Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I killed the Royal Griffin last night, and will spend a few hours going to the ?'s all around the map. Got some cool fights last night, as well as a bear that was about twice my size and 4 levels higher than me. Struggled with it till i just stayed mounted and killed him with quick passes on the horse. I like that there are places of power again to get some extra ability points. Found 2 so far, and think i'll go heavily into signs in this game, with a bit of alchemy. Can't wait to get stuck in again later.

My biggest complaint is the bloody fall damage...way over the top :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Yeah found that leveling is very important. Took out both the Moonwraith and the Griffon at level 3 without help or problems.

Anyone have an issue with the crypt door in Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear? Got the guarded treasure in there earlier and when I left, the gate closed behind me. Now it won't open and I need to get in to continue this quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Kiith wrote: »

My biggest complaint is the bloody fall damage...way over the top :(

Yeah I really don't get it. I fell off a roof in the ransacked village and almost died, anything over a foot or two seems to cause damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Skerries wrote: »

ccWHxbN.png :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

This post has been deleted.

Burgo wrote: »
    Yeah I really don't get it. I fell off a roof in the ransacked village and almost died, anything over a foot or two seems to cause damage.

I just found out that if you jump just before landing, you roll and take much less damage. Must have missed that tip.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Skerries wrote: »

Poor bunny :'(

:pac:

Is the pacing of the leveling annoying or do ye find it good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

It seems the pick up as there is more to do the further you truck on. Level 2 took ages to hit but then was nearly straight to level 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's very slow but I'm finding it grand as the levels aren't really hiding brilliant skills/gear (atm anyway). Seems to mostly be affecting whether I can take on a boss or not so it's keeping it challenging for the time being. I'm level 6 but found a class hidden Silver sword in the 'Wandering in the Darkness' mission that's been a big help. I also have found a diagrom for an armour chest piece which is almost triple the defense of my other pieces. Just need one more dark iron ore.

Anyone point me to a herbalist in Velen? I'm looking for Ergot seeds to make Draconid (sp) oil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

Witcher newbie question
    So a question I have (and I blame ordering the digital edition and gaming sites being blocked in work)

The "mana" that you earn to use your spells, how do you earn that out of combat? There was a couple of times I wanted to start off with a spell but had to go in combat first
    Cheers
    Toppy

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Poor bunny :'(

:pac:

I heard (via the Giantbombcast) that you get very little XP for killing enemies and doing alot of the minor sidequests. You get substantially more xp for doing the main and the presumably larger side quests. So if you're faffing around in the same area for ages doing minor quests and killing low level monsters you ain't gonna level up too fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

I found leveling up to 4 was pretty slow with the lack of quests to suit that level but once I got past that it's been more steady as loads of more quests are available.

The big downside to being good in this is I've almost no money. Turned down the witch in the well reward, and also the money from the Nilfgaardian commander guy, so I've only around 200 orens. Need to find myself some more side quests, or stop being so bloody moral :(

Early side quest spoiler -
    Though being good and helping the smith track down the arson didn't end up as i'd expected
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Though being good and helping the smith track down the arson didn't end up as i'd expected

Same,
    I expected something less severe, felt especially bad since we walked out past his kid on the way back to the smithy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Dying to play this but have to finish Bloodborne first.

Thems the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haha yeah that was class.
    Big man back at his house and then turned into a blubbering baby. Reminds me, I must go back there and look to see if I can find the tree he's hanging from so I can take a selfie with him :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Milfgaardian

I cannot get it out of my head each time the game mentions Nilfgaardian!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Milfgaardian

I cannot get it out of my head each time the game mentions Nilfgaardian!

I can't wait to go balls deep in Milfgaardian quests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Haven't played any of the previous Witcher games; should I play them all first or would I be good to go straight into Witcher 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

I'm ashamed to say I bought Witcher 2 and never got around to playing it. Hoping to play it soon though, and then buy W3 and be blown away by all of its advancements :) it was one of those signed copies I got from Amazon that they sent out to people who preordered it - worth any money? or could it just have been an Amazon employee signing mass copies? :pac:
    Edit: just looked it up again, yeah members of the development team at CD Projekt signed all the launch copies for Amazon. Will just play it anyway, finally, before getting stuck into 3. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Started playing this last night and I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Apart from the small UI text I have one other complaint and that's about the controls. Just moving your character around on screen feels off. During the tutorial at the start I even had trouble getting him down the ladder. I'll probably get used to it but it could have been better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

Started playing this last night and I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Apart from the small UI text I have one other complaint and that's about the controls. Just moving your character around on screen feels off. During the tutorial at the start I even had trouble getting him down the ladder. I'll probably get used to it but it could have been better.

Reduce the sensitivity and increase the fov to 75-80 in CE helps so much in movement and those tight places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Haven't played any of the previous Witcher games; should I play them all first or would I be good to go straight into Witcher 3?

ah jump right in, whats the worst that can happen!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My copy arrived :O that was fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Make sure to do the the horse racing when you come across them for some useful gear for the horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

First game in ages (I think since GTA V - Xbox 360) that I cannot wait to get back into it. The game doesnt hold you by the hand either which I like. You need to keep an ear out in conversations too as I accidentally MINOR EARLY SPOILER: didn't take too much notice about saving a girl who was sick - I could have created a potion and thought, yea Il do that, the quest never popped up so I went on my way but when I checked back on her later on she had died.

The crafting and alchemy is pretty in depth too which I like. I started off on Death March and the combat was insanely difficult, managed to get as far as the Royal Griffin and after my 20th attempt dropped it down one level which was much easier. You still need to keep your wits about you though in combat as mindlessly hacking and slashing gets you killed. I love fighting humans, get it down to one person and you can have a bit of craic with them. Started using a club instead of a sword for a while just because.

Great great game. Even the smallest thing as the wind howling adds to the atmosphere in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

As far as I can see, every iteration has been a steady improvement on the previous installment.

You get a decent tutorial at the start if you like.

Witchers are basically superpowered monster hunters for hire, despised by most regular people. They mutate themselves to become stronger, enhance their senses and be able to withstand potions that would kill normal folk. They are notorious for not getting involved unless paid. Their numbers are in decline. Geralt of Rivea (Main character) is a legend, the White Wolf.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

After reading through a good few pages I really want to go and buy this game now! I only scraped the surface of Witcher 2, did like the game but got a lend off a mate & he wanted it back

Played all Dragon Age games and loved them, same with Skyrim

If i bite the bullet, should I expect the same as above? I liked Dragon Age, but enjoyed the open world in Skyrim a lot more. Looking for a game that i can put a good bit of time into, but dont know whether to wait out for ESO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

this version is more open world like Skyrim and Dragon age:Inquisition and they are talking about 200 hours of gameplay so that should keep you busy

Advertisement