Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

ERG89 wrote: »
    Wow Wandering in the Dark is such a spike up in difficultly for me
    Golem, Gargoyle and then a Wild Hunt member boss fight I get absolutely killed in as i'm so low on vitality....thanks
    Wait for Ciara to start attacking - they all turn their attention to her and make it easy for you. Quen, roll behind them, two heavy hits and then roll away. Rinse and repeat. Takes patience, but tactic works on all three. Make sure you're hitting from behind for critical damage, and dont get greedy - two hits only and then roll away. Otherwise you're likely to get stomped. Toughest of the three is the gargoyle due to the tight space and his foot stomp area of effect attack.

i'm finding the alchemy ingredient collecting confusing. Since you now only ever need to craft each bomb, potion and oil once, and then just replenish with alcohol, is there any point in continuing to collect most of the common ingredients? They dont seem to take up inventory space, so its not a major issue, but i must have stockpiles of close to 50 or 60 different types of monster parts or plants. Am I likely to need them much again or can I just sell them and stop my compulsive looting?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Burkie7 wrote: »
    People saying in the comments it's not working anymore.

Don't know if it's something I would want to do I don't really buy anything everything I craft.

It's not allowing me to sell the vendor the pearls But it does allow you to sell to the loan shark. 72 per pearl and around 90 for a black Pearl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just went through the tutorial for Gwent and found it really terrible. I was following it to a point but they don't explain how to actually win a round. You just keep putting cards on the table until you run out. I lost the first round even though we both had a score of 28. And I lost the second round and we both had a score of 0.

I don't get it at all.

I just went through the tutorial for Gwent and found it really terrible. I was following it to a point but they don't explain how to actually win a round. You just keep putting cards on the table until you run out. I lost the first round even though we both had a score of 28. And I lost the second round and we both had a score of 0.

I don't get it at all.

There are different "faction" decks and each has a special power. The Nilfgaardian deck means that the player of that deck will win draws - looks like you were up against a Nilfgaard deck.

I've only played it about 3 times and won each time, but I'm not arsed with it. Same with the dice games in the previous Witchers, couldn't be bothered.

I wish there was a way of removing quests from your journal, i don't want the Gwent quests there. If I wanted to play a fantasy themed collectable card game, I'd play Heartstone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

The load times on ps4 are fair annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Xenji wrote: »
    It is not bugged, you just have to be there the right time of day, once you have killed the enemies a very well stocked herbalist will appear just to the right of the shrine.

Meditated right round the clock and still no sign!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

What level were those of you who have done the quest 'Wandering in the Dark' on?

On level 5 and feel I've gotten way too far ahead of myself. Just about scraped past the
    Golem
    and the
    gargoyle
    put up a good fight too. About the move onto the last boss of the quest but I'm not feeling too confident at all. On difficulty 2/4 atm

What level were those of you who have done the quest 'Wandering in the Dark' on?

On level 5 and feel I've gotten way too far ahead of myself. Just about scraped past the
    Golem
    and the
    gargoyle
    put up a good fight too. About the move onto the last boss of the quest but I'm not feeling too confident at all. On difficulty 2/4 atm

I was level 6. It was a struggle getting to him but found the last boss easier than the others tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

joe123 wrote: »
    Meditated right round the clock and still no sign!

Not sure then, went to it at night and nothing was there, then came back during the day and a bunch of wolves were around it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Branoic wrote: »
    I was level 6. It was a struggle getting to him but found the last boss easier than the others tbh.
    I am on level 4....got the
    Gargoyle
    first time barely but died 3/4 times vs the
    Golem
    . I genuinely am struggling with the last boss as I've a third health & feck all to replenish.
    I did most of the side missions in the first area but I remember stopping at two message boards afterwards but there wasn't much on either of them as I had nothing to do besides this quests & 1 or 2 contracts waaay above my level

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I found that quen, 2 strikes, then roll away over and over will beat most things. It takes ages but that's how I got past that part of the game with a damaged sword.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive only played 2-3 hours so far so i cant really comment but is this review accurate to those who have sunk many hours into it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Controls and camera are garbage, menu systems are really clunky and awkward to navigate. Gamespot's 10 was generous, if he couldn't find any fault whatsoever then he's insane.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Another small tip. Burn beehives for some honeycomb. Handy way to get some food.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Controls and camera are garbage, menu systems are really clunky and awkward to navigate. Gamespot's 10 was generous, if he couldn't find any fault whatsoever then he's insane.

It's an excellent game but you are right, there are plenty of flaws.....some of them serious. But dont let a high or low score dictate an opinion on the game. They are arbitrary and Gamespot recieved a massive amount of money to highlight the witcher 3. It's everywhere on their site. I dont put much stock in reviews but you certainly cant trust a reviewer thats just gotten paid by the publisher who made the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Dcully wrote: »
    Ive only played 2-3 hours so far so i cant really comment but is this review accurate to those who have sunk many hours into it?

Haven't watched that review but in my opinion this is one of the best games I've played in a long long long time. I've become so disillusioned with games the last couple of years where even the ones people seemed to love, I found very meh.

Again only my opinion but it's bloody fantastic.

I agree the menu / inventory system is awkward, but i cant say ive had any problems at all with the camera, and i actually find the controls very tight and satisfying. Combat is utterly fantastic when you get a good rhythm going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Kirby wrote: »
    It's an excellent game but you are right, there are plenty of flaws.....some of them serious. But dont let a high or low score dictate an opinion on the game. They are arbitrary and Gamespot recieved a massive amount of money to highlight the witcher 3. It's everywhere on their site. I dont put much stock in reviews but you certainly cant trust a reviewer thats just gotten paid by the publisher who made the game.

It's just those things, which are important in a game that's holding me back from really getting into it. I was much more enamored with Inquisition after the same amount of playtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

This is brilliant its like 1 and 2 were 8 out of 10 and 9 out of 10 building towards a genuine 10 out of 10

No issues with 290, the jagged edges could do with some smoothing.

11334081_894515720587882_2109165810982627406_o.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

It's just those things, which are important in a game that's holding me back from really getting into it. I was much more enamored with Inquisition after the same amount of playtime.

I'm the opposite. DA:I i didn't finish as i got bored, but this seems to be holding me longer, minor gripes aside!

Also, the quest for Ekira on that Island. Thoroughly enjoyed that, as i did with the Barron quest (so far, after
    Dea being a botchling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I played my first hour of this last night. The text size is ridiculously small. They either didn't test for couch gamers, or they didn't care. It's quite a major oversight if you ask me. Quick question. When you walk out of that first inn and are greeted by those three guys, why couldn't I draw my sword? I had to punch it out with them. When I ran away a few paces I could draw my sword again, but when I ran back toward them sheathed it. I assume that's not a glitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

why would you want to slaughter unarmed men?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Why slaughter any other kind? Unarmed men are the best kind. They cant fight back! :D

Did some crafting. Crafted new armor and a new steel and silver sword. Also, Alchemy makes a lot more sense when you realise that you only need to craft a potion once. You can replenish it with alcohol every time you meditate. So use em. No need to hoard them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Skerries wrote: »
    why would you want to slaughter unarmed men?

They were punching the head off me and I wanted to end it rather quickly. It is a videogame after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Can quests be still completed after you finish the main storyline? I got to a point last night where it said I should manual save and that some secondary quests might not be available after this point. I just turned around in case!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Kirby wrote: »
    Why slaughter any other kind? Unarmed men are the best kind. They cant fight back! :D

Did some crafting. Crafted new armor and a new steel and silver sword. Also, Alchemy makes a lot more sense when you realise that you only need to craft a potion once. You can replenish it with alcohol every time you meditate. So use em. No need to hoard them.

Can you explain the potion and alcohol thing? You purchase alcohol and as long as it is in your inventory your potion will refill?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

logik wrote: »
    Can you explain the potion and alcohol thing? You purchase alcohol and as long as it is in your inventory your potion will refill?

If you make a potion you only need Alcohest to regen it after meditating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Started it last night , playing on normal,enjoying it so far anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

I played my first hour of this last night. The text size is ridiculously small. They either didn't test for couch gamers, or they didn't care. It's quite a major oversight if you ask me. Quick question. When you walk out of that first inn and are greeted by those three guys, why couldn't I draw my sword? I had to punch it out with them. When I ran away a few paces I could draw my sword again, but when I ran back toward them sheathed it. I assume that's not a glitch?

It's a fight designed to teach you the fist fighting mechanics

Advertisement