Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

There is new nvidia drivers out today for anyone having problems. It's primarily for the Heroes of the Storm release but I'm sure there is witchery stuff in there too. I dont know if it helps with the crashing yet. I'll report back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

GodlessM wrote: »

BTW noticed mention earlier that you miss quests by fast travelling. So as long as you go to all the question marks and boards you wont miss anything by fast travelling; encounter quest locations are marked on your map when they become available. All you actually have to do is meet the pre requisites.

Witcher contracts are on the boards, there are tonnes of missions at ? markers almost all loot quests. You would miss them if you fast travelled a lot.

You also miss the randomers who stop you on roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Witcher contracts are on the boards, there are tonnes of missions at ? markers almost all loot quests. You would miss them if you fast travelled a lot.

You also miss the randomers who stop you on roads.

Please read my post again properly.

I said you wont miss anything by fast travelling so as long as you go to both the boards and question marks.

And also as I said, those randomers get marked on your map when they become available. You dont need to walk everywhere to find them.

The only way you miss things in this game is by making the wrong quest decisions and by choosing not to check out certain things. Fast travel doesnt prevent you from experiencing the whole game.

And I can confirm this. I have checked and missed nothing up until my current point in the game, and I fast travel as much as I can to save time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Just finished the main quest in Valen/Novigrad now. Have some side quests to do, but will head to Skellige soon. Haven't done the Triss quest at the ball, as i'm fairly sure that'll be the "romance" quest. I'd like to go see Yennifer first.

Does leaving Valen for Skellige make you fail any sidequests?

Kiith wrote: »
    Just finished the main quest in Valen/Novigrad now. Have some side quests to do, but will head to Skellige soon. Haven't done the Triss quest at the ball, as i'm fairly sure that'll be the "romance" quest. I'd like to go see Yennifer first.

Does leaving Valen for Skellige make you fail any sidequests?

Nope, go ahead. In fact some quests start in one area and end in the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just met Triss again for the first time (got her supplies in the river & helped her deal with those rats...)
    I'm very nearly at Level 11. Should I be doing more side quests? Any advice?
    Game is huge tho I'm 27 hours in I'd say I'm nowhere near half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just finished the first/tutorial area. I'm really liking it, but can see running around after question marks on the map getting annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

ERG89 wrote:
    Game is huge tho I'm 27 hours in I'd say I'm nowhere near half way through.

I wouldn't do any mission that is 6 levels below as you will get no xp. It should be fixed in upcoming patch. The next main quest is only level 7

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Tried my first horse races. Can't say that was particularly fun :/

Tried my first horse races. Can't say that was particularly fun :/

Leave them you can have a chance to get something to help with those later in the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya the horse races are easily the worst part of the game.

All you have to do is go in front and block whoever is behind you.

I also really bloody wish I had a compass similar to Skyrim instead of the minimap.

Other than that, game is still fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

GodlessM wrote: »
    Please read my post again properly.

I said you wont miss anything by fast travelling so as long as you go to both the boards and question marks.

And also as I said, those randomers get marked on your map when they become available. You dont need to walk everywhere to find them.

The only way you miss things in this game is by making the wrong quest decisions and by choosing not to check out certain things. Fast travel doesnt prevent you from experiencing the whole game.

And I can confirm this. I have checked and missed nothing up until my current point in the game, and I fast travel as much as I can to save time.

Ahhh yeah there are definitely a few things I've found that aren't marked by a ? , so you'll defo miss stuff if you only fast travel. To be fair, the majority of it was fairly insignificant, but it was there all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Spent all day today playing gwent and marking off all the cards i won/bought on my list of cards.

On lvl 10 now and my next thing is trying to find the barons wife, it dosnt even show on the map where to look.

GOTY no doubt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The one thing i wish is that you could track more than one quest on the map. It's pretty annoying running past a quest, only to have to backtrack when you realise you past it 10 minutes ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Kirby wrote: »
    There is new nvidia drivers out today for anyone having problems. It's primarily for the Heroes of the Storm release but I'm sure there is witchery stuff in there too. I dont know if it helps with the crashing yet. I'll report back. :)

I've only had a few crashes since I started playing but the new drivers have increased my fps by 5 - 10 fps using a gtx 770.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Swimming gives me a pain in the ring. It just seems a bit awkward or something.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

the quest system is kinda confusing .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Spent all day today playing gwent and marking off all the cards i won/bought on my list of cards.

On lvl 10 now and my next thing is trying to find the barons wife, it dosnt even show on the map where to look.

GOTY no doubt

There's some overlap between the Bloody Baron quests and the main questline around that stage. You have to do one in order to find out where to go in the other.

So after spending all night back tracking I finished the most important quest in the game; I got all of the Gwent cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Kiith wrote: »
    The one thing i wish is that you could track more than one quest on the map. It's pretty annoying running past a quest, only to have to backtrack when you realise you past it 10 minutes ago.
    I woulld love some system where quest of a similar level are displayed on the map. That would be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Indoor fights with little or no space for movement or camera work are annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

nvm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Won the High Stakes tourney and going around picking up cards from inn keepers and merchants. I read you get the Thaler card from the inn keeper in Arnbjorn (sp) in Skellige. Went there and he won't talk to me. Looked it up and turns out he won't talk to you once you do a certain quest so my Collect em All trophy is goosed unless they patch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

It would be nice of them to patch in a Gwent check list into the Gwent section of the menu where you can see what cards you have obtained with a little tick beside them. Would make it alot easier to see what you have left to collect.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Won the High Stakes tourney and going around picking up cards from inn keepers and merchants. I read you get the Thaler card from the inn keeper in Arnbjorn (sp) in Skellige. Went there and he won't talk to me. Looked it up and turns out he won't talk to you once you do a certain quest so my Collect em All trophy is goosed unless they patch it.

That's really annoying .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Anyone get the guy farting in the background during a cut scene? It could be a very serious conversation then some guy lets a serious ripper and starts laughing.

The same also applies to someone yawning in the background. Like they're mocking who is talking.

Some of the fixes coming up in patches 1.04 and 1.05.
    Hi everyone,

As you know we don't stop working to keep bringing you new updates - I just wanted to give you a heads-up of what to expect in the upcoming patch. The list below is a part of the change log for the 1.04/1.05. There will be a lot more fixes on the way - here's the breakdown of the most requested changes:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
    General stability and performance improvements
    Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
    Improved camera smoothness
    Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
    Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
    Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
    Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
    Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
    Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
    Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
    Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
    Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
    Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
    Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
    Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
    Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
    Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
    Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
    Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
    Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
    Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

That patch out today for PC?

logik wrote: »
    That patch out today for PC?

1.05 should be out either today or tomorrow. 1.04 is due on consoles whenever Sony/MS feel like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

A good few of the Argos branches have this back in stock if anyone is looking for it.

Advertisement