Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Just can't be bothered going through the game again. This is my second time around, but didn't have the DLC's the first time, which was when it was released. And i've gotten fatigued playing it. I'm in B&W and it is amazing, but i'm worn out now, so I'm struggling to finish it. To play through it all again, just harder, never appeals to me. And by all accounts, it would be very hard to finish NG+ without doing a lot of side quests also. Maybe in another 3 or so years, when I may eventually have my PC upgraded to run it on Ultra, maybe then I'll try NG+

Yeah i finished the main game back at the start of 2016, think i got worn out of it back then to but i uncovered alot of the content. I bought the DLC's in a sale a few months later but never jumped into them until the other week, probably knowing how time consuming the game can be :D

But i loved the DLC's and wasnt burned out, and i could hardly remember the main story, so decided to do NG+, to refresh the story. Then i said, sure may aswell aim for the trophy, give me more reason to get through it if i do hit that wall.

But yeah looking at the trophies, the only one that will require ALOT of prep is the "Full crew" achieve, which is making sure you have all possible NPC's for the
    big battle in "Kaer Morehn"
    Which is alot of side questing if i recall..

But eh, yeah, a two year break does wonders for getting stuck back in :P

Oh and, got the update installed, lucky i went to friends, had a PSN update which took awhile which woulda been a pain on the mobile speeds and a witcher update, dont think that was big though.. the NG+ install literally took a second :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

nix wrote: »
    I'm sure there will be as soon as there is any info on it, so far there is very little, looking forward to it. However I was surprised to learn though that there has already been a Polish movie and mini series on the witcher, called "the hexer", the movie is meant to be terrible though from what I've read, and the mini series, while an improvement, didnt do well.

I picked up the dark horse figure today myself in gamestop blanch, they didnt have it on display, they have it hiding in storage for some reason.

Also, game wise, i finished both DLC's and decided to go for the trophy, spent yesterday knocking off what i could before jumping into NG+. And was saddened to find out NG+ is a bloody addon that ive to download :mad: I've no broadband at home at the moment and my hotspot on my moto g5s phone doesnt seem to work, i can only tether from it which PS4 cant do, so I've to go over to a friends house with my PS4 download it, and its only 1.38mb according to the PSN store, why the **** didnt they just patch it into the game update? :confused:

:mad:

I use my mobile to connect to my PS4 nix, how come yours can't do it?

I use my mobile to connect to my PS4 nix, how come yours can't do it?

I have a moto g5s plus, and anytime so far ive set up a hotspot on it, nothing can connect to it, my ps4 or my nieces phone is all ive tried but the hotspot is not visible. A quick search and it appears to be a common problem with the moto g5s plus and no solution from what i can gather, or im doing something wrong and havent figured out what :confused:

Tethering works fine on it though, which is all i need for the PC. I'm expecting to have broadband withinin the next month, so not worried about it, as soon as i have that i wont need hotspot or tethering.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So I was a bit distracted by Division. For 150h :pac: , but I am back to Witcher. Took advice here and decided to start the expansion, before I finish main quest. Its the hearts of stone or something? I havent finished it yet, but I am going towards the end of it, but let me tell you this: people were not joking when they praised witchers expansions and their quality. For me personally, that dlc is better then main game. I am glued to controller and want to see how it will end. I went to bed again at 3 last night after working for 12h. Woke up today at 8 and of to work again.

So I was a bit distracted by Division. For 150h :pac: , but I am back to Witcher. Took advice here and decided to start the expansion, before I finish main quest. Its the hearts of stone or something? I havent finished it yet, but I am going towards the end of it, but let me tell you this: people were not joking when they praised witchers expansions and their quality. For me personally, that dlc is better then main game. I am glued to controller and want to see how it will end. I went to bed again at 3 last night after working for 12h. Woke up today at 8 and of to work again.

Yeah they are quality, wait until you start blood and wine, new zone and longer :pac:

I decided to go for play trophy but have been slacking alot as of late :o

On another note:

Badass!

• Advertisement

Yeah they are quality, wait until you start blood and wine, new zone and longer :pac:

I decided to go for play trophy but have been slacking alot as of late :o

On another note:

Badass!

I will finish first dlc, then wrap up main story, then tackle blood and wine.
    I have to say, main story in 3, is the weakest of all 3. As a game, I still think 1 and 2 were better as they were more focused. Less, but more quality. Hearts of stone reminded a lot of two previous games.
    I know people like open world games, but I dont really. All those question marks in 3, are not exciting. They only just force my ocd in to over drive and I clear them, just to have them cleared and of my map.

I will finish first dlc, then wrap up main story, then tackle blood and wine.
    I have to say, main story in 3, is the weakest of all 3. As a game, I still think 1 and 2 were better as they were more focused. Less, but more quality. Hearts of stone reminded a lot of two previous games.
    I know people like open world games, but I dont really. All those question marks in 3, are not exciting. They only just force my ocd in to over drive and I clear them, just to have them cleared and of my map.

Id advise wrapping up the main story then hitting the DLC, you will just facerole the main game content when you return to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Id advise wrapping up the main story then hitting the DLC, you will just facerole the main game content when you return to it.

So HoS before the end of the main game, and B&W after?

Aye, cant see much harm in dipping into HoS if ya really really want, but id advise finishing main before hitting Blood and wine.

I finished main game and then done HoS and then B&W, that would be my recommended order.

Geralt is going to be in the new Soul Calibur

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I guess it doesn't matter really but I would finish the main game before you start the DLC.

Geralt is going to be in the new Soul Calibur

Old news, its on the previous page :P

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I finished the game then done them in order, didnt spoil or ruin anything and no one important was dead in any of them so that was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

nix wrote:
    I finished main game and then done HoS and then B&W, that would be my recommended order.

I guess it doesn't matter really but I would finish the main game before you start the DLC.

dreamers75 wrote:
    I finished the game then done them in order, didnt spoil or ruin anything and no one important was dead in any of them so that was nice.

Thank you! I tried looking it up but there was a lot of mixed info, so my game's been a bit stalled.

Finished main story just now. Really good game as expected, never doubted CD project red.
    Got a good ending. Actually with a lot of positive aftermath. Didn't really aimed for any endings, just made all choices the way I wanted.
    Read on alternative endings too. Liked the one I got most. :) Oh yeah, I went with Yeniffer too. Gigidi.

After playing all 3 games I still have to say, third one is the weakest in story department. My favourite would be still the first one. I still remember googling and reading on people's speculations and interpretations of the ending. It was really the coolest story and game ending I ever experienced in my gaming career.
    Was a bit disappointed that a lot of side quest choices were meaningless in the end. In the first two games people/creatures would come to your aid when **** hit the fan. They tried to do similar thing in third one, but it wasn't the same or as good.

So last expansion left. Only started it and its scale already droped my jaw. Looks like a massive amount of content for a dlc. Feels like good old days. :)
    I am on the fence right now. I have a plan to upgrade my Tv to 4k and I would love to play witcher in its glory. Its not going to happen for good few weeks though. So plan is to keep this expansion for when I have that TV as I know myself. Once I finish all dlc content, Witcher game is done for me and I wont be back to it. Not because its not a good game, but because time is limited and I will want to play something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Disagree with the above, I let Letho live in 2 and used him during the fight in 3. I knew at the time of playing 2 he was worth keeping :D

He was fcuking awesome btw

3 story is much more involved with the choices you make. When you finish it and see other players experiences you notice more and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

The day has come. Season pass on sale for PS4. I'm going back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The day has come. Season pass on sale for PS4. I'm going back in.

See ya in a few months!

I just need to get me affairs in order first, say my goodbyes etc.

Bought it, but not showing up anywhere. Someone help quick!

Never mind. Playstation have the dumbest way of adding DLC I've ever seen.

• Advertisement

Dear God! the boss fight at the end of Blood and Wine...

I can't do it at all. I'm so pissed off.

The actual fight, or the premise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Beat it first time, on about 5-10% energy for well over half. :D

If you're really stuck, switch to a potion build and use the one that gives you energy back for taking a potion. Once you get deeper into it, alchemy has to be the strongest build by a fair distance in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

What type of build are you running? I switched to an alchemy tank build after finishing main story and beat blood and wine boss first time too. Alchemy build steam rolls most bosses in the game.

Complete tank :(. I never even touched Alchemy at all. Can get him halfway down then on his 2nd form he just kills me in two unblockable hits. It's devastating.

The actual fight, or the premise?

:pac: Oh the fight. I have no sympathy for him at all...

Plus!!
    I had adult relations with his girlfriend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Complete tank :(. I never even touched Alchemy at all. Can get him halfway down then on his 2nd form he just kills me in two unblockable hits. It's devastating.

Get potion of clearance and you can reassign all your points. If I'm right one of the halfling people in Novigrad has it, as well as the priest selling alchemy stuff on the sly (very top of Novigrad just at the foot of the big tower you disappointingly cannot enter/climb - I think there's a fast travel spot).

Oh and jump. A lot. Feck dodgy for most of that fight if I'm right and when he flies in the air and jumps right at you... definitely fecking jump!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Get that Alchemy in there so. Takes a bit of research and getting used to but basically you'll have a huge tolerance to potions so will be able to pop multiple potions and decoctions and not reach max toxicity with the added bonus that Geralt looks like an absolute crackhead after necking a good few potions :)

It was a while back but I think the main ones I used were Swallow - which accelerates vitality regeneration; Thunderbolt - increases attack power. Ekhidna decoction will regenerates health whenever you do something that expends stamina.

A few decoctions synergise nicely with eachother. Blade oils also become a lot more relevant once you fill out the relevant parts of the alchemy tree.

Hope the above is correct, trying to remember here in work and its been a while since I finished it (in gaming terms anyway).

I dropped the difficulty down to beat him :/

• Advertisement

Quen. You need Quen, and preferably a build/armor that renews your Quen quickly. That and some fancy sword I got from the bottom of a lake for being a legend and fighting a pauper type lad!

Advertisement