Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man this game is huge. I have a ton of loot, dunno what 90% of it does. The amount of detail, really does feel like a world full of life. Royal Griffin is kicking my ass, not sure which sword to even use, gonna call it a night but I can see myself sinking crazy hours into this. Also brilliant how the side quests have real personal stories that lead onto other quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Royal Griffin is kicking my ass, not sure which sword to even use

Silver Sword. And apparently will help if you have the Hybrid Potion, but i've done everything in White Orchid and i can't find anyone selling the recipe. Oh, and a certain bomb, can't remember the name of it. It's expensive enough to craft stuff at the start, considering you get paid pittance! I'm about level 3.5, it said recommended level 3, but just as i was about to get to the main part of the mission, killing the Royal Griffin, i had a freeze. Had to force close it. Possibl a sign i should go to bed and continue tomorrow. I did take the week off to play it!

But, i'll mirror your sentiments, have a crap load of stuff and no idea if i should sell, keep or dismantle. It's gonna be a long time to level up high i'd imagine. Plus, the enemies are quite difficult (on medium) unless you're prepared. Dodge is your friend!

So far, freeze aside, i'm enjoying this a lot. Can see this taking up all my time off this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

do yoou have an nvidia card as they are talking about ctd on here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Patiently waiting in my flat for the postman to arrive with my copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

Patiently waiting in my flat for the postman to arrive with my copy.

Anyone knlw if you can change the button prompts to the playstation icons since they messed up kb+m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

NIGH IS THE TIME FOR MADNESS AND DISDAIN

Job.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn;t bother trying this last night, but will sink a good 5-6 hours in tonight. Can't bloody wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Andy Gravity

Tried some last night, v good so far but does anyone else think the text is tiny in some parts of the ui? especially on loot.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭jcrowbar

This game is beautiful!

I really don't get why there was such an uproar online about the downgrade. This is one of the nicest looking games I've ever ran on my pc!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anyone pick it up in Argos yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ?therapy?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Anyone pick it up in Argos yet?

I did. There was a 5euro discount as well. Came down to 63euro.
    There were only 8 copies in Dublin Jervis centre tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

I've been trying to reserve it off the Argos website all morning to collect after work but it's not showing up, no matter what I search for :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

my hmv copy never came in post and was dispatched last night:(

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

yeah whats the story with argos? I'm trying to check which shop has copies so I don't make a wasted trip.

neasyerac wrote: »
    yeah whats the story with argos? I'm trying to check which shop has copies so I don't make a wasted trip.

Just mailed them there, will report back if/when they reply!

Sesudra wrote: »
    Just mailed them there, will report back if/when they reply!

I've gotten 3 automated replies so far saying I need to provide a catalogue number for the product and to reply to the mail with any additonal info. Any time I reply with my query, I get the same automated reply asking me to provided the catalogue number and additonal information...

Argos are usually on key with updating newly released games to the website. Might just head into the local xtravision, still cheaper then gamestop.

neasyerac wrote: »
    Argos are usually on key with updating newly released games to the website. Might just head into the local xtravision, still cheaper then gamestop.

Yeah, might do the same myself. It's very odd, have used Argos for the last few big game releases and, like you say, have always found them on the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Oh to finish my 2nd playthrough of the Witcher 2 on the 360 or start the Witcher 3 tonight!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Just picked it up in Argos Ashbourne. Only had 1 copy in stock. There's definitely something up with their website though. Not just the games section.

• Advertisement

Just got the only PS4 copy in Argos Arklow. There was a single XB1 copy also. See below for catalogue numbers and PS4 stock levels - feck all for some reason. €5 off too was nice. Delighted I went with the physical for the few extra bits you get in the case; map, manual, soundtrack CD, little lore book.

nSLJdDe.jpg

VrfLtcg.jpg

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Just got the only PS4 copy in Argos Arklow. There was a single XB1 copy also. See below for catalogue numbers and PS4 stock levels - feck all for some reason. €5 off too was nice. Delighted I went with the physical for the few extra bits you get in the case; map, manual, soundtrack CD, little lore book.
    QUOTE]

Cheers, appreciate it! Just mailed again with the catalogue number so will see does that get me out of the automated reply cycle I'm trapped in...and nope, just as I type I see the email coming back asking me for the catalogue number :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I think the camera is too close to Geralt. Must check to see if there is a way to draw it back a little bit.

Still noting showing up online, Don't seem to be much stock at each shop so I'll just be safe and go to xtra vision. For the 10euro I'd waste in petrol going to argos, I'd break even going to the much closer xtra-vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Does the standard version have the few extra bits?

Pac1Man wrote: »

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Oh to finish my 2nd playthrough of the Witcher 2 on the 360 or start the Witcher 3 tonight!!!

Beat the Karyan last night :cool: 4 hours later I have to choose sides between Roche and Iorveth....
    Witcher 2 question?
    The village of flotsam is destroyed by Letho, worried now so are my chances of doing them side quests :( Anyone know if its possible to do them?

My copy is supposed to arrive on Friday :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Pac1Man wrote: »

Standard edition contents
    • A Blu-ray Disc with the game (DVDs on PC)
    • An exclusive CD with the official soundtrack
    • The official, developer-created “Witcher Universe – The Compendium”
    • A beautiful, detailed map of the in-game world
    • A set of unique stickers
    • A stylish, protective sleeve.
    witcher-3-standard-edition.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is the Compendium any good?
    How many pages?
    The guide with the Enhanced version was a nice touch :o

• Advertisement

So after receiving my 7th email asking for the catalogue number, I rang up and (hopefully) reserved a copy in Jervis Street! Fingers crossed...

Advertisement