Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I think witcher 1 and 2 are less than €4 each on steam at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

jonny24ie wrote: »
    I think witcher 1 and 2 are less than €4 each on steam at the moment.

1 is €8. 2 is €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I played The Witcher a few years ago, enjoyed it a lot but never finished it. I bought The Witcher 2 on release from GOG, enjoyed it a lot but never finished it. Last year, I decided to replay W2 and finish it before W3 came out. About quarter way through, I decided to replay W1 first and then W2 before W3 came out, so I could have my choices from both run through to the new one. I didn't finish either of them.

What's wrong with me that I can't finish these brilliant games and should I take it as a sign to not buy Wild Hunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I played The Witcher a few years ago, enjoyed it a lot but never finished it. I bought The Witcher 2 on release from GOG, enjoyed it a lot but never finished it. Last year, I decided to replay W2 and finish it before W3 came out. About quarter way through, I decided to replay W1 first and then W2 before W3 came out, so I could have my choices from both run through to the new one. I didn't finish either of them.

What's wrong with me that I can't finish these brilliant games and should I take it as a sign to not buy Wild Hunt?

I really like Witcher 2, but couldn't be bothered finishing it. Made it to the 3rd large area, the City, and gave up. Was getting a bit samey for me. Witcher 1 was ok, but the controls were not for me so I arsed around the castle for a while and never went back. I can't stand Mouse and Keyboard. Witcher 3 looks to be more of what I'm after.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Irish ps store saying expected auto download date is today for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Irish ps store saying expected auto download date is today for me.

Yupp, looks like they brought the time closer to match the rest of Europe/US. Will have to keep an eye on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Noxin wrote: »
    1 is €8. 2 is €20.

Well last night I was going to buy them and they showed up as under 4 euro each :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Well last night I was going to buy them and they showed up as under 4 euro each :confused:

Steam sale is over it seems, €4 for the pair on GOG

Steam sale is over it seems, €4 for the pair on GOG

Maybe thats what i seen, in fairness I was barely able to focus when I was on the PC last night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Someone broke release as there is people on ps4 playing on twitch streams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Download is now live on Irish PS4. The auto download never kicked in for me. You can kick off the dowload from your library.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Tuesday can't come fast enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Download is now live on Irish PS4. The auto download never kicked in for me. You can kick off the dowload from your library.

Yep same here. Really can't wait. Getting closer by the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

titan18 wrote: »
    Sweet, I'm not the only one

I would like to add that I'll be off work due to my shift finishing. Im not actually gonna take annual leave just for a game.................again

(Damn you Destiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Guy in twitch called Swiftor is playing through this at the mo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I would like to add that I'll be off work due to my shift finishing. Im not actually gonna take annual leave just for a game.................again

(Damn you Destiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Ah, I'm taking 4 days annual leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

So this leaks early on the store and then the store goes down. Shenanigans.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It didn't leak. It's just pre-load.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

tok9 wrote: »
    It didn't leak. It's just pre-load.

It did leak, and has leaked for over a week now, people in the Middle East have had the game for the last week and this is the norm over there, they are notorious for breaking street dates gong back to both consoles.

• Advertisement

Xenji wrote: »
    It did leak, and has leaked for over a week now, people in the Middle East have had the game for the last week and this is the norm over there, they are notorious for breaking street dates gong back to both consoles.

He means it didn't leak on psn. Its freely for sale in Italy and Germany. I think London broke release yesterday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dipped into the witcher 2 last night to see what all the fuss is about, I wasn't expecting it to be so menu and inventory heavy, seems like there's a lot to manage between crafting, combat , traps, thrown items, signs , meditation etc . It was late when I started so I'll have another look later And see if it starts to gel a bit.

Xenji wrote: »

I wouldn't really consider that a leak though. That's just breaking the street date.

He means it didn't leak on psn. Its freely for sale in Italy and Germany. I think London broke release yesterday as well.

What! I'd be tempted to get it if I hadn't preloaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

annoying the consoles always get the leaked games. Seems to me PC players always have to wait :(

Headshot wrote: »
    annoying the consoles always get the leaked games. Seems to me PC players always have to wait :(

Come join us on the dark side :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's usually the other way round imo with torrent sites and all.

I seen PC gamers giving out on reddit that CD Projekt won't launch the game now it broke release but the fact is they have obligations to retailers and other online distribution systems.

Little QnA with Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot reviewer, on his 10/10 rating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It's usually the other way round imo with torrent sites and all.

Some of the latest biggest 'leaks' have been on console, actually. GTAV leaked on torrents site for last generation consoles a week before official release I remember reading.

Also, someone criticising Kotaku's review of TW3 https://medium.com/@adrianchm/the-boy-who-cried-white-wolf-on-polygon-s-the-witcher-3-review-f7ac8d7f0a5

Advertisement