Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

gravehold wrote: »
    Even at a sold 60vcontrols are off unless locked at 30 read up on the gog forums

Ill be waiting on Digital Foundary's verdict.

Checked the first 6 pages on GOG and there are two threads started by the same person related to the issue your having. Most replies indicated that others are not having the same problem.

Its early days yet and and none of the press sites had access to release copy with the day 1 patch as of yet so id be eager to see how it run when they get to bench with full release code.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Only played a few minutes of it last night. I immediately ran off in a random direction and encountered a ghoul and "level up" ability stone protecting it. The game was all like "This monster is too strong for you! You should run and come back later!" Sure enough the ghoul teleported behind me and one shotted me. :P

I reloaded and tried again. Rolled and dodged around like I was playing Bloodborne again. Defeated it. Very satisfying. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just checked my GOG account. They removed the discount for owning the previous 2 games because I didn't pre-order. That's what I get for being a responsible consumer.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Had to load an earlier save as i was stuck fighting the royal griffin underpowered and lacking items. My silver sword inky doing 19 damage with each hit while my crossbow does 13 damage and that's not even supposed to be an attack weapon.

Off side questin' I go.

Top tip. create new save files every time Abe save save save.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

is it worth rushing out to buy ? loved the likes of dark souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

2smiggy wrote: »

Yes, yes it it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just checked my GOG account. They removed the discount for owning the previous 2 games because I didn't pre-order. That's what I get for being a responsible consumer.

To be fair, it was advertised as a pre-order bonus. It was always going to be removed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Keno wrote: »
    Onto Chapter 3.

Chapter 2 was class.

Hurry up game!

And done. Chapter 3 felt rushed. Very good game overall though.

Onto The Wild Hunt we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Kiith wrote: »
    To be fair, it was advertised as a pre-order bonus. It was always going to be removed :)

I know, which is why I mentioned its nice of them to reward me for being a cautious consumer.

Anyway, off to key-resellers I go for when I do decide to buy this. Someone with similar system specs as me is having a hard time getting the game to run @ 60fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Had to load an earlier save as i was stuck fighting the royal griffin underpowered and lacking items. My silver sword inky doing 19 damage with each hit while my crossbow does 13 damage and that's not even supposed to be an attack weapon.

Off side questin' I go.

Top tip. create new save files every time Abe save save save.

We can talk about how far out of your depth you are Saturday Sheehy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Tried fighting that Griffin numerous times on death march. Insanely tough so had to admit defeat and dropped it down one level.

I feel like ive cheated :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

GodlessM wrote: »
    We can talk about how far out of your depth you are Saturday Sheehy :)

Keep flirting to PM please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haha :D

Got to level 3 created some swallow and grapeshot bomb (not that great against the griffin for a weakness) took out the griffin easy enough. Getting the hang of crafting now. Absolutely brilliant game and i didn't even like skyrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Is Charles Dance the emperor of Nilfgaard? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Still waiting!

Curse you Amazon Logisitics.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still waiting!

Curse you Amazon Logisitics.

Did it ship yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Beat the Griffin second time around. Once I knew what I was up against I found it much easier.
    Use the Crossbow to take him out of the sky, hit him when he's stunned/lying there with your Silver Sword, dodge and use Igni as he gets closer and dont forget to use the Thunderbolt potion that you craft as part of the quest. It really overpowers you. One tip is to find the Igni stone close by that will OP Igni for 30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Skerries wrote: »
    do yoou have an nvidia card as they are talking about ctd on here

Nope, Radeon HD 7850. Just had my second freeze, and had to force close again. Can't seem to pin point it to anything in particular, other than my card is lower than canyourunit's minimum.
    2smiggy wrote: »

I'm going to play Devils Advocate and say not really. While the game looks beautiful, and runs quite smooth even on my rig, there's a lot in it which is annoying me, but only slightly. The movement for example, it's not brilliant. Especially on the horse. Getting stuck on small things is very annoying. And while having a crazy big map is a bonus, it's also very overwhelming. I can't see why this game is getting perfect or near-perfect scores. So far (and i've about 8 hours done), i'd be putting it more in line with a 7 or 8/10. Time will tell. It's a good game, a really good game, just not this great game that everyone is shouting about.
    Is Charles Dance the emperor of Nilfgaard? :D

Yes, yes it is. And he seems to be as much of a prick as Twyin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Screw it!!
    Gonna go pick this up now on PS4... Cause **** logical thinking :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

For people running high end systems how do you get it to run above 60fps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

tuxy wrote: »
    For people running high end systems how do you get it to run above 60fps?

Turn off hairworks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

gravehold wrote: »
    Turn off hairworks

It's off but the maxium fps slider still only goes to 60. I don't have a powerful pc but I was just wondering how people with good setup would enable fps over 60.
    Also the fov is far too low for a 3rd person game but I can't find the setting for that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Did it ship yesterday?

Yup. I'm in the UK though so it is supposed to arrive today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

It's off but the maxium fps slider still only goes to 60. I don't have a powerful pc but I was just wondering how people with good setup would enable fps over 60.
    Also the fov is far too low for a 3rd person game but I can't find the setting for that :(

I am googling for a fov fix atm before I can continue playing and if your montior in 120/144hz that slider will go higher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I bought it an hour ago.... Its sitting there, under my telly, MOCKING me...
    "Go on" it says. "Put me on... You know you want to... You know you NEED to... Not long now and you'll lose to Emmerdale and Coronation Street.... "
    I haven't even switched it on yet and its trying to get me divorced.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Put the slider all the way to the left to select "Unlimited"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Anyone playing on Xbox One? How's it perform/look?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Save often...specially on the higher difficulties. Ugh can be a pain having to go back repeat stuff after death. Could have done with an Inn or something so you can replenish health on the higher difficulties, I'm exhausting the deer stock around the fields looking for meat to heal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I forget if it could happen in the previous two games, but it is funny to see archers shooting their own men, actually has been a life saver once or twice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Only played an hour or two, but the game definitely has a very strong sense of place. The villages feel like actual villages, not the sort of diorama occupied by mindless automatons you get in other games.

Running very smoothly too. Getting a steady 55-70 FPS on GTX970, everything ultra with HairWorks turned off (frankly I don't care or even notice the 'enhanced hair' enough to take the performance hit that comes with it). For a game with a supposed downgrade, it sure is pretty :)

00af68c1-b00b-4713-8f2e-3f1583a7ec68.jpg

Advertisement