :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭kg703

Billy86 wrote: »
    So I'm finishing up my second play through of the main game, been fiddling about with the Ansel app/mod/whatever, and holy jaysus I never noticed who leads you out against The Wild Hunt right at the end.

Ansel, by the way, is nothing short of f***ing incredible. I'm up to over 200 very high definition screenshots I almost feel I have to upload somewhere when I'm done (had to scale them down here to upload them anywhere). :o

]

Careful with spoilers please, some of us havent got to the end yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭CastielJ

I actually just finished playing it last night, and it was probably the most fun I've had in a game in a while. And when I say I "finished" it, I mean I completed the main plot to the end, whereas I probably only did about 10% of the side quests along the way. It's crazy what all they put in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, a quick one. I am only level 25 now and I feel i am getting near the end. Am I not a bit to low level for it? Like a lot of witcher gear is level 34! I even found some diagrams with level 48++!
    I see on main map there is a whole part of 34++ area too.
    I did pretty much everythin in Velen, Skelliga and Novigrad. The only place I havent explored properly is northen part of novigrad as I was a bit too low level and went to Skelliga. I even have some 30++ quest non dlc marked.
    Did I messed up somewhere?

And do I have to finish main game to start dlc quests? Or better off finishing main game and tackle dlc stuff after?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Guys, a quick one. I am only level 25 now and I feel i am getting near the end. Am I not a bit to low level for it? Like a lot of witcher gear is level 34! I even found some diagrams with level 48++!
    I see on main map there is a whole part of 34++ area too.
    I did pretty much everythin in Velen, Skelliga and Novigrad. The only place I havent explored properly is northen part of novigrad as I was a bit too low level and went to Skelliga. I even have some 30++ quest non dlc marked.
    Did I messed up somewhere?

And do I have to finish main game to start dlc quests? Or better off finishing main game and tackle dlc stuff after?

Seems a bit low, but I'm sure it's possible to finish it that low. Do a few more secondary quests around your current level, and you'll be grand. Some of the secondary quests are more entertaining than the main storyline, so it's not like it's a hardship either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This isn't a spoiler or anything, with no real story info, but might help you -
    you might think you are nearing the end, without actually be nearing the end. Happened to me too, but still had loads to do.

How many hours have you played? i was at 98 before i hit the ending, and that was without doing loads of ?'s.

I did play a lot of Gwent though :p

Kiith wrote: »
    This isn't a spoiler or anything, with no real story info, but might help you
    How many hours have you played? i was at 98 before i hit the ending, and that was without doing loads of ?'s.

I did play a lot of Gwent though :p

I am around 90h right now.-
    I just got to witcher stronghold and took the curse off Uma, its says now for me to go and rally allies, so I presume I am not that far off, still only level 25 and I did pretty much everhthing that is not dlc marked and a very few level 34 quests, for the last few days I was just wraping up skelliga missions and they were all very low level so I got feck all xp, did all level 28-30 quests too. The only parts I havent explored yet is north of Novigrad and North isles and waters of skelliga,
    Which is pretty much all smugler fishing things

I am around 90h right now.-
    I just got to witcher stronghold
    Do you mean
    Kaer Morhen? Because that's not the end.

@ShadowHearth, you're not near the end, and the bit to come yet in Kaer Morhen will level you up swiftly, and there's a good bit more after that again, so plough on with the main story if you have most other side quests done, just be aware that some side quests will fail once you progress Kaer Morhen if you haven't them done.

Cheers lads. Ill rush up main quest a bit more as I always way overleveled for it.
    Then tackle the rest of "???" In north of Novigrad.

I am only 90h in, not ready for it to end just yet. :)

• Advertisement

I am only 90h in, not ready for it to end just yet. :)
    I think there's at least 10 hours of main quest stuff after Kaer Morhen.

I went into Misty Isles on level 22. It was the minimum recommended. That's having done all the secondary quests bar any of the Gwent quests (couldn't get into it at all). I'd expect to be on the low end having skipped all the Gwent quests but I also read somewhere that if you are way over the level of a quest then you get feck all XP for it. I wish they would have mentioned it somehow in the game. Maybe give a warning on the quest description.

Most secondary quests I've noticed give almost no XP (though ones that branch into something bigger and wind up impacting the main story can give huge amounts) - Witcher contracts are a pretty good way of leveling up reasonably quickly I find, but recently noticed that if you're more than five levels above you get feck all XP (you'll notice the font for quest title on the menu is light gray rather than white). Also worthwhile it scouring around a bunch of '?' markers - some don't give much, others like monster nests of abandoned sites you can rack up quite a bit fairly quickly with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Have this for the ps4. Goty edition. Never played it. Is it worth starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you're on page 129 of a discussion about the game, what do you think? :D

Page 344 with the standard number of posts per page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

I thing that im going to loose a lot of time over the next few months

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Better tighten up so!

About 180 hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Have this for the ps4. Goty edition. Never played it. Is it worth starting?

Well, the game came out very nearly 3 years ago and is still one of the most loved, talked about and respected games to come out in decades.

I personally have cleared it 4 times now and I'll probably go in for a fifth time soon.

Prepare to lose your life to this game.

Advertisement