Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Rocking the full Griffin witcher gear now. Should do me until I can upgrade them at around lvl 14. On a quest with an old friend now, next stop is the skellige islands. Too low lvled at the moment though. Finding that I'm getting very distracted from the main quest line though. So many things to see and do. Thoroughly enjoying everything, exploration is probably the best from any open world game I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Probably mentioned already but there's an alchemist/mechant that you can get full price for any gear you're selling. Making a fortune off him myself :D

http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/where-to-sell-monster-trophies-in-witcher-3/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A friend of mine is addicted to playing gwent, its all he is playing.

Xenji wrote: »

I love gwent! :D

Slowly building up all my other collections :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's absolutely stupid to make you hold onto old gear to upgrade it later, without giving you the option of storing it in a container or bank somewhere.

That's about my only criticism right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kiith wrote: »
    It's absolutely stupid to make you hold onto old gear to upgrade it later, without giving you the option of storing it in a container or bank somewhere.

Yeah its a pain all right. Buying the 100 item saddle bags helps tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Venom wrote: »
    Yeah its a pain all right. Buying the 100 item saddle bags helps tho.

Only just found the 70, and rihgt on time too. Where's the 100?

Their next patch should include a house and storage. I know the whole idea is that a Witcher moves around, doesn't settle, etc, but they need to bring that in. I've only just got the Griffen gear, but it's less powerful than my current set up. And now i'm expected to hold onto it until i can level it up? Crazy.

Has anyone confirmed, for definite, that if you leave gear somewhere, it will stay there permanently? I'm reluctant to try it.

Oh, and i hope someone comes up with a modded inventory. Seems like such a huge oversight on behalf of CDPR. Should be separate sections for food, potions, ingredients, weapons, armor, trophies, etc. When they were testing the game, surely someone mentioned that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Got home from work last night and had the chance to jump back into the Witcher. 3 hours later all I had played was gwent.

This is a way of abusing the in game market to make yourself Monty Burns filthy rich :D

joe123 wrote: »
    If you sell a weapon etc to a shopkeeper, do they hold on to it so you can buy it back at a later stage or does it disappear?

They do , not sure how long for though. I needed the witcher one, the kaer morhen to make some that gave resistance to monsters. Went back after having turned the console off and he still had it in his stock :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Have a saddle pack that gives me 130 weight limit. Gutted I let my Witcher gear go earlier in the game.
    I tend to just go with whatever piece of equipment is best at the time. Is there a buff for having a set that's complete or having all Assassin/Hunter gear at the same time?
    Think I'm getting slightly overpowered. Level 11 now and haven't even made it to Novigrad but it's still a challenge. There's still some level 7/8/9 quests that I haven't even tackled yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have a 90 weight limit saddlebag and the last 2 quests 8 have been to heavy to run. Turns out out some of the leather, steel, etc stuff weighs 2 or 3 individually and i had 10 of some things. Will have to stop looting a while. Would definitely be on for a base camp to store stuff.

Also i Wish spin moves in combat were kept to strong attack. Sometimes i actually want a quick attack, not a ballerina spin through the air.

Kearney can you remember where you for the 130 saddlebag?

Oh and GodlessM, my haircut is the bomb yo!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If you drop something somehwere it stays there for ever. Find a nice spot in a town you frequnt and drop stuff. it will be there when you come back

fcuk followed a main quest too far now im a deathmatch with Nitral im level 5 and he is handing me my arse time after time :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I've just been selling old gear. How do you know what gear to hold on to?

The Griffin witcher set, it says hold onto it for upgrading in future but if needs be, you could just craft another set anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I have the 90 bags and it does me fine, but I tend to go to the shops and blacksmiths often in any RPG I play.

And yes, Gwent is awesome. They really should have made a multiplayer online mini-game of it.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Kearney can you remember where you for the 130 saddlebag?
    !
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71854716
    Just searched there for it.
    As far as I remember, that's the one I got. In Velen, off the merchant in Crow's perch. Got it a couple of days ago so I can't quite remember.

Ahhh kk so I thought ye meant she was selling a +130 saddlebags but ye meant she's selling a +70 saddlebags that brings your max weight up to 130 in total right?

Yeah. That's right. Sorry for the confusion. Brings your Max to 130.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Noob question alert.... The notice boards, if they are white, the notes are just worthless filler... Only proper quests if they are yellow? ... Am I right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Loved the botchling mission ��

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Ughh there really is no good ending to the family matters quest. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Noob question alert.... The notice boards, if they are white, the notes are just worthless filler... Only proper quests if they are yellow? ... Am I right?

I suspect some of those meaningless notes add some of the question marks on the map but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Been playing Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 for the past month and a half before starting this yesterday. My brain is hard-wired to using R1 and R2 to attack and I've died two or three times already by using the wrong buttons to attack.

Might just start again and spend about 4 hours doing the tutorial to fix my brain!

Loved the botchling mission ��
    That was such an odd part to that quest but loved it so much.
    Burgo wrote: »
    Ughh there really is no good ending to the family matters quest. :(
    That's hardly a bad thing is it? That branch is clearly integral to the overarching storyline i.e.
    what happened to Siri
    . The characters are great, especially the Bloody baron. Loving that quest.

Just had two complete crashes on my Pc there. both within 5 minutes of each other. Think it's the video driver that's crashing. The game screen flashes and freezes but I can hear he game continue, as well as anything else that's playing in the back ground already like itunes etc. The video driver never recovers. have to hold the button on my PC and reset it. Incredibly frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

That was such an odd part to that quest but loved it so much.

That's hardly a bad thing is it? That branch is clearly integral to the overarching storyline i.e.
    what happened to Siri
    . The characters are great, especially the Bloody baron. Loving that quest.
    well either a whole village gets destroyed, the baron and his wife both die, or all the kids get eaten by the crones. Not really great either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

J. Marston wrote: »
    Been playing Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 for the past month and a half before starting this yesterday. My brain is hard-wired to using R1 and R2 to attack and I've died two or three times already by using the wrong buttons to attack.

Might just start again and spend about 4 hours doing the tutorial to fix my brain!

The tutorial can be done in 10 minutes, if you have been playing Souls games you know there is no shame in dying, same with this, stick the difficulty up to "Blood and Broken Bones" and just spend time getting used to it, anything lower is just a waste as the game will be a dawdle very quickly on anything lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Stuck in the game now cos of a bug,
    King's Gambit mission has an an infinite loading screen bug and is needed to progress main story properly

All I can do is explore and side quests until it's patched which sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The tutorial can be done in 10 minutes, if you have been playing Souls games you know there is no shame in dying, same with this, stick the difficulty up to "Blood and Broken Bones" and just spend time getting used to it, anything lower is just a waste as the game will be a dawdle very quickly on anything lower.

Geralt isnt a nameless undead or hunter though. He's a badass. He's the batman of this world, so its only right he should be cutting through guys like a knife through butter. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ok really, really tempted to buy this today. It looks amazing.

This style game never appealed to me before that is why I haven't bought it so far. I am more of a FPS, GTA, FIFA kinda person. But sooooooooo tempted...

(waiting to be told what to do)

Advertisement