Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Spoiler to cheap and unfair battle
    Warewolf under the abandond shack. Took me ages to beat him, then to finish him off he comes back to life and kills me. Rage quit. Any advice on killing Warewolves?

I used the protective shield sign when fighting them, Cast it and then run in for some heavy swings, fall back cast again and repeat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

Spoiler to cheap and unfair battle
    Warewolf under the abandond shack. Took me ages to beat him, then to finish him off he comes back to life and kills me. Rage quit. Any advice on killing Warewolves?

Buff sword and shield at the fort, use oils on sword and shield sign, potions I used where swallow and thunderbolt. Once he starts to regenerate you have to lay into him.

Any according to the bestiary, Moon Dust, Devils Puffball, cursed oil and igni sign are it's weakness

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Novigrad is giant. Spent ages going around on my horse trying to find a blacksmith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

neasyerac wrote: »
    It's going be awkward when my missus walks in on me playing the game and I'm giving it welly to some chick on the screen.

I just look her in the eye and say; "It's a grown up game, for grown ups. I'm a grown up and I'm playing it."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

neasyerac wrote: »
    Any according to the bestiary, Moon Dust, Devils Puffball, cursed oil and igni sign are it's weakness

He didn't show up on the Beastiary for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 adamshare01

World 20% bigger than Skyrim's!!! awesome

He didn't show up on the Beastiary for me.
    When I killed him, this woman came along and admitted to sending his wife down so he would kill her so she could be with him. So he ended up killing her and then asking me to finish him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Currently doing the Red Baron quest. Was asked to meet him and went off the beaten track down stairs. Came across two guys, one asking the other to
    get the gimp out. But the gimp was sleeping.
    Clearly a Pulp Fiction fan on the dev team.

Constant crashes for me. At least once an hour sometimes more than that. Frustrating but the loading isn't too bad. Just cant pin down what's causing it though. Can happen in a cutscene, menus or just wandering about. Patch doesn't seem to have changed anything about that aspect of my playthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

So ended up in Vellen but wanted to clear out White Orchard first.

There is one abandoned village that I think is bugged on my game, when I go to the point there is a Shrine and that's it. No enemies, no nothing.

A little further in there was a bear and a place of power but thats it. Can anyone help or is the quest bugged? I've tried different times of the day too....

Secondly, do enemies respawn in this game? I've killed a few bears and wraiths and then they disappear.

Im currently playing on Blood and bones (second hardest difficulty). I would fully recommend anyone playing on easier difficulty to at least try it on this. The fights are so satisfying and you need to be far more strategic with them. Kind of regret dropping the difficulty down from Death March now but that Griffin was so damn tough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

tuxy wrote: »
    I'm stuck on the wandering in the dark quest.
    I killed the golem and am now trying to kill the gargoyle.
    It kills me in 2 hits and I do almost no damage to it. I'd like to abandon this quest and level up but I can't as I'm stuck in this cave. Any tips on what it's weakness is?
    The encounter with the gargoyle means you went slightly the wrong way. I saved just before it but you can avoid that encounter by going back the other way. That's what I did. A later encounter with one of the
    Wild Hunt guys
    is a lot harder and caused me to drop the difficulty right down and then back up once thay was over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

The encounter with the gargoyle means you went slightly the wrong way. I saved just before it but you can avoid that encounter by going back the other way. That's what I did. A later encounter with one of the
    Wild Hunt guys
    is a lot harder and caused me to drop the difficulty right down and then back up once thay was over.

I actually best him just after I posted that. I'm only level 4 but there is one of your magic signs that makes it easy.

I'm now in the middle of a main quest and my sword is damaged. I feel like I should know how to repair it but I guess I missed some part of the tutorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm now in the middle of a main quest and my sword is damaged. I feel like I should know how to repair it but I guess I missed some part of the tutorial.

You might have a Repair Toolkit in you equipment inventory? If not, you will have to change sword if you can as only an armourer can repair your weapon if you don't have a repair kit.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    You might have a Repair Toolkit in you equipment inventory? If not, you will have to change sword if you can as only an armourer can repair your weapon if you don't have a repair kit.

I only have one silver sword and no repair kit and I'm stuck down a cave right before a boss fight. My only other save is hours back. Am I stuck?

I only have one silver sword and no repair kit and I'm stuck down a cave right before a boss fight. My only other save is hours back. Am I stuck?

I'd say crack on, some of my swords turned red at 50% so there would still be some use to it. Not sure if it breaks completely at any point? Other than that, load a checkpoint usually created at the start of a cave/quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Never had my gear go below 90% yet. Where are you stuck; werewolf fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

joe123 wrote: »
    So ended up in Vellen but wanted to clear out White Orchard first.

There is one abandoned village that I think is bugged on my game, when I go to the point there is a Shrine and that's it. No enemies, no nothing.

A little further in there was a bear and a place of power but thats it. Can anyone help or is the quest bugged? I've tried different times of the day too....

Secondly, do enemies respawn in this game? I've killed a few bears and wraiths and then they disappear.

Im currently playing on Blood and bones (second hardest difficulty). I would fully recommend anyone playing on easier difficulty to at least try it on this. The fights are so satisfying and you need to be far more strategic with them. Kind of regret dropping the difficulty down from Death March now but that Griffin was so damn tough.

It is not bugged, you just have to be there the right time of day, once you have killed the enemies a very well stocked herbalist will appear just to the right of the shrine.

Anyone else find the 2 boys arguing in a ruin about giving gifts to their new God? Short one but one of my favourite side quests yet.

Broke as a joke so have to do some of the Witcher contracts. Next stop is Novigrad but I want to do as much of Velen as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭boardbro

wheres cheapest for this on x1 or ps4?

• Advertisement

boardbro wrote: »
    wheres cheapest for this on x1 or ps4?

Argos are doing it for €62.99, cheaper digitally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Broke as a joke so have to do some of the Witcher contracts. Next stop is Novigrad but I want to do as much of Velen as I can.

So you'll reach novigrad in about a week then :pac:

Interesting random encounter
    Four peasants trying to lynch a nilfgaardian deserter, what to do what to do!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

People saying in the comments it's not working anymore.

Don't know if it's something I would want to do I don't really buy anything everything I craft.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Burkie7 wrote: »
    People saying in the comments it's not working anymore.

Don't know if it's something I would want to do I don't really buy anything everything I craft.

Aw crap I didn't bother too read the comment.

:edit: its been patched for pc in 1.03 but thats not out for consoles yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

How do I parry?

Playing on PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Aw crap I didn't bother too read the comment.

:edit: its been patched for pc in 1.03 but thats not out for consoles yet?

Yes that must be it think that patch comes out very soon for consoles so get it done as quick as you can :)

How do I parry?

Playing on PS4

Hold L2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wow Wandering in the Dark is such a spike up in difficultly for me
    Golem, Gargoyle and then a Wild Hunt member boss fight I get absolutely killed in as i'm so low on vitality....thanks

• Advertisement

Wandering in the Dark has definintely been the hardest part of the game for me, specially since you can't go back when health is low and no food in sight to heal

Advertisement