Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Ninja'd before me!

The patch 1.03 has just been released and is now available for all PC version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. The update introduces a range of stability and performances ehancements as well as allows users to take advantage of some additional graphics settings. Please find the detailed list of fixes below:

Improves stability in gameplay and the UI
    Improves performance especially in cutscenes and gameplay
    Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
    Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance
    Boosted texture anisotropy sampling to 16x on Ultra preset
    Sharpen Post-process settings extended from Off/On to Off/Low/High
    Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
    Corrects a bug where player was able to shoot bolts at friendly NPCs
    Improves menu handling
    Corrects an issue with Stamina regeneration while sprinting
    Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcured when scrolling the map
    Generally improves world map focus
    Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
    Corrects some missing translations in the UI
    Corrects an issue in dialogue selections
    Rostan Muggs is back
    Minor SFX improvements

The console version of the patch is coming and will be available very soon.

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1038

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Kiith wrote: »
    The sword i was trying to make is only level 4 or something like that, but it's a massive increase on starter sword. And i know some people got an emerald from the witch at the well, but it's only a chance to drop, so i didn't get it. I may have some loot that i can break down, but it costs a fair chuck to dismantle a lot of items. Need to start getting myself some money.

That 200 orens i took of the dead priest should help :P

At two of the places of power in white orchard wraiths spawn, I think one of them dropped emerald dust for me. Worth doing for the ability points in any case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i did all 6 places of power in White Orchard (along with every single ?...this games gonna take a loooong time to finish), but no emerald unfortunately. It shouldn't be too hard to find one on Valen, considering how insanely big the area is.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

DLing patch now. 241MB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

DLing patch now. 241MB

PC or?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Yeah, i did all 6 places of power in White Orchard (along with every single ?...this games gonna take a loooong time to finish), but no emerald unfortunately. It shouldn't be too hard to find one on Valen, considering how insanely big the area is.

Yeah wasn't expecting that map to be so massive, so many high level quests too and even just random encounters, trying to get some hidden treasure but its guarded by a level 15 bog hag, after about 10 attempts I think i'll leave it for later!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

The sword i was trying to make is only level 4 or something like that, but it's a massive increase on starter sword. And i know some people got an emerald from the witch at the well, but it's only a chance to drop, so i didn't get it. I may have some loot that i can break down, but it costs a fair chuck to dismantle a lot of items. Need to start getting myself some money.

That 200 orens i took of the dead priest should help :P

Hah!

you seem to be doing the same process as me.

when I first met that priest I knew I was going to kill him

Took his head clean off with a single swing at the start of the fight.

felt satisfying.

Only thing missing is the ability to piss on corpses...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

logik wrote: »
    PC or?

Yup, Steam

Burgo wrote: »
    Yeah wasn't expecting that map to be so massive, so many high level quests too and even just random encounters, trying to get some hidden treasure but its guarded by a level 15 bog hag, after about 10 attempts I think i'll leave it for later!

I plan on abusing the mounted combat when possible for higher level enemies. Took out a bear about 6 levels higher than me last night.
    BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Took his head clean off with a single swing at the start of the fight.
    felt satisfying.
    Only thing missing is the ability to piss on corpses...
    It really was. The other two lads just backed off while i sliced him up (i got to them eventually) and it was really quite satisfying.

I worry about us sometimes :P

I plan on abusing the mounted combat when possible for higher level enemies. Took out a bear about 6 levels higher than me last night.

It really was. The other two lads just backed off while i sliced him up (i got to them eventually) and it was really quite satisfying.

I worry about us sometimes :P

ahh it's there own bloody fault for being priests and all.

• Advertisement

It's going be awkward when my missus walks in on me playing the game and I'm giving it welly to some chick on the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I have all the pieces for a decent sword but who do I go to to make it?

I have all the pieces for a decent sword but who do I go to to make it?

Weaponsmith is in the Nilfgaard camp and armour guy is the Dwarf in main town in the starting area.

Ah right, I see. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

I installed the Hair DLC on PS4 but the same list came up when I went the barbers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Weaponsmith is in the Nilfgaard camp and armour guy is the Dwarf in main town in the starting area.

They need a good skill level to make some stuff, don't they? Is there any way to level them up, or do you have to find more skilled blacksmiths i wonder?

You need to find new ones if they can't make certain gear, at least as far as i know.

Burkie7 wrote: »
    I installed the Hair DLC on PS4 but the same list came up when I went the barbers?

If you were in game when you installed them you have to head out to the menu and load back in again!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I did a cool side mission yesterday and it gave me two sword diagrams; one silver and one steel. The stats on them are class but you need emerald dust to craft them, which costs over 1000 gold for the two.

Wraiths drop it but it's random and they don't respawn. Frustrating.

Keno wrote: »
    I did a cool side mission yesterday and it gave me two sword diagrams; one silver and one steel. The stats on them are class but you need emerald dust to craft them, which costs over 1000 gold for the two.

Wraiths drop it but it's random and they don't respawn. Frustrating.

see kiliths dilemma from previous page :D

and me rubbing it in cause I got emerald as a drop from the first wraith I encountered...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

No, didn't find it yet. You can get it from killing wraiths i think, but i've not found many since the witch at the well. I plan on scouring Valen for some tonight.

Yeah I ended up buying off the blacksmith. Still though got that serpentine silver sword with that poison chance

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    see kiliths dilemma from previous page :D

and me rubbing it in cause I got emerald as a drop from the first wraith I encountered...

Myself and Kiith are currently tracking you using our Witcher senses. Enjoy the time you have left with your precious emerald.

And your head.

I'm an Igni man myself, so i like them nice and crispy :cool:

Speaking of signs, what builds has everyone gone with so far? I've taken two utility skills so far (+500 health and the 1st one which i can't remember), with a few points in fast attack and 4 so far in Igni. Will max out Igni first i'd say, and then might branch into Alchemy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have played an hour with the patch, and surprise surprise I have noticed no discernible difference other than the bloodier water ;)

Just played the
    'burn the bodies for the priest'
    quest, and thoroughly enjoyed the catharsis of getting to fight him once his motivations were revealed. It can be tempting to take the 'evil' route in this game, since you genuinely have to turn down worthwhile rewards when on the path of righteousness.

Also appreciated the sidequest of the weird lad on the side of the road who challenged me to a duel, and his subsequent sniveling surrender. I look forward to encountering him later on and schooling him again :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

I have played an hour with the patch, and surprise surprise I have noticed no discernible difference other than the bloodier water ;)

Just played the
    'burn the bodies for the priest'
    quest, and thoroughly enjoyed the catharsis of getting to fight him once his motivations were revealed. It can be tempting to take the 'evil' route in this game, since you genuinely have to turn down worthwhile rewards when on the path of righteousness.

Also appreciated the sidequest of the weird lad on the side of the road who challenged me to a duel, and his subsequent sniveling surrender. I look forward to encountering him later on and schooling him again :pac:

I expect him to cpme back at some point and be a really hard sidequest boss

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read somewhere that Smiths actually level up with you but I've yet to witness it myself. I got a random quest from the smith in Crow's Perch about looking for a Master Armourer. Needs a high enough level though so didn't start it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Do enemies respawn in this game? I also am on the lookout for an emerald or some powder.
    I'm in no rush, but am I right that the coins you find can only be changed into spendable currency once you get to Novograd?

Eeeek...had to pay a captain of a ship 1000 coin to take me to skellige! :(

Spoiler to cheap and unfair battle
    Warewolf under the abandond shack. Took me ages to beat him, then to finish him off he comes back to life and kills me. Rage quit. Any advice on killing Warewolves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Keno wrote: »
    Myself and Kiith are currently tracking you using our Witcher senses. Enjoy the time you have left with your precious emerald.

And your head.

Count me in on that assassination

Advertisement