Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Ok, bought this today (PC) and it's downloaded and ready to play. And i just realised that, according to canyourunit, i apparently can't. It says i need a minimum of a Radeon HD 7870, i have a 7850. It says that i'm grand for everyting else, and under the GPU heading, i meet the requirements for Pixel Shader, Vertex Shader and dedicated vram. Am i screwed? Or would overclocking sort that?

I need to upgrade my GPU... :( And they still confuse the hell out of me. Too many different versions!

Yeah you'll be grand with that, it's supposedly very similar to the ps4 GPU. Just reduce the resolution and/or play at medium settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You'll be grand on a 7850. What size is the download?

Coolio. 29gb, and it was a gog key i got, so downloaded through Galaxy, think it only took a couple of hours, i wasn't here when it was downloading, but i started it at half 12 and it was done before half 4.
    I'd imagine you'll be able to play the game on low settings at least.
    You tried posting over in the upgrading forum? Plenty of people over there to give you some advice. Let them know your budget, desired make (i.e. nvidia/amd) the games you'll be playing and I'm sure they'll give you a hand.
    Might need to supply other info like PSU and mobo info to make sure you're not gonna buy something that will be unsuitable for you setup.

Yeah, i'll get onto them when i've money. They helped with the build 3 years ago, so i've no doubt as to their ability to help.
    Yeah you'll be grand with that, it's supposedly very similar to the ps4 GPU. Just reduce the resolution and/or play at medium settings.

That was the intention, i'm not a huge graphics snob, as long as it's smooth i'm good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

29gb is gonna take me 2 or 3 days :pac: The joys of Rural Life. Meh, I'll be waiting for a sale anyways, better unsubscribe from here soon

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

took 25 minutes on UPC for Steam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

HYPE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Benchmarks are out from a german report.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/The-Witcher-3-PC-237266/Specials/Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-1159196/

It's... questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

It's unlocked now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Yup. Just loaded mine up. watched the intro and messed with some settings. Wont be going to bed anytime soon. Playing version 1.02 it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Is it 29gb on PC? Downloading it here and it's saying 21 gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Is it 29gb on PC? Downloading it here and it's saying 21 gig.

Was about 21.4gb on GOG.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

irishmover wrote: »
    Was about 21.4gb on GOG.

Thanks. I'm leaving it to download on my crap internet overnight. Don't want to discover I've to wait another twelve hours to download ten more gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Been mentioned earlier today. Argos is 68.99, smyths is 64.99 and also have Bundle of ps4 and witcher for 399

Cheers big dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

And it's go time (on PS4) :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

In the words of Martin Tyler: "AND IT'S LIVE!"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so what settings level are people getting and fps?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So I chose 'Simulate Witcher 2' at the start. Google said this opens up a q&a near the start where you pick choices from the last witcher game but I'd surely think that was for the No option at the start??

Burkie7 wrote: »
    In the words of Martin Tyler: "AND IT'S LIVE!"

After a quick commercial break.

Working now until 8am. Gonna get this at 9 in the local gamestop then have to hit the gym at 10. Won't get to play this till after lunch but even then I'll be too plumtuckered to enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Loaded up the most recent save from Witcher 2 and it jumped straight into the game. Did the tutorial and the game kind of crashed on me. It was like a CTD but the game was still running with no pic. not even a black screen.

Edit: Just had my first full CTD. Updated to the latest drivers before hand. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pulled the trigger and got it for Xbox One from the store. At €62.99 it's still cheaper than anywhere in Irish bricks and mortar stores and I'll hopefully be playing in a half hour. Was planning on trading in a couple of games but the price that you get in trade-in value from the likes of HMV and Gamestop is still less than you get for selling your games for cash to CEX.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pulled the trigger and got it for Xbox One from the store. At €62.99 it's still cheaper than anywhere in Irish bricks and mortar stores and I'll hopefully be playing in a half hour. Was planning on trading in a couple of games but the price that you get in trade-in value from the likes of HMV and Gamestop is still less than you get for selling your games for cash to CEX.

Cheaper than psn too,I wonder why that is.

I'm not jealous of any of ye that are playing it now -_-

I got €120 in game stop last week for pre-ordering it by trading 4 games, (lords of the fallen worth €10 on it's own, AC:Unity (likely worth little or nothing given the download code prices), FC:4 and final fantasy 0) the 9.99 deal + the bonus credit for trading on a pre-order kicked in. That was there abouts what I would have looked for an adverts for those games without the agro of seeing "swap for something in my ads" or lowballing :D

I hate GS as much as the next guy and no way I would pay them the asking price for this but I have a nice physical copy with a map and soundtrack to pick up in the morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Skerries wrote: »
    so what settings level are people getting and fps?

video and post processing on medium and getting about 45 fps average with a gtx 770.
    Very demanding game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Cheaper than psn too,I wonder why that is.

They were doing 10% if you pre-order it before it's released, so the normal price in €69.99 but yeah, it's weird that it'd be just like on Xbox.

tuxy wrote: »
    video and post processing on medium and getting about 45 fps average with a gtx 770.
    Very demanding game.

I'm sure it'll break my 2160p monitor... Anyone know how optimised they've made it for SLi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

irishmover wrote: »
    I'm sure it'll break my 2160p monitor... Anyone know how optimised they've made it for SLi?

It's when games like this are released I'm happy to only have a 1080p monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Keno wrote: »
    I bought The Witcher 2 around a year ago. I'm going to give it a go now in anticipation of next week.

Onto Chapter 3.

Chapter 2 was class.

Hurry up game!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Keno wrote: »
    Onto Chapter 3.

Chapter 2 was class.

Hurry up game!

I'm not going to spoil anything, just inform you that chapter 2 portions are completely different based on a decision you make. Not in a psuedo walking dead kind of way, brand new parts of the game. It's pretty cool.

tuxy wrote: »
    It's when games like this are released I'm happy to only have a 1080p monitor.

Not really I've done enough comparison to see that even at medium settings my games look better on 2160p.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm not going to spoil anything, just inform you that chapter 2 portions are completely different based on a decision you make. Not in a psuedo walking dead kind of way, brand new parts of the game. It's pretty cool.

Yeah, I've heard a second play through of the game is a must to make all of those other decisions and how they play out.

It's a great game so far. The worst thing about it is the bloody map. It's atrocious!

Advertisement