Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Dabs is always worth a look for used stock. I just ordered a returned r9 290 for about 200. Lucky find.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've cancelled my digital pre-order, gonna get it in Argos instead. From the Argos.co.uk site:
    Dedicated to gamers who want more from physical box editions of games and containing premium items prepared by the developers, this edition of The Witcher 3 is the definitive answer for those gamers who want to enter the Witcher universe with style. Contains the game disc, a CD, The Compendium, a beautiful map and a set of unique stickers.

Although, that's the special 'Pre-order' edition, I can only guess the Irish stores will get the same copies for their first batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sold a load of trading cards on Steam the last few days so going to cancel my key-site order and get it for free on Steam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Incredibly easy to setup. I use this programme and it's effectively plug and play, minicks the 360 controller so no messing about with remapping or anything like that http://ds4windows.com/

I tried that but I didn't like it in the end. I can't remember why though I'll probably re-try it sometime soon. For now I use http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper and I like it because there's nothing I have to boot up or mess with once it's installed... just runs like an actual driver in the background.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I've cancelled my digital pre-order, gonna get it in Argos instead. From the Argos.co.uk site:

Although, that's the special 'Pre-order' edition, I can only guess the Irish stores will get the same copies for their first batch.

Going to get it from Argos also. Do they have the ability to pre-order on Argos.ie? Never noticed it before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Incredibly easy to setup. I use this programme and it's effectively plug and play, minicks the 360 controller so no messing about with remapping or anything like that http://ds4windows.com/

Only seeing this now. Thanks :)

Just one question, do I have to buy a special usb connector to connect the ds4 to the pc or does it pick it up through bluetooth?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Going to get it from Argos also. Do they have the ability to pre-order on Argos.ie? Never noticed it before.

No, you have to wait till it turns up on the website to reserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Got my free key for this and Arkham Knight (well, I got them with my 970, but still) yesterday and did the pre-load the same day:

ImHZCbz.png

Time to make the new PC sweat a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Pre-loading on PS4 for me now.

Got an error initially but the hack around to fix it is to download Singstar and then download The Witcher from your library. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

tok9 wrote: »
    Pre-loading on PS4 for me now.

Got an error initially but the hack around to fix it is to download Singstar and then download The Witcher from your library. :pac:

Some things just arent worth it. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3 liquidsnake

I'm on PS4 and I can still only see the timer ticking down, no option to download it, when did it start for you? I assume you're in Ireland? For me it says the "auto-download is expected for 18/05". Which is pretty useless for me and I may as well cancel the order and buy it physical if that's the date.

what! Gonna go with digital again :D Gonna try that singstar hack because i totally dont already have it downloaded and host singstar parties at the weekend....

Anyway, great beginners guide to the Witcher works from Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-1704506152?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

I'm on PS4 and I can still only see the timer ticking down, no option to download it, when did it start for you? I assume you're in Ireland? For me it says the "auto-download is expected for 18/05". Which is pretty useless for me and I may as well cancel the order and buy it physical if that's the date.

In the UK but I bought it off the US store so maybe that's why.

Yeah, I tried it from the Irish store, still can't kick off the Witcher download. The 18th is cutting it a bit close, PSN usually has the preload go live 3 days before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

what! Gonna go with digital again :D Gonna try that singstar hack because i totally dont already have it downloaded and host singstar parties at the weekend....

Anyway, great beginners guide to the Witcher works from Kotaku

http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-1704506152?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Skips over the 1st game a bit too much and then mentions characters who were in it and the 2nd.

If your gonna do one of those at least do it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The author never completed the first one and he admits it. Thats why its light on the first game.

Honestly, its not that big of a deal and its a bit nitpicky to gripe about it. The job is to enlighten new fans as to the world before the 3rd one hits and he did a good job of it. I learned a few things I didnt know anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Only seeing this now. Thanks :)

Just one question, do I have to buy a special usb connector to connect the ds4 to the pc or does it pick it up through bluetooth?

I just connect it with the standard USB charging cable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I went from "I might get this game" to "I need this ****ing game right now" over the span of two weeks...

Damnit I want this game.

Singstar hack?

Yeah, I tried it from the Irish store, still can't kick off the Witcher download. The 18th is cutting it a bit close, PSN usually has the preload go live 3 days before hand.

Well the initial download is 9GB. Not sure how much of the game you would get to play with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I never got through the Witcher 2. For some reason I just completely sucked assballs at it and I'm usually pretty competent with just about any game. I'm wondering if I should just go and install it again and give it another shot before 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Any sign of witcher 1 and 2 being released on PS3 or PS4 at all? I would like to play them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Noxin wrote: »
    I never got through the Witcher 2. For some reason I just completely sucked assballs at it and I'm usually pretty competent with just about any game. I'm wondering if I should just go and install it again and give it another shot before 3.

It's definitely worth playing, as it's a brilliant game. The enhanced edition makes it a bit more forgiving as well.

I was gonna play through it again, but i can't see myself finishing it by Tuesday. I'll just watch a few youtube videos to catch up, and download a complete save game from the Nexus following Roches path and picking all the 'good guy' choices. Should be good to go after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I got all the way through the first one and gave up a few hours into the second one, it just didnt gel with me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Pangea wrote: »
    Any sign of witcher 1 and 2 being released on PS3 or PS4 at all? I would like to play them.

No to PS3 I would say. The developer skipped Witcher 2 for the PS3 as they said it would be too much hassle trying to port the game to the PS3 so only the 360 got a port.

They are working on CyberPunk aswell right now so I don't know if they would have time to port W1&2 to current consoles.

Man, that is some epic luanch trailer, up there with the Dead Island one.
    Wing126 wrote: »

Singstar hack?

Apparently if you bought the game on the US PSN store, you can pre-load it early by installing a free app like singstar first.
    Pangea wrote: »

Devs had said they would like to but no plans as of yet. As Captain said, they are working on Cyberpunk which sounds absolutely class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Kiith wrote: »
    It's definitely worth playing, as it's a brilliant game. The enhanced edition makes it a bit more forgiving as well.

I was gonna play through it again, but i can't see myself finishing it by Tuesday. I'll just watch a few youtube videos to catch up, and download a complete save game from the Nexus following Roches path and picking all the 'good guy' choices. Should be good to go after that.

In no huge rush for 3 as I have a backlog here anyway. Might give 2 another go to see if I can survive the first ruddy quests :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'm still in a toss up whether to buy this on Tuesday on PS4 or wait 2 weeks until i get my new gpu (gtx 970)

Might wait until i know how well optimized it it. But i imagine with it being CD projekt it'll be top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm going to try part 2 at the weekend to see if I like it, The hype for it is really really tempting me to just dive in to part 3 but I'm trying to be a little level headed about it, Danny O Dwyer from gamespot was streaming the xbox one version last night and it looks fantastic IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Can't wait to play 3.

The Witcher 2 would be in my top 5 games. It can take a short while to get into it but once you do it's class.

Advertisement