Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Yea, 2022 maybe.

Yeah that’s when Cyberpunk will probably come out. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's a big patch for the standalone Gwent too that will completely overhaul the game. I think the style used in Thronebreaker will be the same so it might actually be a good way to learn the new mechanics.

Cool, didn't try Gwent standalone when I downloaded it, must give it a whirl before Thronebreaker comes out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll be 6-7 at least before you'll see mainstream Witcher game. And it won't be Geralt if it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Kiith wrote: »
    It'll be 6-7 at least before you'll see mainstream Witcher game. And it won't be Geralt if it does happen.

Did they defo say no more Geralt? They could easily do it.

Or they could have him be a supporting character and have Ciri as the main playable character. Similar to snake in MGS2, in it but not playable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Yea, 2022 maybe.

cyberpunk scheduled for 2019, Q2. dont think it will be delayed til 2022 :)

• Advertisement

nix wrote: »
    Did they defo say no more Geralt? They could easily do it.

Or they could have him be a supporting character and have Ciri as the main playable character. Similar to snake in MGS2, in it but not playable :pac:

If they were doing Ciri as the main character, they'd want to improve her combat mechanics from The Witcher 3. I'm just on my first replay of the game now, level 11 and skulking around Novigrad. It's been a pleasure apart from the Ciri cut-scenes. I like her story, but action-wise, I just want to get back to playing as Geralt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It can't not be Geralt. Ciri is nowhere near as good.

Yeah i actually checked into it as i couldnt remember, or even recall if it was ever covered in the witcher 3 game.
    But Ciri never went through the transformations, so shes not a real witcher, i always thought she did but then got mixed up in the magics on her travels.

Perhaps she could go through them for the 4th game, but yeah i would prefer it being Geralt myself, such a great character, would be sad to see him dropped/sidelined :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

nix wrote: »
    Yeah i actually checked into it as i couldnt remember, or even recall if it was ever covered in the witcher 3 game.
    But Ciri never went through the transformations, so shes not a real witcher, i always thought she did but then got mixed up in the magics on her travels.

Perhaps she could go through them for the 4th game, but yeah i would prefer it being Geralt myself, such a great character, would be sad to see him dropped/sidelined :(

"Witcher Geralt was finished killing monsters and had started a life of wine making. Until one day, his past comes back to haunt him.

Now he must come out of retirement to fight another wight, to waste another wraith and to down another drowner. Geralt is The Witcher TIT: Trouble In Toussaint. Coming 2029"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    cyberpunk scheduled for 2019, Q2. dont think it will be delayed til 2022 :)
    Didn't say it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

Only started this. I didn't like witcher 2 at all, but this has me engrossed. It's not mind-blowing, it's just really good pacing, interesting character builds and lovely environments.

Can't believe I've waited this long

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sight808 wrote: »
    Only started this. I didn't like witcher 2 at all, but this has me engrossed. It's not mind-blowing, it's just really good pacing, interesting character builds and lovely environments.

Can't believe I've waited this long
    It gets a lot better once you get past the first two areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads I took next week off work to play Red Dead but I'm currently replaying this. I'm on the Missing Persons main quest in Skellige so have a ****load to go. Plus I've never played the DLC's before so kind of want to go straight into them after the main. Does anyone think it's possible to finish the main quest and complete the DLC's by Monday? That would still give me enough time to get properly stuck into Red Dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Does anyone think it's possible to finish the main quest and complete the DLC's by Monday?

Physically possible yes but it'd take significant time commitment & you'd be racing through them so wouldn't enjoy them as much.
    I'd say it could take over 20 hours for both DLC's Finish the main game & just come back to the DLC again.

Lads I took next week off work to play Red Dead but I'm currently replaying this. I'm on the Missing Persons main quest in Skellige so have a ****load to go. Plus I've never played the DLC's before so kind of want to go straight into them after the main. Does anyone think it's possible to finish the main quest and complete the DLC's by Monday? That would still give me enough time to get properly stuck into Red Dead.

No

Unless you follow a guide and skip all the dialogue :pac:

My advice would be to take it slow and enjoy it, Red dead will be there for you after, and cheaper!

There is no rush, im excited to play red dead but i dont plan on playing it until next year some time. Heck, i still have to play the new god of war.. Having a hefty back log, being spoiled for choice is a good thing, being in a constant state of waiting on the next big thing would be terrible :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Sight808

awec wrote: »
    It gets a lot better once you get past the first two areas.

Oh really? Great, loved white orchard, spent over 5 hours juts exploring and doing quests, literally just landed in Velen. Got all the ability points and focusing on a fast attacks with a mix of signs and alchemy.

any build tips?

Just messing around these days by going back and getting the treasure hunts I missed. Getting mastercrafted is so bloody expensive, so I'm going over the old areas to farm the ?s.

Gave up on skellige because they were taking forever. Went to white orchard and managed to find 5 places of power in half an hour. 5 skill points. They would have come in so much handier when I was doing the main missions.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sight808 wrote: »
    Oh really? Great, loved white orchard, spent over 5 hours juts exploring and doing quests, literally just landed in Velen. Got all the ability points and focusing on a fast attacks with a mix of signs and alchemy.

any build tips?
    Think the build depends on your difficulty level.

Alchemy is not that useful at lower difficulties if I remember right.

Velen is a bit dull, I found it so dreary. It wouldn't be so bad except you spend so long there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

More like Lucius feckin Malfoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,174 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A scar or two and a bit of beard is all that's needed really. Would be fine then.

Likes like an older version of Viserys from GoT as it stands.

He's supposed to be younger than the witcher 3. Less scars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

He looks as expected really. Henry Cavill with long grey hair. I'm not sure there's enough to take from it to be good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Keep in mind this is young Geralt, not Witcher 3 Geralt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its the John Travolta looking witcher thats weird :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

He looks more like Sephiroth of Niebelheim.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Keep in mind this is young Geralt, not Witcher 3 Geralt.

The length of time between the start of the earliest short story and the end of Witcher 3 is only about 20 years or so, and Geralt is something like 80-100 in that period, so it shouldn't make a huge difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Ah he looks fine. Jesus. Give it a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

But they're going by the books and not the games, so we have to take any preconceived notion of Geralt if you've only played the games. As Jerichoholic said, let's see before we judge. Trailer and then I'll make my views known!

• Advertisement
Advertisement