Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Oh yeah I just got on to B&W and missed that on my first playthrough, only saw it when someone posted a video in here after of it. Made sure to check this time around, and apparently you need to find a herbalist somewhere in Toussaint called Pinastri to unlock it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm on my way!

Billy86 wrote: »
    Oh yeah I just got on to B&W and missed that on my first playthrough, only saw it when someone posted a video in here after of it. Made sure to check this time around, and apparently you need to find a herbalist somewhere in Toussaint called Pinastri to unlock it.

It's only in Blood and Wine though?

Yeah it's in Toussaint where the B&W DLC is based so would only be accessible through that. Long story short you take a big pile of mushrooms, have a talking horse through the mission, and ask questions like "how is it you cross the ocean in a mere instant for me, then get caught on the tiniest little fence?" You kind of get the sense in HOS but especially in B&W that CDPR knew the all time success they had on their hands and got really confident, even a bit cocky, in their writing and began pushing absurdities for fun a good bit (they're clearly big Monty Python fans)... and it works out really well I find! :)

Here's a link to the quest on youtube if you've not got the DLC or have no compulsion to play it at the moment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjWcWr4Hwj4

Cheers. I'll play it soon enough I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So i'm a good bit into B&W, and it's like a completely different game. Have done barely any of the main quest, aside from getting to find out who
    the Beast
    is, but my secondary quest log has so much in it! Really enjoying the little distractions like
    doing up the villa
    , didn't think i'd every have enough coin for it, but B&W is very generous with loot. And the extra mutagens are interesting, especially Piercing Cold, which the game was telling me about since early in the main campaign, and unbeknownst to me I couldn't access it until B&W!

Trying to gather all the Grandmaster Witcher gear now, might start experimenting with dyes soon.

Oh, and the side quest
    for Guillimene, god I hate that guy! Pretentious dick! Really wish I could have killed him!
    Fun side quest though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

So after jumping back into this, finished the main game back at the start of 2016. Then picked up the expansions in a sale a few months later, but only getting around to them now. Regretful for a number of reasons, the main one being, i dont know my arse from my elbow again with regards to what works best or how to navigate the menu's with great understanding :pac:

Anyway, just started Hearts of stone quest line, on my way to
    rez yer mans brother and go on the tear with him from what im understanding lol

But eh my complaints are,i forgot how the game handles, feel like im stearing a blind man, ill get used to it im sure. Also, the fall damage is silly, i had great fun scaling down a cliff, only to die from a drop that wouldnt kill a small baby :(

Oh and the load times, why o why did i not just get this on PC instead of PS4, the load times are a killer.. I guess another reason to add to evading death :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The only open world game I'll play on console is GTA and thats because its fairly linear in nature and very well pollished.

Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher, etc are all too broad and buggy. Not being able to quicksave would drive me absolutely mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭kg703

Kirby wrote: »
    The only open world game I'll play on console is GTA and thats because its fairly linear in nature and very well pollished.

Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher, etc are all too broad and buggy. Not being able to quicksave would drive me absolutely mental.

You can save pretty much whenever you want bar in battle and I have the timer set to save every three minutes so you never have far to go

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Can you have multiple save files doing this? What if you encountered a game breaking bug and didnt have multiple saves? There are horror stories of people losing 100 hour long files due to this sort of thing.

Couple that with the extra long loading time.....I'd just rather play this sort of thing on PC. For sanity's sake.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Witcher 3 isn't buggy on console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭kg703

Kirby wrote: »
    Can you have multiple save files doing this? What if you encountered a game breaking bug and didnt have multiple saves? There are horror stories of people losing 100 hour long files due to this sort of thing.

Couple that with the extra long loading time.....I'd just rather play this sort of thing on PC. For sanity's sake.

Yeah I have multiple saves and Im on XBONE. I think Ive about 10. Always safe to save a few at a go. I havent had a file corrupted yet but now am going to update my saves when I get home from work :pac:

I have encountered some bugs - more glitchy things and once or twice had a couple of mission bugs but a reload sorted it. They were all small side missions anyway so if I ended up failing them it wouldnt be the worst thing ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I think I have a few 100 saves on PC for most games. I pretty much never overwrite saves as there's never a reason to. They're absolutely tiny in comparison to other stuff on my computer.

I've got hundreds of saves on it (because I hate losing more than 10-15 mins of gameplay, unless that was all in one battle/quest etc that I died on), though the only downside on GOG is when you delete the game it deletes all your saves unlike Steam which throws them into a cloud or whatnot for when you redownload. So if you're on GOG, put a few saves away before deleting. :D

Hm, is there a way to access them or something? Didn't bother me because I wanted to do a new playthrough from scratch (as opposed to NG+) anyway, but when I loaded it back up it had me with no saves and zero minutes played. :confused:

The only issue i've encountered with the PS4 version is inventory lag. It's not noticeable at the start, but as you build up more and more stuff, it gets noticeably bad. Sometimes puts me off playing it, especially if I have a lot of Alchemy to do, as that, by far, has the worst lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Billy86 wrote: »
    Hm, is there a way to access them or something? Didn't bother me because I wanted to do a new playthrough from scratch (as opposed to NG+) anyway, but when I loaded it back up it had me with no saves and zero minutes played. :confused:

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003799094-How-do-I-use-cloud-saves-for-my-games-

Picked up this beauty in Gamestop the other day. So happy with it! Grandmaster Ursine armor and all!

https://www.darkhorse.com/Products/3000-891/The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt---Geralt-Grandmaster-Ursine-Figure

Picked up this beauty in Gamestop the other day. So happy with it! Grandmaster Ursine armor and all!

https://www.darkhorse.com/Products/3000-891/The-Witcher-3-Wild-Hunt---Geralt-Grandmaster-Ursine-Figure

Nice, how much?

Also, is the runeforging or whatever its called worth the money sink?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I finally got mine a few weeks ago as I had it ordered on Amazon since September for £28
    Didn't cancel it as it had gone up and also was too lazy to re-source :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

50e GameStop site says

Lol same situation for me, pre-ordered the other geralt and Ciri also from Amazon over a year ago and they finally sent me geralt followed by Ciri a few months later. Think I got them for £20 or so. Love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

nix wrote: »
    Nice, how much?

Also, is the runeforging or whatever its called worth the money sink?

Nope, complete waste of coin!

I found one or two quite handy, the 'mending/healing' one especially but by and large it's not a big difference. It was a good bit cheaper for me though since tend to hoard the crap out of everything to save myself the bother of finding to find a random type of ingot or monster skin etc when needed (so much so my 'stash' inventory screen runs like my computer runs like I have 500MB of RAM total :( ).

Runescaping I haven't really touched on. To me, they seem like game breaking buffs. I'm having a blast at the moment taking on 15 contracts from some guy, and they're quite challenging, so i'm happy with it that way. I did use the extra perks upgrade, just to get Piercing Cold. Now Aard feels useful! Amazing if you get a one shot kill with it!

And yes, €50 for Geralt. Saw it, wanted it, bought it. Price doesn't bother me if the statue is quality, which this is for the most part (I think they got the face skin colour wrong, but i'm not gonna nit-pick!). Must pick up Triss soon, and maybe Eredin. Yen can sulk in her corner, couldn't be looking at that biatch!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is there any thread on here for the upcoming Netflix series?

Is there any thread on here for the upcoming Netflix series?

I'm sure there will be as soon as there is any info on it, so far there is very little, looking forward to it. However I was surprised to learn though that there has already been a Polish movie and mini series on the witcher, called "the hexer", the movie is meant to be terrible though from what I've read, and the mini series, while an improvement, didnt do well.

I picked up the dark horse figure today myself in gamestop blanch, they didnt have it on display, they have it hiding in storage for some reason.

Also, game wise, i finished both DLC's and decided to go for the trophy, spent yesterday knocking off what i could before jumping into NG+. And was saddened to find out NG+ is a bloody addon that ive to download :mad: I've no broadband at home at the moment and my hotspot on my moto g5s phone doesnt seem to work, i can only tether from it which PS4 cant do, so I've to go over to a friends house with my PS4 download it, and its only 1.38mb according to the PSN store, why the **** didnt they just patch it into the game update? :confused:

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I'm sure there will be as soon as there is any info on it, so far there is very little, looking forward to it. However I was surprised to learn though that there has already been a Polish movie and mini series on the witcher, called "the hexer", the movie is meant to be terrible though from what I've read, and the mini series, while an improvement, didnt do well.

Here, for anyone wondering.

i can only tether from it which PS4 cant do, so I've to go over to a friends house with my PS4 download it, and its only 1.38mb according to the PSN store, why the **** didnt they just patch it into the game update? :confused:

:mad:

Tether your phone to your laptop and share your laptops internet connection via Ethernet to the PS4. Boosh!

Fair play though, the NG+ has put me off going for a Plat.

Tether your phone to your laptop and share your laptops internet connection via Ethernet to the PS4. Boosh!

Fair play though, the NG+ has put me off going for a Plat.

Ah its all unplugged now haha, thanks though, ill just do it in my friends, its been a few months, i might have a PSN update to sort also..

And eh, why were you put off? is NG+ crazy hard? or you just werent bothered going through the game again?

It's been over 2 years so sitting through the main story quests again shouldnt be too much hassle, and the DLC's are actually pretty short once you just follow the main quests only..

• Advertisement

Ah its all unplugged now haha, thanks though, ill just do it in my friends, its been a few months, i might have a PSN update to sort also..

And eh, why were you put off? is NG+ crazy hard? or you just werent bothered going through the game again?

It's been over 2 years so sitting through the main story quests again shouldnt be too much hassle, and the DLC's are actually pretty short once you just follow the main quests only..

Just can't be bothered going through the game again. This is my second time around, but didn't have the DLC's the first time, which was when it was released. And i've gotten fatigued playing it. I'm in B&W and it is amazing, but i'm worn out now, so I'm struggling to finish it. To play through it all again, just harder, never appeals to me. And by all accounts, it would be very hard to finish NG+ without doing a lot of side quests also. Maybe in another 3 or so years, when I may eventually have my PC upgraded to run it on Ultra, maybe then I'll try NG+

Advertisement