Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I didn't like Skyrim or DA:I but this is fantastic. I've been bored with most games this year but this is grabbing my attention non stop. Actually playing different from other games as well. In the fist fighting tournament,
    1 guy asked me to throw the fight because he needs to feed his family. This is after I bet 75 quid and I had only had 100 but
    in any other game I would have played the good guy, not here though, told this fella to F right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I went an killed the Royal Griffin too early last night... I was still only level 2 and had only done a handful of side quests.
    Ive yet to delve into alchemy potion or oil making... Its all a little confusing and daunting at the moment... I intend really taking my time in tonight's session to try and get the hang of it. Doing a lot of side quests and ingredient collecting.

Somebody said above that they like that there isn't much hand holding... But I can't help but feel id have liked a little more guidance in the early parts just to get started.

Great game though... Very immersive...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Somebody said above that they like that there isn't much hand holding... But I can't help but feel id have liked a little more guidance in the early parts just to get started.

Instead of bombarding you with a ton of tutorials at the start, I think this game leads you gently into different tutorials at the appropriate time. While it doesn't hold your hand, it doesn't leave you hanging either. It's no Dark Souls. :)

For instance, the bulletin board in the first area has a number of quests that are essentially mini tutorials. A couple show you how the Witcher Senses (investigation mode) works, one steps you through gathering and alchemy, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Need some help with killing an enemy. Not a story spoiler just a normal enemy but I'll just be safe.
    I'm trying to kill a Alghoul which is guarding some treasure but every time I hit him I lose health and he regains some? I can't find anything in the Bestiary about it and noting online for this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I didn't like Skyrim or DA:I but this is fantastic. I've been bored with most games this year but this is grabbing my attention non stop. Actually playing different from other games as well. In the fist fighting tournament,
    1 guy asked me to throw the fight because he needs to feed his family. This is after I bet 75 quid and I had only had 100 but
    in any other game I would have played the good guy, not here though, told this fella to F right off.

Just done the exact same :)

Got a block in perfect from the get go and dropped the dude in 10 seconds :D

• Advertisement

Need help on the Family matters quest.
    I've done everything except Investigate all remaining leads in Velen and find the Baron's wife. I don't know what to do for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Need help on the Family matters quest.
    I've done everything except Investigate all remaining leads in Velen and find the Baron's wife. I don't know what to do for this?
    Have you done the Hunting a Witch and Ladies of the Wood quests yet? While doing the Ladies of the Wood quest you will come across a demon tree thing underground, Kill it don't spare it or else anna will die.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Instead of bombarding you with a ton of tutorials at the start, I think this game leads you gently into different tutorials at the appropriate time. While it doesn't hold your hand, it doesn't leave you hanging either. It's no Dark Souls. :)

For instance, the bulletin board in the first area has a number of quests that are essentially mini tutorials. A couple show you how the Witcher Senses (investigation mode) works, one steps you through gathering and alchemy, etc.

I didn't do those missions. I did the witch in the well and the one for the dwarf blacksmith.... Then I killed the griffin
    I'm literally only in the next area so would it benefit me to load an older save and go back... Or can I go back to that area and pick those missions up?

neasyerac wrote: »
    Have you done the Hunting a Witch and Ladies of the Wood quests yet? While doing the Ladies of the Wood quest you will come across a demon tree thing underground, Kill it don't spare it or else anna will die.
    No I haven't done them quests I have the Hunting the witch one not the Ladies of the Wood one do I get that quest through doing the Hunting the witch quest? Thanks.

Savage, you can still go back. Use a sign post, then zoom out. When you get as far as you can, let go of the analogue stick and then try zoom out again. This will show you the region map and you can pass x on White Orchard to go back to the starting area.

Burkie, yupp, go hunting the witch, the rest will follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

quick question on crafting/alchemy.

Is there any way of finding out areas where to collect needed ingredients etc or do you have to buy them from merchants?

Usually if im trying to make anything specific, I just go straight to a herbalist who has always had what i wanted so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

PC or Xbox One version? or makes no diff? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

Inquitus wrote: »

Pc just so you can fix the fov and disable motion blur and dof

Could do with a house of my own to store stuff, constantly been overweight with items but I don't want to chuck stuff away either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,043 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Could do with a house of my own to store stuff, constantly been overweight with items but I don't want to chuck stuff away either.

Haven't come across that problem yet! Sell all the swords and armor, or dismantle the fancy ones.

Also nice to know that they're not keeping the bewbs for the romance scenes! Yay to the witch near Midcopse!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If you drop stuff in the game, it will not disappear, so just find a spot and start dumping and come back to it whenever you want something.

Also buy Saddlebags that allow you to carry more. Different shops sell different sizes but only came across 3 so far so they are rare. Buy one when you get the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Inquitus wrote: »

https://twitter.com/Bacon_is_life/status/582275549114032128

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Also buy Saddlebags that allow you to carry more. Different shops sell different sizes but only came across 3 so far so they are rare. Buy one when you get the chance.

Yeah I won one in a race haven't seen any in shops though. I'll keep an eye out for a large one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Xenji wrote: »
    If you drop stuff in the game, it will not disappear, so just find a spot and start dumping and come back to it whenever you want something.

Are you sure about that? Pretty cool if that's right. I'd imagine that you don't want switch area, eg. the prologue to main. Might lose everything doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Are you sure about that? Pretty cool if that's right. I'd imagine that you don't want switch area, eg. the prologue to main. Might lose everything doing that.

According to Kotaku anyway.

http://kotaku.com/tips-for-playing-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-1705588522
    You Can Leave Gear Lying Around

Weirdly, I haven’t been able to find a storage option in Wild Hunt. I didn’t craft all the different types of Witcher armor, but if I had, I would’ve been walking around with a lot of gear that I didn’t want to get rid of, which would’ve weighed me down. Fortunately, I’ve found a (sorta) solution: You can just drop extra gear somewhere and it won’t go anywhere. Find a corner near a fast-travel spot in one of the towns and drop whatever items you want to save for later. I’ve been doing that for a while now, and have yet to lose anything. An imperfect solution, but a solution.

Yeah I won one in a race haven't seen any in shops though. I'll keep an eye out for a large one.

Ah okay cool, I won a saddle in a race, handy for more stamina for the horse but the saddlebags are definitely worth getting.

Also, I think was already mentioned but the first 2 packs of DLC is out, Beards & Hairstyles and Armour for you and your horse

Links for the PS4 ones, can download them straight from the links below

Beards
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/beard-and-hairstyle-set/cid=EP4497-CUSA01439_00-00000000000DLC02

Armour
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/temerian-armor-set/cid=EP4497-CUSA01439_00-00000000000DLC01
    You can get this DLC armor from the Merchant that you saved from the Griffin at the beginning of the game. He will be selling the following two set of equipment after you download the DLC.

Temerian Horse Blinders (+20 Horse’s Fear Level) – Costs 421 Gold
    Temerian Saddle (+25 Stamina) – Costs 421 Gold

Strange it only mentions horse armour as the PSN store says
    Reserved for the finest of warriors serving the kindgom of Temeria, the Temerian Armor Set includes a jacket, gloves, pants, boots and horse tack.

Vid showing where to get it, the armour for Geralt is actually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

My beard! It's all gone :(

tok9 wrote: »
    My beard! It's all gone :(

It grows back as time passes in game thankfully.

Beard is legendary!

It stops growing after a while, I was hoping for some gandalf style beard after a long time playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

out of curiosity does the first area become locked away once you finish the main quest there?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    out of curiosity does the first area become locked away once you finish the main quest there?

No you can go back whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Just killed the
    Griffin
    there on the first try.

Does anyone know if I up the difficulty now, will I get the trophy for it at the end of the game? I'm on difficulty 2 but I'm thinking of notching it up to 3.

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    Just killed the
    Griffin
    there on the first try.

Does anyone know if I up the difficulty now, will I get the trophy for it at the end of the game? I'm on difficulty 2 but I'm thinking of notching it up to 3.

Pretty sure you have to be on the harder difficulty from the start! If I go to change it down a notch it tells me that I wont get the trophy for completing on the harder mode.

Advertisement