Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Where is the best place to get the kill 5 people in 10 seconds trophy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_liXiOfxYY

This is how I did it. I have also taken to farming these dogs for Raw Meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

logik wrote: »

Havent played much but the four wraiths I killed in white orchard left no emereld dust......1st world problems :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Newbie question - Are the trophies just fore show or do they have a practical application in the game when attained?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I hope they patch out the f**king gale that is always blowing in the world...

Sounds like there is a storm in my living room any time I play.

That's my only complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

sticker wrote: »
    Newbie question - Are the trophies just fore show or do they have a practical application in the game when attained?

All achievements are for show, they never impact the game. They are more like bragging rights.

• Advertisement

All achievements are for show, they never impact the game. They are more like bragging rights.

Trophies from killing monsters he means. You have a trophy slot where you can equip one at a time.

Ya there should be some perc's for each Trophy, it should say it when you bring up the details.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks I'll give that a go

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Hi lads, where's the cheapest place to get this at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

And just like that....I became addicted to Gwent. Seriously need a physical copy of it.

Hope they patch the Baron's unique card that you can miss (like I did)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Hi lads, where's the cheapest place to get this at the moment?

Key reselling sites. Goes for €30~

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Cant beat a bit of Gwent. Sinking hours into it. Quick tip, if you go back to the palace there is a nobleman there that will play.

Hes tricky enough but the card I got off him was
    A hero card that lets you double your siege attack cards

Not sure if these players always drop the same card but its really useful.

Also went wandering around the palace and out in the courtyard did anyone touch the stone on the wall (glows red with witcher senses).

It opens up a hidden passage that has a note about a striga and a chest that I cant seem to open? Hoping I didnt glitch another quest but just seems odd? No new quest loaded upon reading the note....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm loving Gwent as well. Really want to get a monster deck going, but what i have is nowhere near as good as the main deck yet. The war horn card (doubles the damage of a row) makes a huge different. You can really just squeeze through with some clever play.

Found a few people who absolutely slaughtered me though. Got the card off the baron, though it wasn't that great from what i remember.

A few people who have absolutely smashed me in gwent first few times around. I easily beat with a bit of smart play and using FROST to wreck their insane 10 card combos etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm loving Gwent as well. Really want to get a monster deck going, but what i have is nowhere near as good as the main deck yet. The war horn card (doubles the damage of a row) makes a huge different. You can really just squeeze through with some clever play.

Found a few people who absolutely slaughtered me though. Got the card off the baron, though it wasn't that great from what i remember.

Think I only got a spy card off the Baron :/

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Map of Novigrad with all markers:

Could really have done with that map last night, I sailed in there, cause I didn't have a pass, I was looking for a black smith to make my griffin swords. Could not find one.

Had to sneak into Oxenford (or something), swam across and found a way in form the shore, whole city had high walls, except for a ladder near a bridge.

Don't think I was supposed to be able to get in there yet, as the road/bridges in are blocked, but I found a black smith in there who made my Griffen swords, full set now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah I randomly found Oxenfurt and had a pass to enter but can't remember how I got it. In Oxenfurt, iirc, I got a contract to kill a monster that ended up giving me a pass to Novigrad. Then a a random quest (!) near entrance to Novigrad had a guy willing to sell me a pass as well if anyone is looking for them.

Good tutorial vid for Gwent for anyone who hasn't given it a chance yet. Learned a couple of things I didn't know.

Agree with who said it earlier, would be class if you could play your deck against people online, not just AI.

joe123 wrote: »
    Think I only got a spy card off the Baron :/

Yeah, that's what it was. A 4 damage Spy card, which isn't that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

For anyone wondering how to get the Butcher of Blaviken trophy, I just got it by accident.

Was in a room with a bunch of rats and used the fire sign while fighting and unintentionally killed 5 rats in about a second :P

tok9 wrote: »
    For anyone wondering how to get the Butcher of Blaviken trophy, I just got it by accident.

Same as, didn't even know about the Achievement.

When in Velen at The Inn At The Crosswords, those few soldiers that turn up, as soon as the fight broke out, I hit them with IGNI, and then a few hacks later they were done. Achievement pops. Should have recorded it.

• Advertisement

Is that the 5 kill in 10 seconds one? I got it randomly as well...wasn't sure why. Think it was against dogs. Bombs make it very easy, even when you've no skills in Alchemy.

Just googled it. Seems easiest way to get Butcher of Blavikan AND Can't Touch This achievement/trophy is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aWhz9SeH7A

*Note in comment's fast travel to another map to get the Wild Dogs to respawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kiith wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what it was. A 4 damage Spy card, which isn't that great.

Spy cards are the best, don't blaspheme. best games are where you get the 4 spy cards straight up, and the other guy uses decoy to play them, or else plays his own spy cards. Play decoy then yourself and you get to use even more spy cards, along with Yen and Dun Banner Medic who can bring them back if they're killed for more cards.

All you have to do is throw the first game, and I've gotten close to 250 as a score when it all comes together in the final game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Have the GOG version dunno if I have any achievements.

Anyone come across Mama Harpie yet? She and the werewolf under the house are on my "im gonna go away now and level up then come back and seriously fcuk you up" list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Any thoughts on trying to find as many places of power as possible when starting out?
    Looks like they are a quick way to increase attributes and powers. I've seen several maps and guides on the usual sites listing their locations (appreciate not all areas available at the start).

On a separate note, make sure to read/examine items and books in your inventory after you pick them up. Some quests only unlock when you examine the item and not automatically when you just pick it up.

Oh i love Spy cards, but the lower the damage the better. I had an enemy play a 0 damage spy card, which i really wanted.

I just thought the card from the Baron would be more powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Any thoughts on trying to find as many places of power as possible when starting out?
    Looks like they are a quick way to increase attributes and powers. I've seen several maps and guides on the usual sites listing their locations (appreciate not all areas available at the start).

I found quite a few at the start, but the only thing about is that you don't unlock the slots to place multiple perks unless you level up. I'm Level 14 at the moment, and i have the top 2 completely unlocked, and only one unlocked on the bottom left for a perk, the slot for a mutagen hasn't unlocked yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

Key reselling sites. Goes for €30~

Any chance you could link me to a couple of (legit) sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

sheehy83 wrote: »
    And just like that....I became addicted to Gwent. Seriously need a physical copy of it.

Hope they patch the Baron's unique card that you can miss (like I did)

The card should be a lootable item in his office if you miss out on playing him for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I have a feeling that it will want to get into playing Gwent at some point so I'm now snapping up all the cards I come across.

Advertisement