Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That sword was wake enough after a while. Sold it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I accidentally left it until near the end, so it was a fairly high powered one when I eventually got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Pretty sure it's one of the best swords in the game. I did pick it up quite late when I was higher level but I think it levels with you in some way

skerry wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's one of the best swords in the game. I did pick it up quite late when I was higher level but I think it levels with you in some way

It charges for every blow you land, but loses charge if you are hit and over time. Guaranteed critical when fully charged and stats permanently increase when you get a kill when it's fully charged. It's capped at +10 damage I think.

It's capped at +10 damage I think.

But the cap also goes up with each new level you go up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Started a new (fresh) play-through on Death March, still in White Orchard at the moment. Which sword is it you're talking about?

It's the one you get from the lad on the Island where you can walk on water.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Jesus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

It's called Aerondight I believe. My spelling of it may be slightly wrong though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Just to clarify since he's in whitebirchard... it's in blood and wine so quite a bit off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Grand, thanks, just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I've run into a slight problem. I changed the water quality up a notch, just out of curiosity, and it caused the game to come out of fullscreen. After a bit of searching, I had to open the user settings in Notebook and change the number beside full screen from 1 to 2 and uploaded the new file. The problem is now that it's all distorted, almost stretched out. The corner symbols have decreased in size, the writing is far smaller to the point of being nearly difficult to read, and Geralt looks a lot more stout. The quality of everything has dropped and is very grainy, but I can't see anything particularly different in the settings. I've even tried changing everything to Ultra but it didn't change anything. I've tried deleting the user file.

To be honest, it kinda looks like they are still using the smaller screen, they just stretched it out. I'm peed off at myself now. I should have just left it alone!

If you go to 'options -> graphics' there should be an option to go fullscreen, borderless windowed, bordered, etc. Personally I always try to go for borderless windowed on any game since it's easiest to tab in/out of if you need to for any reason.

Billy86 wrote:
    If you go to 'options -> graphics' there should be an option to go fullscreen, borderless windowed, bordered, etc. Personally I always try to go for borderless windowed on any game since it's easiest to tab in/out of if you need to for any reason.

I did that too, but it's still not right. Ahh well, nearly finished now anyway

Ohh resolution changes makes the writing far more eligible!

Are you playing on GOG Galaxy or Steam? I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'll try to attach a copy of my user file to this post in a few minutes, might do the trick!

I'm not sure which file it is specifically though, is it the 'config' subfolder in 'bin'?

Steam. It's in the Witcher folder in documents. If you can, that would be fantastic because I'm still looking at stretched characters. I tried screenshotting but it didn't really show it

Ah ok, I have it on GOG and it is in 'My Documents -> Witcher 3' along with...

- gamesaves (folder)
    - header (image - I may have downloaded this myself to show up in my Steam library)
    - input.settings
    - user.settings
    - user.settings.bak

...just to make sure they align and there is no mix up between the GOG/Steam versions.

Boards won't allow me attach that file type so I have uploaded it here: https://ufile.io/awv5b

Make sure to back up your own user settings first, just in case. Worst case scenario, delete the game entirely when you're done tonight and leave it to redownload. Steam stores your saves in the cloud, but if you're extra worried they won't as it's such a long game, just find your most recent 2-3 save files and make a backup on your desktop or somewhere.

Billy86 wrote:
    Make sure to back up your own user settings first, just in case. Worst case scenario, delete the game entirely when you're done tonight and leave it to redownload. Steam stores your saves in the cloud, but if you're extra worried they won't as it's such a long game, just find your most recent 2-3 save files and make a backup on your desktop or somewhere.

Thank you so much! I'll give that a go tomorrow. You're a star!

Killed Detlaff finally, what an absolute prick. Next stop: Hearts of Stone.

• Advertisement

Killed Detlaff finally, what an absolute prick. Next stop: Hearts of Stone.

Which DLC came out first? I played Hearts of Stone first

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,272 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Which DLC came out first? I played Hearts of Stone first

Whichever one was the shorter one was first i think.

HoS is first, then BaW, but HoS is nearly stand alone (can be done at any stage), while BaW is set after the end game.

There's seemingly a bit more of BaW to go. Already got the bad ending.

There's seemingly a bit more of BaW to go. Already got the bad ending.

Yeah, I went back and changed a few decisions to get the ending I believe I should have, as some of the choices you make would make you think he's going to do 1 thing, but after selecting it he says something crazy and does what you didn't want him to do!

He's out of control!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this was posted in the Playstation bargains

Hard Cover book for £4.76

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Skerries wrote:
    this was posted in the Playstation bargains

I ordered it earlier no sign of delivery date I wouldn't be surprised if its sold out

Can't believe I finished the game! What year is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Can't believe I finished the game! What year is it?

DLC's too? :D

Advertisement