Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is the Compendium any good?
    How many pages?
    The guide with the Enhanced version was a nice touch :o

Nothing to get that excited about to be honest but nice to get something more than a dvd case with just a disc inside. :)

16 pages or so, black & white. But it does have redemption codes inside for Battle Arena (some sort of mobile game?) and issue 1 of a comic book (digital version).

8acuIZ0.jpg

K2y8fnN.jpg

H6mhc1h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tried some last night, v good so far but does anyone else think the text is tiny in some parts of the ui? especially on loot.

Yupp struggling to read some stuff on ps4. I saw someone online say it to a dev and they said you can't check text size and they didn't have a problem with it. Probably fine sitting in front of a pc monitor but not big enough for 6 feet from a telly.

It's actually putting me off reading some journal entries but that's the only complaint i have about the game. It's absolutely epic, can't believe how good it looks for the size of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rocinante

Anyone managed to download it on steam? Mine is saying the game is still encrypted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Rocinante wrote: »
    Anyone managed to download it on steam? Mine is saying the game is still encrypted

I left it overnight to download. Got up this morning at seven and it was downloaded and I watched the opening. Worked fine.

Have to wait until around nine tonight to play the fcuking thing though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rocinante wrote: »

Restart Steam if it's still showing as encrypted. It's happened me a few times in the past, but a restart normally fixes it.

• Advertisement

I left it overnight to download. Got up this morning at seven and it was downloaded and I watched the opening. Worked fine.

Have to wait until around nine tonight to play the fcuking thing though.

That's weird. My pre-load was only 31.7MB, and Steam is telling me it still isn't released

Don't forget to grab the free Beard and Hairstyles DLC and Temerian Armor from the stores so Geralt is looking is best on his adventure :P

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Is there any recap of the events in the first two games? Its been a while since I played 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Is there any recap of the events in the first two games? Its been a while since I played 2.

found this on witcher subreddit

Kiith wrote: »
    Restart Steam if it's still showing as encrypted. It's happened me a few times in the past, but a restart normally fixes it.

Cheers, that sorted it. Now the wait begins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Just back from Argos, its 62.99 now in there, but they seem to have barely no stock anywhere, they only had 2 in my store, which was lucky as was picking up a copy for a friend as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone playing this on death march (hardest difficulty)?

Usually I stick it on the hardest to get the most out of a game and not just hack and slash. Saying that it took me about 6/7 goes to kill the first enemies you meet.

What are people playing on that provides a good challenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

Anyone on PC find the controls janky lock the game to 30fps, seems like it optimised for 30fps due to consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Joe im playing it on normal (story and sword). Was tempted to play hard first but looks like i made the right decision as im still pressing the wrong buttons to cast signs, not sure of the potion and healing system and still trying to figure out how the game works. Once i have all that down, might move it up if it's too easy as the combat is great and would be a shame to mindlessly slash your way through enemies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Think i'll up the difficulty to hard, as i enjoyed the challenge of the 2nd game. Hopefully you can change it mid game though, as difficulty spikes can be a pain in the ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

CEX are selling the Xbox One version for €52. The website says it's out of stock but keep checking your local store. My nearest one had Bloodborne in stock the morning it was released!

Playing it on hard, I get far to distracted with side quests and always end up being over powered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Playing it on the third hardest difficulty of the four you're given at the start I think. Dying quite a bit but I new I would. Seems like it'll take a while to level up. Quite hard all in all. Might drop it down a bit.

Getting a consistent 50 FPS on Ultra @1080 on PC with my gtx 970. Pretty happy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Also started on the third hardest difficulty, Haven't played the witcher before but wanted a little challenge. Just started so haven't faced any enemies yet so not sure how I'm gone to fair!

Playing it on the third hardest difficulty of the four you're given at the start I think. Dying quite a bit but I new I would. Seems like it'll take a while to level up. Quite hard all in all. Might drop it down a bit.

Getting a consistent 50 FPS on Ultra @1080 on PC with my gtx 970. Pretty happy about that.

Lock it to 30 it fill feel smoother, it's janky above it. They totally messed up the port

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tiredness got the better of me last night before I could get stuck in. Working late tonight but have the next two days off and can't wait to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So how does it run on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So how does it run on PS4?

Had a very small frame-rate issue on one of the first cutscenes other than that it has run fine.

Such a beautiful game can see it eating so man hours off my life away it's incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

I think my horse is a little faulty, can I return it for another.

LgDJwBA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Do you mean second most difficult, third hardest would be the second easiest?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

gravehold wrote: »
    Lock it to 30 it fill feel smoother, it's janky above it. They totally messed up the port

Based on what? A sample size of 1?

Try adaptive v sync from an external program if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I don't particularly like RPGs, and I'm no good at them, but later on today I'll trade in a stupid amount of my favourite games in exchange for this. The hype is strong in this one.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Based on what? A sample size of 1?

Try adaptive v sync from an external program if you can

Even at a sold 60vcontrols are off unless locked at 30 read up on the gog forums

The only issue I have with the game so far is that the loot information box is tiny and the writing is even smaller, have a 52" tv and I still have to move closer to read what I have got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

gravehold wrote: »
    Even at a sold 60vcontrols are off unless locked at 30 read up on the gog forums

Dear lord... really? I have a 120Hz so I usually play in the triple digit framerates... how bad are my controls going to be? :confused: Glad I didn't pre order. Maybe this will all get sorted out eventually.

Advertisement