Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Seen a little video of this today and looks interesting. Have Witcher 1 and 2, never even downloaded them from Steam.

Might try get through Witcher 2 over the weekend or next week, see if I have an interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Is the map really 136 km ? GTA V was 81 km or something like that. That map playthrough just didn't feel like a map thats over 50 km bigger than GTA V.

I'll probably have to get a sense of scale when I actually sit down to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Also at GOG the money is going straight to the devs. I really hope they make a fortune to show the likes of Ubisoft and EA how much their anti consumers business models suck!
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-05-07-green-man-gaming-accuses-cd-projekt-of-freezing-out-rival-retailers

Hardly the sentiment that puts the consumers first. Appears to reduce buying options for consumers, lowering competition and keeps prices high.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-05-07-green-man-gaming-accuses-cd-projekt-of-freezing-out-rival-retailers

Hardly the sentiment that puts the consumers first. Appears to reduce buying options for consumers, lowering competition and keeps prices high.

The product is DRM Free so if consumers think the price is too high they have a cost free although illegitimate way of obtaining a copy. Personally supporting the Dev's directly using GOG at a price of 47 Euro is no issue for me.
    Also EA/Ubisoft have their latest products completely ring fenced with their own proprietary distribution software.
    This is just my opinion, that I also feel good quality games should also have a price that reflects it, slapping huge discounts on newly released games gives the impression it is not a well crafted product!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Its 30 gig download from psn but I'm guessing if you buy disc copy it would be around 50 gig install?

It may be a 50 gig download, the EU and US store both say different sizes.

I'm not sure I get them with that stance. From that stance and from other articles it smacks of them looking to be paid twice but rational guy in me realises there has to be more to it than that. They have a great game from the sounds of it doesn't make them angels though .... nor devils. I guess the truth as always is somewhere in the middle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Is the map really 136 km ? GTA V was 81 km or something like that. That map playthrough just didn't feel like a map thats over 50 km bigger than GTA V.

I'll probably have to get a sense of scale when I actually sit down to play it.

They only went through the northern realm

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

According to Amazon the boxed standard version comes with the official soundtrack, the official developer-created Witcher Universe: The Compendium book, a detailed map of the in-game world, and a set of unique The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt stickers.

Digital price 64.99, Smyths price 64.99

WTF is up with digital pricing, its a complete rip off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gonna stick with my amazon order , was tempted to go digital but I can wait .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Same.....any chance we'll get it before next weekend?
    Mine said the estimate is Thursday-Saturday and dispatching on Monday.....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

macpac26 wrote: »
    According to Amazon the boxed standard version comes with the official soundtrack, the official developer-created Witcher Universe: The Compendium book, a detailed map of the in-game world, and a set of unique The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt stickers.

It's not a rip-off if people are willing to pay it.

Economics 101

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ERG89 wrote: »
    Same.....any chance we'll get it before next weekend?
    Mine said the estimate is Thursday-Saturday and dispatching on Monday.....

Mine is the same ,I pre ordered last June, I'm hoping it will be here before next Friday anyway if they ship on Monday hopefully,mine is working out at about 62 I think but if you try to pre order now its shot up to about 70 euro o_O

Mine is the same ,I pre ordered last June, I'm hoping it will be here before next Friday anyway if they ship on Monday hopefully,mine is working out at about 62 I think but if you try to pre order now its shot up to about 70 euro o_O

Pre-ordered with hmv.ie and got it for 55 with free delivery using 20% discount code. Delivered through an Post I think so should get it on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Digital pricing for console is set for its own reasons. Sony / Microsoft make digital equal or alot of the times more expensive than retail unless its a deal on ps+ or something, why??. Money. They get the lazy people. People that don't have time to go pick up a game. And because it's digital get maximum profits.

Now Sony /Microsoft believe it or not don't want bricks and mortar shops to end. Why? They keep prices high. Thats it.in a nutshell. Maximum profits.

If Sony /Microsoft went full digital killing off shops like gamestop,their revenue would due to the serious decrease in value because of only digital copy be nowhere near as profitable as the current system .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

That's a pretty decent package for a standard version. Presumably (hopefully) it'll be the same with the Argos version?

cbd1831c-eaa9-4f6e-86b2-72e0926b0fda._V329428620_.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That's a pretty decent package for a standard version. Presumably (hopefully) it'll be the same with the Argos version?

cbd1831c-eaa9-4f6e-86b2-72e0926b0fda._V329428620_.jpg

I think every standard edition gets all that no matter where you buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Im presuming that this is the case for the boxed version of the game as Gamestop have the same content listed on their website too.

Fair play to CD Projekt Red - makes owning the physical game worthwhile

Im presuming that this is the case for the boxed version of the game as Gamestop have the same content listed on their website too.

Fair play to CD Projekt Red - makes owning the physical game worthwhile

yep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Just checked my order and I'd forgotten I'd got free first class delivery to parcel motel, dispatch estimate is for Saturday the 16th and delivery estimate is for Tuesday 19th so I'll probably have it on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I'm going to stick with the PC version over the PS4 version I think, and hope that my 7870HD can handle it at decent settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Cina wrote: »
    I'm going to stick with the PC version over the PS4 version I think, and hope that my 7870HD can handle it at decent settings.

Yes but even if it does not, you won't have that lingering filthy peasant smell.

With the pc you will have more options to optimise it your way.

Ps Your 7870 might fetch 120 on adverts add the price of a game and you will pick up a second hand r9 280x. Just an after thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 liquidsnake

Anyone here on PS4 waiting for the pre-load to go live? They said it was available in "most of Europe" but that doesn't seem to include Ireland (surprise, surprise).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Yes but even if it does not, you won't have that lingering filthy peasant smell.

Ps Your 7870 might fetch 120 on adverts add the price of a game and you will pick up a second hand r9 280x. Just an after thought.

I was actually considering getting an r9 280x, where can they be purchased second hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Kinda stopped being funny back in 1982.

you won't have that lingering filthy peasant smell.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

weiland79 wrote: »
    Kinda stopped being funny back in 1982.

I do remember back in the 80s when playing pong, that the ball should have been rendered roundier. Full marks for gameplay though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Cina wrote: »
    I was actually considering getting an r9 280x, where can they be purchased second hand?

They're about 200 on adverts

Advertisement