Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

So was reading through the Witcher forums and seems two of the early quests are bugged.

One is the "Dirty Funds" sidequest - if you loot the camp before reading the letter, it won't activate.

The second is regarding the one I mentioned earlier where the monsters won't spawn at the abandoned camp near the shrine.

They say both are being looked into so hopefully they will be fixed soon!

Has anyone tested out the drop loot anywhere thing, I have tons of letters and books that I don't want to just throw away but at the same time I want to clean up my inventory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

joe123 wrote: »
    So was reading through the Witcher forums and seems two of the early quests are bugged.

One is the "Dirty Funds" sidequest - if you loot the camp before reading the letter, it won't activate.

The second is regarding the one I mentioned earlier where the monsters won't spawn at the abandoned camp near the shrine.

Has anyone tested out the drop loot anywhere thing, I have tons of letters and books that I don't want to just throw away but at the same time I want to clean up my inventory.

Haha Joe surely you have a dirty cup you could have dropped and tested? You filthy whoredor.

Does work;) obviously do it at house near a fast travel if that is your thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Also Viper School Gear is bugged. If you had visited the cemetery previous to getting the quest the gate to the crypt won't open any Kore as the prompt never shows. Still turns orange with senses so you know it is still meant to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Doesn't work for me (I'm on PC). Dropped gear disappears for me as soon as I leave the area.

Also, I've noticed sometimes cows fold their legs into their bodies and just float around:

b7Mx5Ua.png

Still one of the greatest games I've ever played though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'm the opposite. DA:I i didn't finish as i got bored, but this seems to be holding me longer, minor gripes aside!

Also, the quest for Ekira on that Island. Thoroughly enjoyed that, as i did with the Barron quest (so far, after
    Dea being a botchling!

I found DA:I a major slog to get through as well. The side quests were generic and boring as hell. Not a bad game but no where near worthy of the level of praise it got.

Witcher 3's side quests have left me amazed at how good they are. Hell, this game has pulled me away from the main questlines so many times and so easily. Deffo the benchmark for all other RPG's.

My only issues with the game are very minor. Inventory sucks with how items move around on there own and the use/loot distance should be doubled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

The Dirty Funds quest is glitched for me I have the letter but it wont recognise it when i read it.

The controls are terrible imo. Just walking around trying to pick up things can be incredibly frustrating. If you walk just a millimeter too far you lose the prompt even if you cycle the camera around. Dont get me started on the horses... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭gravehold

macpac26 wrote: »
    The Dirty Funds quest is glitched for me I have the letter but it wont recognise it when i read it.

The controls are terrible imo. Just walking around trying to pick up things can be incredibly frustrating. If you walk just a millimeter too far you lose the prompt even if you cycle the camera around. Dont get me started on the horses... :mad:

Increase the fov to 75 and lower the sensitivity

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

The loot dropping is working for me? Have it at an abandoned house near a fast travel. I say abandoned there is a guy hanging from tree outside and what I can only assume is his dead wife and child on bed inside the cottage, best house mates ever. So quiet.

Note pheasant ps4 version

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The loot dropping is working for me? Have it at an abandoned house near a fast travel. I say abandoned there is a guy hanging from tree outside and what I can only assume is his dead wife and child on bed inside the cottage, best house mates ever. So quiet.

Note pheasant ps4 version

how are you finding it? bit gamey i'd say? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

It's a fight designed to teach you the fist fighting mechanics

Ah, I see. Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The loot dropping is working for me also, have my own library in an abandoned house at the moment, I have also came back to areas to find limbs I had dismembered still on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Bit the bullet and bought this last night for €29.34 at 4AM Stu Pickles style. It's downloading now but probably won't play it for a while because there's double resources and affinity on Warframe and I got some boosters to go with it so I'll be playing that for the next 2 nights I think.

Been reading about the performance issues on kepler GPUs and I have one of those. Apparently it's a bit of a conspiracy of nvidia trying to make irrelevant their older cards so people upgrade even though they're perfectly viable for today's console-parity graphic intensity. I can kind of understand that since apart from open-wolrd and hairworks TW3 looks fairly the same as TW2 (even getting beaten in some scenes and areas). Download's 20% done and I just started it 10 mins ago via the GOG client.

Please lord let there be performance updates and mods in the near future.

Started this on Death March :(

It's going ok , slowly but ok. One thing that is really bugging me is fall damage. I can understand it but the amount you take is what I find excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

3wayswitch wrote: »

b7Mx5Ua.png

Still one of the greatest games I've ever played though :)

Thats a hover cow. Working as intended. Farmers ride them. :D

I had the Dirty funds bug also but I kept spamming the letter over and over and eventually it actually triggered and the quest was completed. :) The abandoned site though.....that one is still bugged for me. Hope they fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Getting absolutely engrossed in this game. I've just travelling around Velen doing random things. Loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Is there a way to get all the quest marks on the map at once?
    Would love to see if I'm near a completeable quest even if the quest isn't active.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Would love to see if I'm near a completeable quest even if the quest isn't active.

That would be a great feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Don't think so. Would be a cool feature.

Was finishing off a few quests, and i ran into a random Level 79 Griffen! Well, i think it was 79, couldn't get it to stand still long enough to see if it was a 7 or a 2. Either way, i had full health, blocked it's first swing, and died.

Also, for anyone that has done the Family Ties quests, a question:
    The end of it, when you've to either kill a spirit in the tree, or help it excape. What did ye do? I freed the spirit, because those hags were definitely up to no good, and especially seeing as they tried to eat Ciri. The orphans were freed, but according to the witches a great evil spirit was the one to do it. I'm wondering did anyone side with the witches and kill the spirit. What happened? I know Anna is now dead because of my choice.
    I had saved right before meeting the
    spirit in the tree
    , so I can always go back. I can't see if i made the right choice or not!

26/200 hours done!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Was in the middle of a side quest in velen when I ran into
    Letho
    what a game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

That bugged me about Witcher 1 and 2. Only able to single quests on the map. Just finished Witcher 2 but think I give it a rest before Witcher 3. Is it totally open world????

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Also, for anyone that has done the Family Ties quests, a question:
    I initially did it the same way as you but out of curiosity I went back and tried it the other way which I ended up preferring. The Crones eat the kids but you will be able to rescue Anna, plus the nearby village doesn't get massacred by the spirit of the forest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyway of checking how many hours you have clocked up? I found Oxenfurt, Nice to be in a town that's not a shytehole. Couple of Contracts as well. Crossed in to Novigrad (over that bridge you need a pass for) and got attacked by a load of creatures with red skulls....retreat! Gonna stay in Velen a bit longer.

Went back to White Orchard and finished everything, the Viper school gear quest got bugged for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyway of checking how many hours you have clocked up? I found Oxenfurt, Nice to be in a town that's not a shytehole. Couple of Contracts as well. Crossed in to Novigrad (over that bridge you need a pass for) and got attacked by a load of creatures with red skulls....retreat! Gonna stay in Velen a bit longer.

Went back to White Orchard and finished everything, the Viper school gear quest got bugged for me though.

Yeah Viper Gear in the cemetery is bugged if you have been there before getting the quest. Annoying because by the time they patch it the gear will be ****e for my character.

I'm finding plenty of red skull mobs in Velen even. Ran into a group of 8 level 20 Drowners protecting a chest earlier, and was chased half way across the map by a level 22 fat red dragon yolk.

Found quite a few Epic swords though. My silver is currenly at 424 DPS for a Level 7 character.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Where or how do u get the dlc armour and beard. I downloaded went back to main menu and backnin again... Its not showing in my inven
    tory?

Where or how do u get the dlc armour and beard. I downloaded went back to main menu and backnin again... Its not showing in my inven
    tory?

Wondering the same also how do I get the honey from the bees nest on the trees ????

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Burn em.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tory?

You have to go to a barber for the different beards and hairstyles (haven't seen one since the palace near the start of the game though) and the armour you can buy from a merchant in white orchard. There is a vid on youtube showing where to find him.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Burn em.

Ah fire, is there anything it can't do? :D

Advertisement