Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I don't think it's bad, it looks like a younger Geralt and Sephiroth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The IMDB pic looks better

MV5BMjUyNjUzNDg1NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODczOTU2NjM@._V1_SX1500_CR0,0,1500,999_AL_.jpg

Both pics casting a shadow over his scared eye, on purpose im guessing, as they prob hadn't done the make up on it, or its prior to when he got it, his eyes looking fairly normal also

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The Wigger

(As in wig, before the perpetually offended have a mickey fit)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Quote from my cousin: "Cyberpunk is Projekt Red's way of making up for the horrible mistake that was Witcher 3".

Me: giphy-facebook_s.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 cunningpard

All you need to learn about Witcher 3 is that main character is now always dress up, but when he does, it's to band a sorceress

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

Still a great game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

There's a free download of the live orchestra gig on GOG.com. Click the button on the front page. Looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Am on a second run through. Am going for a Signs/Alchemy build, so am paying more attention to oils/potions/decoctions which I practially ignored before with my crappy Combat/Signs build. Am trying to pick the opposite choices compared to what I made before...
    I don't yet understand the outcome of some of my different choices from the dialog in Vizima, but I did choose that Lothar is dead, so I know I am down one bit of help for the battle at Kaer Morhan. Also managed to save Anna which meant that The Bloody Baron is still alive, so I've yet to find out if he can help me (don't tell me!).

Last playthrough, I stayed faithful to Yen all the way (aside from yer wan's dodgy sister in BaW) so this time I'm gonna go with Triss. After helping Keira with the Tower Of Mice, I banged her and then killed her :pac: I honestly didn't know that fight would happen so I guess I'm down another bit of help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Get the Assassin of Kings for the fight assuming you didnt kill him in 2.

he helps greatly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thinking of starting a 2nd play through of this on the ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Thinking of starting a 2nd play through of this on the ps4.
    Just started last night!

3rd one though :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Just started last night!

3rd one though :pac:

I brought the GOTY edition twice now, on pc in 2016 and again this time last year and I brought the game day 1 too, so I've brought it three times now :o:D .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭steve_r

Finished B&W main quest last night. Had done the main story and Heart of Stone.
    Overall it's an amazing game and one of the best I've ever played.
    The depth is incredible, I spent huge amounts of time on this game and yet I feel I haven't seen all it has to offer.

So what next guys? Hard task to follow this!

Any similar open world games that have RPG features but won't scare off the casual gamers like me? On PC

steve_r wrote: »
    The depth is incredible, I spent huge amounts of time on this game and yet I feel I haven't seen all it has to offer.

Any similar open world games that have RPG features but won't scare off the casual gamers like me? On PC

I recommend and Although not on the same scale as W3 another rpg that has a special place in my heart is dragons dogma, should be cheap enough by now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

steve_r wrote: »

I've played through it 3 times now. I wanted to go back and play it again but honestly there's just so much too it it's hard to go through again.

While the combat is not the best out there, I certainly do find myself off-put by a lot of games if they don't match up very quickly. Witcher 3 has ruined gaming for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,570 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Finished my second playthrough at the weekend. I intentionally went for different choices/paths just to see what the different outcomes would be. I think I accidentally made some of the same storyline choices in Vizima the 2nd time around so still haven't seen everything.
    Saved Anna Strenger but she was still mad. Thought that if BB didn't hang himself that he'd join me at the battle for Kaer Morhan - I was wrong. Banged and then killed Keira so no help from her. I didn't recover Djikstra's treasure the first time around but tried to do it this time and failed, so he didn't join me. I supported Hjallmar instead of Cerys but support ended up being the same. Didn't find anything on Birna Bran and have no idea how.

I decided to treat Ciri like dirt instead of trying to be supportive and then she never came back from the White Frost. Also, didn't get a chance to assassinate Radovid so Nilfgaard lost and Emhyr died :( Along with loads of mages and non-humans. First time, Ciri went to Vizima at the end and Redania became a vassal state but this outcome was just bloody depressing.

I avoided W3 wiki sites just so everything would remain a surprise the second time. Had to go read to see what I could have done differently. I shall not be doing a 3rd playthrough cos until the weekend, this is the only game I've been playing since July :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I shall not be doing a 3rd playthrough cos until the weekend, this is the only game I've been playing since July :o

You say that now, but in six months time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭CWF

Definitely going to pick this up when I finish rdr2 and gow. Gonna invest a good 6 months in to it then... very excited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

I loved my first play through. I started NG+ months ago and never got around to finishing since I started playing the expansions. I need to finish both. This is one of my hands down favorite games though. There is just so much to do and explore, also the lore is some of the best in any game I have played. I'm going to try and get through blood and wine in the next few months haha

Sadly imo it beats OOT as the best videogame ever made.

I loved OOT but it was pre internet so i had to play the game.

W3 gave me that again in Internet times, i didnt need the internet.

Yeah as far as I am concerned its the best video game ever made, i am still upset about the **** ending i got and I played W1,2 before this one........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

dreamers75 wrote:

I'm sure many will be offended reading that. :rolleyes:
    Can't transport myself back to the moment of time playing my favourite games but even years after beating it I do consider Wild Hunt to easily be the best game I've played this generation.
    I have a Switch before someone brings up BOTW but just the twisted stories, varied characters, side missions and lore in the Witcher were just amazing.
    That's not even mentioning the DLC which has some of the greatest value for money add on content ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

dreamers75 wrote: »

I loved OOT but it was pre internet so i had to play the game.

W3 gave me that again in Internet times, i didnt need the internet.

Yeah as far as I am concerned its the best video game ever made, i am still upset about the **** ending i got and I played W1,2 before this one........
    I never got into OOT (or any Zelda until botw... Which made me massively regret missing the others) but this was my exact opinion with relation to Mario 64 finally being topped by TW3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

OOT can't possibly be the best game of all time because the water temple is in it and it's absolute hot garbage. Apart from that it's great, but still that hurts it a lot in my opinion. It's unforgivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I honestly can't decide between Witcher 3 and BotW, Witcher 3 and the expansions were a once in a lifetime experience so they probably take it but there's something just so perfect about BotW, if they'd just added a bit more meat and depth to it it would have been an easy choice, they're my top 2 anyway, cant believe I played BotW all the way through on an emulator aswell.

OOT can't possibly be the best game of all time because the water temple is in it and it's absolute hot garbage. Apart from that it's great, but still that hurts it a lot in my opinion. It's unforgivable.

it is/was GGOAT and Water temple is not really that hard, i think the internet made it out to be harder than it actually was.

W3 actually beats it, its as perfect as a video game can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I preferred the Witcher 3 to BOTW, but the witchers combat is meh, its the only thing in it that needed more work to be honest.. But its still enjoyable, just a bit too easy.

I think dumping something similar to bloodbornes combat mechanics into the Witcher 3, you would have a perfect game.

BOTW was good but crappy weapon system, OOT was a better Zelda game despite the vast difference in scale IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

nix wrote: »
    I think dumping something similar to bloodbornes combat mechanics into the Witcher 3, you would have a perfect game.

And I believe if the combat was more like Bloodborne, it would not have been as popular. While Bloodborne and its ilk have a strong following, it would have alienated quite a lot of other players who were into it for the story, not the combat. Personally, if the combat was anything like those games I would most likely have not played it, and if I did, I would have given up out of frustration after a while.

The combat wasn't hard, but it had its moments. I thought it was grand for the game, considering it did come out 4 years ago! Enjoyable, not too complicated. But it's all about the story imo, and that includes side-missions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,394 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I understand the combat comments but in a game with this much exploration, I think that souls kind of combat would have made it all a chore.

Advertisement