Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Nice message from the developers included in physical copies
    witcher_dev_message.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What a nice message :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So my physical PC collectors edition is being prepared for sending. So I'll have to spend the intervening few days of avoiding discussions until it arrives. On a completely unrelated note, I just happen to have next week off....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    After hearing about the supposed downgrade of the PC version, i'm thinking of just getting the PS4 version.

Otherwise i'll be waiting another 3 weeks until i can play it on my new gpu. I'll hold off until Wednesday. Their should be plenty of comparisons out by then.
    PS4 still stuck on 30fps gameplay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I pre-ordered the collector's edition for my brother's birthday last year. It arrived this morning! He forgives me for the delay :pac:

349152.jpg

• Advertisement

day one patch is 482MB on PS4, 588MB on Xbox One

The full PS4 patch notes can be seen below.

Major changes:
    Support for DLCs
    Multiple stability issues fixed
    Overall performance improvements

Quests and game:
    Variety of cosmetic quest improvements
    Journal objective fixes
    Quest mapping fixes
    Dialogue flag fixes
    Quest balancing issues
    Scene triggering improvements

Gameplay systems:
    Boat behaviour
    AI improvements
    NPC spawn strategy improvements
    Combat balancing
    UI optimizations

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/news/the_witcher_3s_day_one_patch_is_482mb_on_ps4_588mb_on_xbox_one.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Got through the prologue of the Witcher 2 at the weekend (about 4 hours gameplay). I've made my mind up that I'll definitely be picking up part 3 anyway!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Lads, I have Witcher 2 from a sale a while back but haven't played it yet, would it be worth my while picking up 1 and starting there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

day one patch is 482MB on PS4, 588MB on Xbox One

The full PS4 patch notes can be seen below.

Major changes:
    Support for DLCs
    Multiple stability issues fixed
    Overall performance improvements

Quests and game:
    Variety of cosmetic quest improvements
    Journal objective fixes
    Quest mapping fixes
    Dialogue flag fixes
    Quest balancing issues
    Scene triggering improvements

Gameplay systems:
    Boat behaviour
    AI improvements
    NPC spawn strategy improvements
    Combat balancing
    UI optimizations

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/news/the_witcher_3s_day_one_patch_is_482mb_on_ps4_588mb_on_xbox_one.html

Also PC

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-day1-patch-pc-improves-vegetation-shadows/
    CD Projekt RED removed the “PS4 vs PC” comparison video, posted earlier by PCGamesHardware and went on to detail the differences between the two versions. They claimed that the PC build was not final and that the PS4 version dis not use the day-one patch which not only fixed the PS4 framerate issue but also implemented a few visual enhancements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Lads, I have Witcher 2 from a sale a while back but haven't played it yet, would it be worth my while picking up 1 and starting there?

Witcher 1 & 2 play and feel completely differently to each other. To save on time i'd watch a video on youtube to catch up on what happened in Witcher 1 and then play Witcher 2. If you have time, then play Witcher 1. But it's generally longer than Witcher 2 (averages about 15 hours longer than Witcher 2)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Cravez wrote: »
    Witcher 1 & 2 play and feel completely differently to each other. To save on time i'd watch a video on youtube to catch up on what happened in Witcher 1 and then play Witcher 2. If you have time, then play Witcher 1. But it's generally longer than Witcher 2 (averages about 15 hours longer than Witcher 2)

Interesting, think i might watch the videos so and just play 2 and then pick up 3 possibly on the PS4 or PC i'll see closer the time on which to go for. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This ^.

Witcher 1 was a fantastic but pretty hardcore RPG and does show its age by today's standard's. In a way it's kinda similar to the differences between Mass effect 1 and 2 only more extreme.

Witcher 2 on the other hand, is up there with the best RPG's ever made and is still well worth while playing through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I'd still get it on PC tbh, who knows either 1 of 3 things may happen:

1) Someone will find the downgraded settings in a config,ini or xml file (some say they have already) and literally turn them on so it will contain all the purty settings it was shown at the first trailer. Like what was done with Watch Dogs.

2) CD Project Red may update the graphics settings down the line if they release an enhanced edition like they have done with the previous 2 games

3) Someone will just mod the game to increase the graphic fidelity as modding is an option for the Witcher series.

It took nearly two years for modding support to become available for The Witcher 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

But wasn't it only about 6 or 7 months after release that they came out with the enhanced edition? I'm honestly expecting them to do the same with this one.

And just to be clear, is this out at midnight tonight, or midnight tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

humanji wrote: »
    But wasn't it only about 6 or 7 months after release that they came out with the enhanced edition? I'm honestly expecting them to do the same with this one.

And just to be clear, is this out at midnight tonight, or midnight tomorrow night?

In 12 hours.

humanji wrote: »

Yeah i have the enhanced version of 2 so ill get stuck into that soon, have a serious backlog on PC and PS4 now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Any good deals for this on ps4?

Gamestop selling it for €75!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Burkie7 wrote: »

Fvck Gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Try Argos for best in store price.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

I got mine on the US XB1 store for €47. Handy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

30 on G2play for PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I never played the first 2. Do I need to?

I am considering getting this as it looks impressive. I am more of a GTA kinda person. So this is my first foray into this genre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

py2006 wrote: »
    I never played the first 2. Do I need to?

I am considering getting this as it looks impressive. I am more of a GTA kinda person. So this is my first foray into this genre.

Since they pretty much removed 3 from the name and it was never on ps system, unfortunately I think you will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Typical, I build a pc for this game and it looks like I should have just got it on ps4 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Typical, I build a pc for this game and it looks like I should have just got it on ps4 :P

yeah I was seriously debating whether to upgrade my 6970 for this but will now wait for a newer card to go with the Oculus Rift when it comes out

The game isn't on the Argos website for some reason.

It's 53 dollars and I have a US account might just buy it on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Spam

The game isn't on the Argos website for some reason.

It's 53 dollars and I have a US account might just buy it on that.

Argos selling it for 68

Argos selling it for 68

Can get the deluxe edition for €62 on US Store I'll just get it from that and ya can pre-load too.

Thanks lads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

65 on the Irish ps network, so good luck Gamestop.

Advertisement