Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Some the Witcher 2 spoilers in trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Xenji wrote: »
    If you are using a PS4, pause and unpause the download, should improve the speed.

I done that and put it on rest mode hoping that makes it go quicker, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I hope this doesn't spoil too much of the Witcher books that haven't been translated yet. They're not set to be released until 2016 and 2017.

I can't remember did I get anything spoiled from playing through 1 and 2.

Cool to see all the gang back. Hopefully returning characters are more involved than the were in W2 - half of them you just got a letter from to say hi.

Gbear wrote:
    I hope this doesn't spoil too much of the Witcher books that haven't been translated yet. They're not set to be released until 2016 and 2017.

I can't remember did I get anything spoiled from playing through 1 and 2.

The witcher games are set after the books

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

The games aren't cannon anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Obviously.

It'd be difficult for them to spoil things from the books that haven't happened yet.

Like I think they might mention Ciri in 1 or 2 and that sort of thing but I don't think they really give away any of the details about what came before.

There's a few other little references to events and characters reappearing, but I don't think there's any "hey, do you remember the time that important character double crossed you in a particularly plot-twisty manner?".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Is Argos the cheapest option for buying?

Is Argos the cheapest option for buying?

Been mentioned earlier today. Argos is 68.99, smyths is 64.99 and also have Bundle of ps4 and witcher for 399

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Have a feeling that their servers are gonna get hit so badly once midnight comes around. There is no way I'll be playing it anywhere close to midnight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Been mentioned earlier today. Argos is 68.99, smyths is 64.99 and also have Bundle of ps4 and witcher for 399

Where are you getting the Argos price from can I ask? I don't see it listed on their .ie site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mine just dispatched, estimated delivery is thursday \o/

Ugh I was 'assured' it would be dispatched within 24-48 hours.....I'm going to try beat the Karyan in The Witcher II & forget about it

Andrew76 wrote:
    Where are you getting the Argos price from can I ask? I don't see it listed on their .ie site.

It was in the brochure that's usually included in some newspapers and someone posted last week that on the stock checker it came up as 68.99

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That launch trailer was epic! Great song to go with it as well. 5 hours to go, better charge up the DS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Andrew76 wrote: »

Was in the local store today and it came up on the touchscreens when I checked for €67.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Lumpy_Custard

It's €69.99 in Xtravision, guys. They generally have plenty of copies.

I wouldn't recommend buying from the website though - delivery can be very slow, as I found out with PES 2015...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Got it off PSN, downloading away. :) 11 our time it unlocks right?

my copy from hmv was just dispatched, only cost me €55 (used a 20% off voucher code. now expired)

Got it off PSN, downloading away. :) 11 our time it unlocks right?

12pm I think.

Is yours downloading quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Burkie7 wrote: »
    12pm I think.

Is yours downloading quick?

Yeah its quick enough. 19.8/23.9 so far, started maybe around half 5/6.

Yeah its quick enough. 19.8/23.9 so far, started maybe around half 5/6.

No idea why mine is going so slow.

Looks like I won't be playing today.

• Advertisement

Reset my router and it's going much quicker now thank god.

Went from saying it will be 13 hours to 5.

I just set my clock to 23.59 in ps4 and the countdown timer updated! got to 0, paused. ...then went back to 4 hours. Thought i had it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I just set my clock to 23.59 in ps4 and the countdown timer updated! got to 0, paused. ...then went back to 4 hours. Thought i had it :D

I had clicked into settings before I read the rest of the sentence. Dammit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

sheehy83 wrote: »

What if you disconnected from the internet and did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ok, bought this today (PC) and it's downloaded and ready to play. And i just realised that, according to canyourunit, i apparently can't. It says i need a minimum of a Radeon HD 7870, i have a 7850. It says that i'm grand for everyting else, and under the GPU heading, i meet the requirements for Pixel Shader, Vertex Shader and dedicated vram. Am i screwed? Or would overclocking sort that?

I need to upgrade my GPU... :( And they still confuse the hell out of me. Too many different versions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

tW1evVQ.png

Glad we got that sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ok, bought this today (PC) and it's downloaded and ready to play. And i just realised that, according to canyourunit, i apparently can't. It says i need a minimum of a Radeon HD 7870, i have a 7850. It says that i'm grand for everyting else, and under the GPU heading, i meet the requirements for Pixel Shader, Vertex Shader and dedicated vram. Am i screwed? Or would overclocking sort that?

I need to upgrade my GPU... :( And they still confuse the hell out of me. Too many different versions!

You'll be grand on a 7850. What size is the download?

What if you disconnected from the internet and did it?

That might work! Ah Game of thrones and mad men are keeping me busy for a few hours anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'd imagine you'll be able to play the game on low settings at least.
    You tried posting over in the upgrading forum? Plenty of people over there to give you some advice. Let them know your budget, desired make (i.e. nvidia/amd) the games you'll be playing and I'm sure they'll give you a hand.
    Might need to supply other info like PSU and mobo info to make sure you're not gonna buy something that will be unsuitable for you setup.

• Advertisement

Game fully downloaded and now just to wait.

Finish work at 11 so be perfect timing :)

Advertisement