Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

GodlessM wrote: »
    My silver is currenly at 424 DPS for a Level 7 character.

Where'd ya get that?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where can I buy the crossbow to help take down this griffin?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I beat
    Nithral tonight. Another luck filled boss fight. Keira god bless her cornered him for ages & I used igni and my crossbow....it sounds as drawn out as you imagine. I started that quest on Level 3 & finished it on Level 5. I have now headed to the Blood Barron. Just moved on to playing as Ciri.
    Not feeling this game yet honestly. Finding that I'm barely using potions or crafting items & always feel I'm a level or two behind where I'm supposed to be :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Where can I buy the crossbow to help take down this griffin?

Old Ves gives it to you before the griffin fight. Press L1 and equip it from there. Hold r1 for slo mo precision aim

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Finally got my emerald dust off of Wraiths. My new Viper swords are class. Reppin' Slytherin up in this bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Damn bugs in this game. Got a quest that I need to complete, and you get stuck on an infinite loading screen. Between that and the CTDs (which thankfully aren't as numerous as day 1 anymore), this game is trying my patience

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Was trying to play Crash to Desktop 3 : Wild hunt today and a game of witcher broke out suddenly. Managed to get in over an hour without a crash. Then it happened. Just luck obviously. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

So happy I don't have a pc that could run this. All the crashes would piss me right off!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

So happy I don't have a pc that could run this. All the crashes would piss me right off!

It seems to be a small minority getting CTD issues to be fair!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I ran into a graphical bug last where I was by the water and the water looked weird so i restarted the game and it was back to normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

14 hours and no CTD for me. Only bug I've encountered was 'every key = jump' once.

Vast majority are running it fine

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Big Knox wrote: »

It's not a small minority. CDPR posted on GOG that they are working on the issue but they dont know whats causing it.
    Here are possible fixes and workarounds that might help. We are still investigating these, so check back after a while if your issue isn't resolved.

CHANGE DISPLAY MODE (FULLSCREEN vs BORDERLESS WINDOW vs WINDOWED)Please try the different modes to see which works for you. Borderless window is the default option, and is the most compatible one
    While it's a natural instinct for PC gamers to switch to fullscreen, please resist this temptation if you see the game crashing on you, after setting this option. ;)

UNPLUG SECONDARY MONITOR (IF USING MULTIPLE DIFFERENT MONITORS)We suspect that The Witcher 3 cannot handle a situation where you have two monitors, and they have very different refresh rates. Even if this isn't the case for you, try physically unplugging your secondary monitor, and launch the game.

CHECK FOR INTERFERENCE FROM GOG GALAXY (NOT CONFIRMED)It's possible that this happens due to anti-virus/firewall software blocking Galaxy. Make sure to add Galaxy to your security software's trusted applications list.
    If it doesn't help, please try the following:1) Shut down GOG Galaxy,
    2) Go to the game's bin\x64\ subfolder (by default: C:\GOG Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64),
    3) Rename the galaxy.dll file, or move it to a different location.
    If this helps, contact us immediately to confirm this.

UPDATE YOUR DRIVERSAlways make sure to have the most recent WHQL-certified (and non-beta) drivers for your card. You can find them here, depending on your card manufactuter:
    NVIDIA (the drivers from 2015.5.18 are the first ones speficially tuned for The Witcher 3),
    ATI (AMD). We generally do not advise auto-detecting drivers. Ideally, please select your graphics card manually to find the right driver for you.

DISABLE GEFORCE EXPERIENCEIf you use GeForce Experience, please make sure that you disable Shadowplay before launching the game. If disabling Shadowplay wasn't helpful, please disable GeForce Experience altogether, and make sure that you reset graphics device settings after that. To do this:
    1) right-click on your desktop and select Nvidia Control Panel,
    2) click Manage 3D Settings,
    3) in the upper-right corner, click Restore Defaults.
    To disable GeForce Experience, find its icon in your system tray (lower-right corner), right-click it and select "Exit".

CHECK MINIMAL REQUIREMENTSMake sure that you meet the minimal requirements. The game will most likely crash without an error message if your computer is below the requirements. You can find them here, on the official CDP RED website.Please note that desktop graphics of any kind are currently unsupported.

Officially they dont know the cause but unofficially they are blaming the nvidia drivers and nvidia experience software. The fact that so many of us with problems are nvidia users seems to mean something though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Kirby wrote: »
    It's not a small minority. CDPR posted on GOG that they are working on the issue but they dont know whats causing it.

Officially they dont know the cause but unofficially they are blaming the nvidia drivers and nvidia experience software. The fact that so many of us with problems are nvidia users seems to mean something though.

I'm an AMD user and I hadn't crashed in 10 hours or so but when 1.03 was automatically downloaded I crashed about 5 times in 10 minutes so I went back to 1.02 and I've had no problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

To anyone playing witcher 3 on ps4 you are most likely playing on a tv( alot of pc owners already use headsets) .

Lower the music down to 20 /25%. Stick in a set of headphones. The audio will blow your f'n mind. You can hear the heads roll. Sound development on this game is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Happy out with my full Griffin Set. Great few hours spent getting it as well.

349722.jpg

Haven't done a whole lot yet, but I'm at the point where I have to bait the
    griffen
    No other quests to do but I'm only half way to level 3 and suggested lvl is 3 for that one.

Should I just start visiting ? on the map near by to see if any have quests or gear as I know the mission fight will simply end up with me being one shot killed or am I being overly pessimistic about my chances with it? (playing on DM difficulty)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Big Knox wrote: »

Playing on PC (PC-Master-Race FTW) and I'v had one CTD and got the jumping bug once since release.

Haven't done a whole lot yet, but I'm at the point where I have to bait the
    griffen
    No other quests to do but I'm only half way to level 3 and suggested lvl is 3 for that one.

Should I just start visiting ? on the map near by to see if any have quests or gear as I know the mission fight will simply end up with me being one shot killed or am I being overly pessimistic about my chances with it? (playing on DM difficulty)

Visiting the ? spots will either give you a little XP for clearing mosnter nests or award you a spec point from the power pillars. I left the starting area half way to level 4, just remember to buy the DLC armor from the crossroads vendor as its pretty awesome and should last you until level 8 at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

sheehy83 wrote: »

349722.jpg

Saw that on your trophies. Have it all, just can't upgrade the last two pieces until I am Level 15. That's an awful haircut BTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Venom wrote: »
    Visiting the ? spots will either give you a little XP for clearing mosnter nests or award you a spec point from the power pillars. I left the starting area half way to level 4, just remember to buy the DLC armor from the crossroads vendor as its pretty awesome and should last you until level 8 at the least.

Is it worth clearing nests? Grapeshot costs about 80 crowns to make and you only get a small amount of xp from it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

tuxy wrote: »
    Is it worth clearing nests? Grapeshot costs about 80 crowns to make and you only get a small amount of xp from it.

Have you got Samum yet, you can use it to destroy them for free?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Copying my thoughts from the A&R chat thread.

I think The Witcher 3 makes a good first impression, in the starting area. The world seems much more interesting to me than, say, Skyrim or Dragon Age, even if it follows the same old fantasy, Sub-Tolkien tropes. The place feels alive, is full of memorable details, and looks absolutely fantastic.

But the more I play the less I like the game around it. The map really does become full of busywork, constant distractions that make the whole experience lose focus and energy. Some sub quests are interesting, others completely uninspired. And given the levelling up is so glacial you actually need to explore and carry out those tasks. And the inventory micromanagement is simply infuriating, counterintuitive and time consuming - there's hundreds of items you need to keep track of, and the menu system is a mess.

When I'm booting up Steam I'm finding myself much more drawn towards Sunset, to be perfectly honest, which to me seems like a far more focused, intelligent and refreshing game, and not just in terms of narrative (have no thoughts one way or the other on Wild Hunt's grander story ambitions yet). Hopefully the game will click again, as I really enjoyed the starting area. But as the game goes on Im finding it less and less interesting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm still absolutely loving it anyway. It's the best open world game since Red Dead, and for me takes the top spot. There's so much to do, and none of the side quests i've done so far have been boring. Even the quick ones are more enjoyable than most of Skyrims quests. I can definitely see myself putting 100+ hours into this.

Also, i absolutely love the combat. If you go in spamming attack, you get slaughtered. But take your time, and play it smart, and you feel like a total basass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Xenji wrote: »
    Have you got Samum yet, you can use it to destroy them for free?

For some reasom I thought you needed grapeshot.

Does anyone know where I can find the brightness setting in the menu?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 adamshare01

excellent Game but i think that Skyrim is better

tuxy wrote: »

Once made tho, all bombs and potions are refreshed when you meditate.

sheehy83 wrote: »

349722.jpg

Remember to hold onto the various pieces of the set for upgrading to tier's 2,3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

If you sell a weapon etc to a shopkeeper, do they hold on to it so you can buy it back at a later stage or does it disappear?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I think I sold my original witcher starting gear on day 1 or 2. Does anyone know how important it is for later on in the game. Only read yesterday I should have held onto it for upgrading/crafting in the future. Whoops :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Made a sword called Disgalir.......never noticed it was a level 12....im 4 :(

Advertisement