Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Haven't had time to play the witcher since Wednesday so I'm gonna put in a lot of hours today.

Just one general gaming recommendation. Turn off subtitles. Seeing words always distracts from the rest of the screen.

I'm tempted to do the same with the minimap.. A game like Bloodborne really shows you why onscreen maps can rune your sense of direction and exploration.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Gwent seems to crash the game a lot. Just crashed two times in a row for me there.

Really want to beat this guy but his deck is ridiculously strong.

Edit: Finally I beat him.. I can now move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone Seen a Copy for pS4 anywhere in Dublin West?,

Sold out in Smyths / Argos

Anyone go the digital download route? I'd prefer to get the disc copy so I could trade it on when done.

What to you guys think of digital purchases for full Price ps4 games? It's €65 in Smyths bu €68 online. Why is the digital copy not less with all manufacturing costs removed?!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

After picking up a rake of quests in Novigrad but but might start playing Gwent. Looks like i missed a unique card from an earlier quest that i can't get back, wish i started playing it sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Man the game is huge. Still in Velen and have only done 2 main quests. Just been doing side quests and exploring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

How to get the +100 saddlebags to bring your max weight to 160 which is as good as it gets:

Might be some conditions, have to check myself yet:http://gearnuke.com/witcher-3-guide-get-zerrikanian-saddlebags-location-upgrades-stats/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Another noob question, sorry guys... As a weapon degrades, does it's damage done degrade too, or is it constant down to the point in breaks?

Not sure if it breaks full but damage degrades. Check the inventory when a sword is red, it will show a minus number in red with a picture of a hammer beside the damage Number. This is showing the loss of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Just finished crafting a full set of Feline weapons/armour. Pretty happy with the result:

7wthoQR.jpg
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    After picking up a rake of quests in Novigrad but but might start playing Gwent. Looks like i missed a unique card from an earlier quest that i can't get back, wish i started playing it sooner.

Gwent is fantastic! A lot of people have been complaining about only getting into Gwent fairly late in the game and thus missing out on some unique cards at the start. CD Projekt Red have promised to address this and they are going to add more vendors in a forthcoming patch who you can win the cards off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Might be some conditions, have to check myself yet:

I know to get access into that part, you need to have a password or pay money. You can get access as part of the Novigrad Pyres quest, that's when I got in there. But I'd imagine you should be able to pay to get in at any stage.

Not getting the love of Gwent.

• Advertisement

3wayswitch wrote: »
    Gwent is fantastic! A lot of people have been complaining about only getting into Gwent fairly late in the game and thus missing out on some unique cards at the start. CD Projekt Red have promised to address this and they are going to add more vendors in a forthcoming patch who you can win the cards off.

If i go back to white orchard will some cards be unavailable or quests locked? I see white orchard is being patched but not sure what is being fixed?

If i go back to white orchard will some cards be unavailable or quests locked? I see white orchard is being patched but not sure what is being fixed?

There was a guy in the in sat at a table you speak to as part of the main quest, you can challenge him and win a card. Not sure he stays there after a certain point early on.

The Innkeep sold a unique card but she leaves White Orchard after the fight breaks out in the inn. Another character is going to be added which you will be able to get that card off.

I don't think any quests get locked.

For all the great things this game has to offer it has some truly awful situations.

You on a horse vs bandits on horses is laughable, round and round swinging at air :D

I know you can get off spook the horses with igni and one shot them but the horse back side of things in this game is one of the few areas it's come up asking imo. The horse in general is clunky to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When should i face the griffin. As soon as the quest comes up or should i do lots of side quests first?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    When should i face the griffin. As soon as the quest comes up or should i do lots of side quests first?

Grand once you hit level 3 , tough at level 2. Try make the oil for your sword once you know the weakness.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Was much easier than I expected even on death march ..... I died a fair few times in the act though :o

Best tip I can give is buy the grapeshot components from the herb lady don't bother with the crossbow, and stick 2 points into quen and the one for the 500 extra HP. Dodge and attack his rear for maximum damage.

For all the great things this game has to offer it has some truly awful situations.

You on a horse vs bandits on horses is laughable, round and round swinging at air :D

I know you can get off spook the horses with igni and one shot them but the horse back side of things in this game is one of the few areas it's come up asking imo. The horse in general is clunky to say the least.

Hold the attack button and when you get close it slows down time and makes hacking them easier. And it's completely OP! Very satisfying seeing a guy fall in half off the horses though!

But, yes, it's clunky, but nowhere near as clunky as swimming.

Not getting the love of Gwent.

I didn't like it at first until I got my first unique card off
    Zoltan
    . Once I got that I was finally starting to get some wins under my belt and develop a decent deck. Plus it feels great when you manage to turn a game around. In the game below I was losing 44-27 with no offensive cards left, just a decoy and a fog. So I use the decoy to take the spy he played earlier and play it myself gaining two war horn cards

ukLQ27V.jpg

So I play the fog and war horn cards and turn it around 31-27 in my favour:

thmcKB3.jpg

So satisying!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

The two main things that are really annoying me are getting on the horse and picking up items. I'm missing drops because of it. You're either too far away or too close from stuff. Very hard get it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Maybe I wasn't listening but I just assumed that Novigrad was a completely different map from Velen and the start area. Hadn't realised that Velen and Novigrad were on the same map. Whoops!
    The map is incredibly daunting with all the notice boards and ? on there. Went up north, check out some notice boards and then realised I was in Novigrad. Think I might go back down south, uncover a lot more and see if there's much more I can tackle at my current level. Map is a little less daunting now that I realised there wasn't another area for me to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pretty much at a point in the game that until a patch is released to fix King's Gambit quest (kind of need to do it to complete the main quest properly), I can't do any more. Have 1/2 more quests that I'm underlevelled for, but could probably complete but that's it. Shame, was enjoying it for the most part, but it shouldn't have been released like this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Where is the best place to get the kill 5 people in 10 seconds trophy?

On the west coast of Velen, if you haven't already killed them, there's about 15 pirates around level 6-8, they're in 3 batches. All along the beach where the ships are beached. If you have done that, then you've probably done the cannibals along the coast road heading south, they were all level 3. And somewhere around there, there's a camp with about 10 bandits? holding a circular area around some statue.

I was lucky enough to randomly get this. It was against a large pack of wolves.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was lucky enough to randomly get this. It was against a large pack of wolves.

How did you do it? PotioNs or just hack and slash away?

How did you do it? PotioNs or just hack and slash away?

I just quick attacked/button mashed all of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just found a boat. Having the time of my life just sailing around exploring stuff. Every time I begin traveling to a quest I bump into so many interesting things along the way and become distracted by them and start new quests. Fast travel be damned! I'm never touching it. I turned the mini map off to keep me from the GTA-effect of never really looking at the world as you're traveling in and instead basically playing a lot of it via the mini map. So now I just take one look at the full map and make a mental note of the location and try to find my way there naturally. Hard at times but I will get used to it and start to know locations visually which is a great feeling to be honest. I've done that with many games and never regret it although some actually don't work because their missions are made based on you using the mini map. So far I don't think TW3 is like that. If you listen to what people actually say in their directions, Geralt's talking and use common sense (and witcher sense!) you'll almost always find what you need to and know where to go.

Even if I just notice something at the corner of my eye like a random note on the floor or something, I follow my instincts and decide to pick it up and read it and it tells me about nearby treasure under water or a hint to another quest. Quite impressed so far.

Controls are still a bit awkward. I feel like I should rebind them but I fear I might've gotten too used to the current ones already. 1 and 2 are still staying as steel and silver sword, however. Too used to that from the previous games. Also is there really any point to lock-on? I haven't found it necessary... Geralt seems to direction himself according to the nearest monster or which ever way you're guiding your movement.

The facial expressions are great.

I just quick attacked/button mashed all of them :)

So basically you mashed □ :D? they havent been close enough so thats probably why i havent gotten it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

So basically you mashed □ :D? they havent been close enough so thats probably why i havent gotten it.

I led a group of deserters toward two explosive barrels and used Igni. 3 of them blew up and other 2 were damaged enough to one hit kill with the sword.

Advertisement