Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Amazon UK shipped my copy this morning. Regular super saver and no tracking. Let the waiting begin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Amazon UK shipped my copy this morning. Regular super saver and no tracking. Let the waiting begin.

Mine still hasn't been shipped :/

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Game pre-loaded now and ready to go for 12 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mine still hasn't been shipped :/

Same....tempted to cancel & buy in store tomorrow....:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah you're better off cancelling. Everybody knows a game grows exponentially worse if you don't play it within minutes if it being widely available. Seconds if possible ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah you're better off cancelling. Everybody knows a game grows exponentially worse if you don't play it within minutes if it being widely available. Seconds if possible ;)

Nah just worried I won't get it until next Monday, I won't be able to play it until the weekend anyway -_-
    Although I still have The Witcher 2 to finish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

€68 in Argos and you get the map, stickers, music CD and compendium booklet, Amazon's Super Saver delivery has gone to hell in recent months.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

The retail version in argos will be without the dlc pass I assume though?

Tankran wrote: »
    The retail version in argos will be without the dlc pass I assume though?

I imagine so.

The first expansion isn't out till October I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    €68 in Argos and you get the map, stickers, music CD and compendium booklet, Amazon's Super Saver delivery has gone to hell in recent months.

I'm hoping your wrong about that now :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 psyconia

Do you only get the Free DLC pass if you order it it from Amazon ? What about anywhere else ?
    Also is it only for preOrders ? So if I order it next month from Amazon do I get the pass ?

psyconia wrote: »
    Do you only get the Free DLC pass if you order it it from Amazon ? What about anywhere else ?
    Also is it only for preOrders ? So if I order it next month from Amazon do I get the pass ?

Looking at the ps store, the game is €65, the season pass €25; together €90. Honestly I'm leaning towards argos just to have the physical copy + extras and pick up the season pass later. You think sony would knock a few quid off the bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

psyconia wrote: »

Every copy no matter where you purchase it will have the free DLC

I'm hoping your wrong about that now :-P

Mortal Kombat took nearly 8 days, same with DOA :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Every copy no matter where you purchase it will have the free DLC

Does this apply to digital copies as well?

Yeah.

Yes, the season pass is for the larger dlc's they will be releasing, they expect to release smaller free things as they complete them. The big sound feckers.

Xenji wrote: »
    Mortal Kombat took nearly 8 days, same with DOA :(

:(

Every copy ,physical or digital will get the 16 free DLC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

They still launching horse armour as the day 1 DLC?

• Advertisement

For anybody asking about the free DLC
    From the developers themselves

As CD PROJEKT RED, we strongly believe this is not the way it should work and, with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we have decided to do it differently. Cutting to the chase, everyone who buys Wild Hunt will receive 16 specially prepared DLCs absolutely for free, regardless of platform. You don’t have to pre-order, you don’t have to buy any special edition to get them -- if you own a copy of Wild Hunt, they’re yours. This is our way of saying thank you for buying our game.”

On May 20th we will release the first bundle of DLCs (2 of the planned 16) -- the Temerian Armor Set (horse armor included) and a Beard and Hairstyle Set for Geralt, the game’s protagonist. After this date, a DLC bundle consisting of two DLCs will be published every week, entirely for free. Gamers are entitled to the free DLC regardless of obtaining the game via pre-order or after launch. Instructions on how to obtain DLCs on specific platforms will be provided at a later date.

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/867

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

To add to the above, the Season Pass contains access to the 2 planned expansion packs, one being released in October and the other early 2016. These are said to add 30 hours of gameplay. You won't need the season pass to play them, just an offer (I'm guessing 5 or 10 euro off the price) of getting the 2 of them seperatley when they're released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

My friend's going to play some on steam when it gives him access. I'll probably tune into him via the steam streaming thing... love just pressing 'watch game' on friends who are playing a game I want to see.

I'm curious to see if you have to do as much preparation for battle as you did in TW1/2. You'd read a book on the monster, research where it lives, research the vegetation that grows there, craft potions and poisons to use against it, mediate outside its lair all night and the take your witcher drugs. Go in... and still come out half dead from the battle. The only change I'd have to that is reducing the price of the damn research books... they were a rip off.

Hmm status of my amazon order has changed from Dispatching now to pre ordered o_O Wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hmm status of my amazon order has changed from Dispatching now to pre ordered o_O Wtf

Do they have a live chat option you can ask someone what's going on?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Do they have a live chat option you can ask someone what's going on?

Ya I just spoke to someone there and they expect it too ship today and not too worry, I'll take there word for it

Mine has been dispatching soon since I got up this morning at 7. I don't expect it this week tbh >.<

ERG89 wrote: »
    Mine has been dispatching soon since I got up this morning at 7. I don't expect it this week tbh >.<

Mine just dispatched, estimated delivery is thursday \o/

Download is going so slow and I have good internet.

It downloaded the 9GB part really quick but now the 23 GB one is going really slow.

• Advertisement

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Download is going so slow and I have good internet.

It downloaded the 9GB part really quick but now the 23 GB one is going really slow.

If you are using a PS4, pause and unpause the download, should improve the speed.

Advertisement