Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

sheehy83 wrote: »
    1.05 should be out either today or tomorrow. 1.04 is due on consoles whenever Sony/MS feel like it.

Sony will generally roll it out as soon as they get it. MS take a few days to run their own checks on an update before pushing it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Limited quest tracking aside, I've only a few quibbles in general.

a) Geralt - a man who's fought against hordes of devilish beasties - can be easily beaten by simply falling 5 feet off a small ledge. For a guy of his experience, he has the weakest knees on the planet. Most of my deaths have come from taking a short jump without realizing I've done so with 1/4 of a healthbar - but I don't see why jumping off a small wall would kill me despite it.

b) Game loves throwing uneven terrain all over the place - from rocks randomly forming inside buildings or during chat-scenes all over the characters, to holes in the ground where you can see the skybox - yet walk on just fine.

c) Immersion gets a bit broken when everyone from the local banter to major characters all have the exact same voice as others. Sad listening to Vernon Roche (great character) to hearing the exact same voice on a peasant 30seconds later - same applies to Blackwall... I mean, er, Baron... I mean, er, Djikstra... I mean, er, almost everyone.

Still thoroughly enjoying the game, of course.

Double tap jump before you land and he will roll. Takes away all damage from small ledges, and reduces damage for the bigger drops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I definitely see myself putting in at least 100+ hours on this. Currently around 60 hours and only just got to Skellige. Looking forward to getting stuck into that place, and i'm guessing i'll have to
    make the Triss/Yennifer choice soon. I saw the unicorn, so it might be made for me
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Kiith wrote: »
    I definitely see myself putting in at least 100+ hours on this. Currently around 60 hours and only just got to Skellige. Looking forward to getting stuck into that place, and i'm guessing i'll have to make the
    Triss/Yennifer
    choice soon. I saw the unicorn, so it might be made for me :P

This was an enjoyable thread for a while but as someone else said earlier, some people are cutting it too close with the spoilers. Some of us don't want to know there is a
    Triss/Yennifer
    choice, no matter how obvious it may be that there would have to be such a choice. Unfortunately, I'll have to drop this thread because sooner or later, someone is going to let some major spoiler slip.

Oh, I don't actually know that there is a choice, just assume there is since i doubt either would be happy if i tried hooking up with both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Where is the best place to get a neutral card round win? I am already 50+ hours in so I cant do it at the start of the game but I need a get a neutral round win. Anyone know someone with a very weak deck?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Kiith wrote: »
    Oh, I don't actually know that there is a choice, just assume there is since i doubt either would be happy if i tried hooking up with both.

Not really in keeping with the Witcher lore though is it? He essentially shags whatever he likes without consequence.
    Although you did make a choice in Witcher 1 and that was done away with in the second. I was a bit miffed at that tbh as I didn't choose Triss and in the second it was completely ignored bar a note added in the enhanced edition that you had split up or some such. Then in Witcher 2 it's back to shag whatever is on offer without any complaints from Triss iirc.

*edit spoilered Witcher 1/2 stuff as a precaution

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

mewso wrote: »
    Not really in keeping with the Witcher lore though is it? He essentially shags whatever he likes without consequence.

A gentleman never shags and tells. Especially not Triss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Jesus the really underestimated the popularity of this game. Its next to impossible to purchase it.

There was 3 in Liffey Valley Argos today, by the time I got there (15mins) they were sold out.

They clearly didn't have enough copies on launch and very slow to send out more copies to the retailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

If it has not been mentioned there was an AMD Radeon™ The Witcher 3 – Wild Hunt beta driver released a few days ago.

• Advertisement

If it has not been mentioned there was an AMD Radeon™ The Witcher 3 – Wild Hunt beta driver released a few days ago.

I'd hold off on installing it though. It's supposed to be causing more issues than it fixes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

logik wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get a neutral card round win? I am already 50+ hours in so I cant do it at the start of the game but I need a get a neutral round win. Anyone know someone with a very weak deck?

Once you have the Zolten Chivey card play any merchant or innkeep. Try and keep card advantage and hold on to the Zoltan card. Try and play it so that you get to a third round with just that card left and your opponent with none. Its actually easier earlier in the game rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I need to get Geralt some fashionable armour. Currently walking around with a black and yellow top, wine coloured gloves and green pants. He looks a right mess.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I need to get Geralt some fashionable armour. Currently walking around with a black and yellow top, wine coloured gloves and green pants. He looks a right mess.

Just do the treasure hunts and make the witches sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just made Feline Enhanced full gear. Huge improvement over anything i was finding at my level 20.

I hope one of the DLC's will be enhanced, superior and master versions of the Wolf School gear (default at start of game) best looking armour imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I have a reservation code for the PS4 version in Argos Blanchardstown that won't be using now. If anyone wants it then just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looking forward to the new patch stopping candles from being interacted with when they are on or near loot containers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Finally decided to head to Skellige. This game is just huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Xenji wrote: »
    Looking forward to the new patch stopping candles from being interacted with when they are on or near loot containers.

Or talking to merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

can some tell me in a spoiler free way do the sidequests effect your ending?

its a good game but theres noway i can go through this again so id like to get the best possible ending on my first run

are the endings really majorly different its not like the mass effect ending were you pick a colour or something lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

biggebruv wrote: »
    can some tell me in a spoiler free way do the sidequests effect your ending?

its a good game but theres noway i can go through this again so id like to get the best possible ending on my first run

are the endings really majorly different its not like the mass effect ending were you pick a colour or something lol

No story spoilers below, just an outline of the nature of the endings and how they are decided.
    Side quests won't affect it in any major way.
    Some dialogue choices in the latter third of the game are what decide your ending i.e X amount of choices, each with Y amount of options, choosing a certain amount of 'positive'/'negative' options triggers a 'positive'/'negative' ending. You'll have some idea of what options result in which ending as you go along. You should be able to get whatever type/feel of ending you want with a bit of foresight.
    The endings are quite different, though it doesn't really matter anyway. The game world defaults back to a certain stage after you complete the main questline and doesn't take into account the events of the last few quests. You can always just watch the alternate versions on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just after encountering the No XP bug on the Broken Flowers quest. Luckily I did a manual save before starting the quest. I'm level 16 and the quest is 11. Not going to touch any more quests until the patch comes out, hopefully this week. Still have a few question marks in Velen to find

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

For anyone crashing, try disabling Nvidia HD audio in device manager, and disable Nvidia streaming service. Been playing an hour without a crash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

No story spoilers below, just an outline of the nature of the endings and how they are decided.
    Side quests won't affect it in any major way.
    Some dialogue choices in the latter third of the game are what decide your ending i.e X amount of choices, each with Y amount of options, choosing a certain amount of 'positive'/'negative' options triggers a 'positive'/'negative' ending. You'll have some idea of what options result in which ending as you go along. You should be able to get whatever type/feel of ending you want with a bit of foresight.
    The endings are quite different, though it doesn't really matter anyway. The game world defaults back to a certain stage after you complete the main questline and doesn't take into account the events of the last few quests. You can always just watch the alternate versions on Youtube.

thanks very much for the help

That's not entirely accurate at all. There are quite a few side quests that affect the endings outcome, though it is easy enough to figure which they are. That being said, there are some bits that will surprise you. Having just finished my first play through at 148hrs and missing only stuff that was bugged from what I have checked, I can say that very little is insignificant in this game. It is a masterful piece of story telling when it is all said and done. If they do a Witcher 4 it will be incredibly interesting.

And for those worried about the XP bug, I got hit with rather significantly and still finished the game at the level 35 benchmark.

Now to try and speed run Death March (and the bloody bugged horse races).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

How's your card collection?

Just after encountering the No XP bug on the Broken Flowers quest. Luckily I did a manual save before starting the quest. I'm level 16 and the quest is 11. Not going to touch any more quests until the patch comes out, hopefully this week. Still have a few question marks in Velen to find

PC or Console?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

logik wrote: »
    PC or Console?

PS4

PS4

Hmm yeah, don't ask me why but the XP bug seems to affecting PS4 and PC.

I am on Xbox One and I have alot of xbox friends playing without any issues.

A quick google seems to return the issue is not as prominent on the One, how I don't know. I am completing quests that are over 6 levels below me and I am still getting XP.

• Advertisement

Finished off all the quests (story quests, side quests, contracts and treasure hunts) in Valen last night, and
    said goodbye to Triss :( I was thinking she'd go to Kaer Morhen, but after i didn't ask her to say, she sailed away and i don't think i'll see her again.
    I do have a mission i can't complete now though, which is a bit annoying.

Up to the 60ish hour mark now, and still absolutely love it. I do see myself cutting back on the ?'s around the map, and just focusing on the main quests more though. The games just so bloody big, with so much to do, that i can't see myself doing everything anyway. Enjoying the change of scenery in Skellige now though, so we'll see.

Advertisement