Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

Can people who want to have a PC v Console debate, can you please go somewhere else? It has zero to do with this particular game and it just gets boring as hell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OK, that's enough of the PC / console argument, people have had their say - and above all CD Projekt have had their say. I'd move the posts to another thread but we've seen where those threads end up so there's no point, it's always the same argument. So let's keep this to the game itself from here on out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Really looking forward to getting 3 now, I'm working my way through 2 at the moment, when I paid a prostitute to distract a guard by giving him head, whilst a group of rowdy soldiers sang songs about shagging someones mother, I thought to myself "this is my kinda game"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pro tip: hold down attack when mounted and the you get a slow motion type effect. Makes hitting enemies way easier, and i've take out some much higher level enemies this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

You can also use Axii to soothe your horse so it wont spook as easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Pro Tips

Some types of weapons and armor can be upgraded when you find the next line of diagrams, so hold onto items labeled Witcher gear as these tend to have much better stats.

Remap dodge from Alt to another key or better still mouse button. It makes SUCH a difference.

Use dodge to avoid small attacks and roll avoid heavy attacks.

There are named versions of monsters in the game which are much harder than normal ones.

You can equip torches to help in dark areas. Use the same way as the crossbow. Much better than Cat potions imho.

Check every merchant you come across as some have very nice upgrades.

There is no buy back option when selling stuff and buying back a mistakenly sold item CAN BE EXPENSIVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Am I wasting my time killing mobs? Seem to be getting no exp from the kills?

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Watch out for that fall damage, an 8 foot fall can kill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Watch out for that fall damage, an 8 foot fall can kill :D

Jump just as you land and Geralt does a forward roll and takes little or no damage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

logik wrote: »

You get xp but it's very small and not worth while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Venom wrote: »
    Jump just as you land and Geralt does a forward roll and takes little or no damage :)

Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I'm playing this on a projector. The small text is killing me. Other than that it's great. It's very rare when i stay interested in cut scenes and the like.

Is there going to be anything done about the text?

So seems mask's are a thing! Was aware you could wear them until I had to do a quest where one was needed

or3tJyJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well the devs submitted a patch yesterday with apparently 600 changes. Hoping the text size is one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

logik wrote: »
    I think it's only really worth it for the first time, so that they're added to your bestiary. Not sure if killing more gives you more info on them.

Man, the devs are busy out answering questions on twitter, looks like the text size is being worked on.
    We are looking into this issue right now. Hoping to find a solution soon.

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/with_replies

Venom wrote: »
    Remap dodge from Alt to another key or better still mouse button. It makes SUCH a difference.

Double tap the direction to do the same thing. That's how i've been using it, and it's much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Kiith wrote: »
    I cleared the first area last night. Did absolutely everything i could find, and found some good gear. Currently in Valen now, searching for an emerald to make a kick ass silver sword. Really loving the game. The combat is excellent, and it's definitely the best of the series. Not quite dark souls good, but a big step up from most games. Also love how even random ?'s on the map can have really interesting events. Not finding a lot of sidequests so far, but i only just started exploring Valen.

Inventory is a pain at times, and i've accidentally sold some stuff i shouldn't have when trying to clear out junk, which is really annoying.

Also, the card game is bloody tough.

Did ya find the emerald? Doing a quest where I need to kill a werewolf and my silver sword is doing pitiful damage. Found a blacksmith who sells emerald but for 571 gold. Feck that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I had to glasses recently for work. Sitting at a PC all day.

Fecking had to bring them home so I could see my Witcher 3 inventory descriptions, the text size is crazy. I was straining my eyes to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Just encountered a very strange/amusing glitch on PC. Geralt keeps jumping at each key press unless in Witcher sense mode or on horseback. Tried two keyboards so no stuck space bar. 8 hours in before it occured.

Fixed itself on game restart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Kirby wrote: »
    No, it wouldnt mean that. They "lost" zero revenue. You cant lose something you never had.

If I offered you a free Lion to run around in your back garden, you would take it. Because it's cool and its free. That doesnt mean had I not offerred, you would have gone out and bought one.

Pirated software != sales and it never has. There is no correlation there. It's the internet equivalent to walking into an office and seeing the "Free pens here! take one!" People like free stuff.

potential revenue then . I'm sure some of the people who pirated the game , would have bought it if they they were unable to pirate it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

Just encountered a very strange/amusing glitch on PC. Geralt keeps jumping at each key press unless in Witcher sense mode or on horseback. Tried two keyboards so no stuck space bar. 8 hours in before it occured.

I had that at the start too, needed to close and reopen the game

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

On ps4 and had that. I pressed the jump button while on a ladder to see if I could jump off. He didn't but as soon as I got off the ladder instead of walking around geralt jumped everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Speaking of jumping, what's with the weird jump the character often does just as you die?

Did ya find the emerald? Doing a quest where I need to kill a werewolf and my silver sword is doing pitiful damage. Found a blacksmith who sells emerald but for 571 gold. Feck that!

No, didn't find it yet. You can get it from killing wraiths i think, but i've not found many since the witch at the well. I plan on scouring Valen for some tonight.

No, didn't find it yet. You can get it from killing wraiths i think, but i've not found many since the witch at the well. I plan on scouring Valen for some tonight.

I think I saw a merchant selling some but can't remember who or where. Also, check with an armourer about dismantling and checking items like rings. I found some nice items by dismantling junk.

Anyone recommend a buyer for the Griffins Head? I see it's worth 250 but I only get offers of about 30 quid from different merchants. I wonder if there's a certain merchant who pays more for trophies?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is this the silver sword that you have to be level 9 or something to use it? (not at home so cant check) cause I'm pretty sure I picked up the emerald for it back in the starting area cause I made a really powerful silver sword but I cant use it yet.

The griffins head looks best on the side of the horse I think, well so far anyway. I've done about 10 contracts and it's still the one I use. Some of them Specter wraiths for the contracts can be an absolute pain to kill, out of all the enemies I hate getting a contract on em.

The sword i was trying to make is only level 4 or something like that, but it's a massive increase on starter sword. And i know some people got an emerald from the witch at the well, but it's only a chance to drop, so i didn't get it. I may have some loot that i can break down, but it costs a fair chuck to dismantle a lot of items. Need to start getting myself some money.

That 200 orens i took of the dead priest should help :P

• Advertisement

Patch 1.03 now live for PC

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1038
    Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
    Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
    Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
    Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
    Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
    Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
    Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
    Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
    Improves menu handling
    Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
    Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
    Generally improves world map focus
    Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
    Corrects some missing translations in the UI
    Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
    Rostan Muggs is back
    Minor SFX improvements

The console version of the patch is coming and will be available very soon.

Advertisement