Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I just started playing 1. Got out of the starting/tutorial area at last so am now seeing how the game actually works. It's interesting.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Shiminay wrote: »
    I just started playing 1. Got out of the starting/tutorial area at last so am now seeing how the game actually works. It's interesting.

Just don't lose faith when you're stuck in the misery of Chapter 2 :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Save regularly. That swamp is frustrating. It's the one spot of the game that became something of a chore. the rest was pretty glorious, loads of good storytelling, but... that f*cking swamp, man.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I hope to god it's the Enhanced Edition, otherwise you'll have to fight the toughest boss fight ever. Stupid dog made me quit the game the first two times i played the game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, it's the Enhanced one. Got it and number 2 for a Fiver some moons ago and never got around to playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Don't think you can even buy the non-Enchanced Edition, or if you can it's very rare..

Thinking it's time I played through the original game again, not done so since it was released and never really put much time into the second one. Figure that once I finish Wolfenstein, a replay of Far Cry 3 and Watch Dogs I'll put aside a month and just go full on Wither.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I just started the first one as well. Bit into chapter 1 now. Have to say, I'm really enjoying it and not finding it that hard to get into at all. Loads of the stuff I'd read said it will be so hard to get into if you're coming from the second one. It's good so far!

Knowing the world a bit from having played the second game probably helps, but I'm definitely enjoying it so far.

Love the little saucy portraits whenever you have a night of passion with the various women :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Somnus wrote: »
    Love the little saucy portraits whenever you have a night of passion with the various women :D

i think you mean you find them offensive, immature and indicative of a culture that devalues the contributions of women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

i think you mean you find them offensive, immature and indicative of a culture that devalues the contributions of women.

No I don't really mean that, but then again I'm not taking it too seriously. I'm sure the studio has women who's input they value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Not sure if srs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Somnus wrote: »
    No I don't really mean that, but then again I'm not taking it too seriously. I'm sure the studio has women who's input they value.

willis1.jpg?w=240&h=208

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Not sure if srs

was that a ****redditsays pun?

cos if so, bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

was that a ****redditsays pun?

cos if so, bravo

You're saying words, and individually they make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Ruh-roh.

Huge Witcher 3 leak reveals ending details, monsters, plot - EuroGamer

Haven't dared read the story, but apparently details of the game have been leaked to the usual spots (reddit, 4chan etc). So this is really just a warning to anyone who wants to avoid spoilers - be extra vigilant! And obviously, please keep this thread free of these details until next February at least. :pac:

Ohh, if someone dared to spoil this on me, i'd...i'd...i'd get very upset.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,268 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So Geralt was dead the whole time? :eek::pac:

The Witcher 3 is 35 times bigger than the 2nd game :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I need this game now.........

7f8e61c5df519e37c0cb8a493971ca75.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Wasn't in any way arsed about this but I saw 1 and 2 for a pittance in the steam sale and heard they'd been improved.

I've nearly finished 1 now, it's extremely polished and I really enjoyed it.

That's one extra sale CDPR can count on... I wonder how many others there are.

Of course, hopefully that means they're implementing all the good ideas straight out of the box this time, rather than a "Good Edition" years later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

2 is even better than 1. I can't fooking wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Gbear wrote: »
    Wasn't in any way arsed about this but I saw 1 and 2 for a pittance in the steam sale and heard they'd been improved.

I've nearly finished 1 now, it's extremely polished and I really enjoyed it.

That's one extra sale CDPR can count on... I wonder how many others there are.

Of course, hopefully that means they're implementing all the good ideas straight out of the box this time, rather than a "Good Edition" years later.

Wait until you finish first one. Keep attention to stuff, it will leave you with "my mind is blown". I actually went googling about the ending.

Witcher 2 is fantastic too. Real definition of " you make your own decisions".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

just be aware that the 3rd act of Witcher 2 is short

It's not as short now though, is it? Didn't the pad it out with the Enhanced Edition that they released a while ago? I just started playing it again last night, so we'll see how much longer it is in about 30 hours time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

For someone who knows nothing of Witcher, What is this game like? Skyrim or DMC type?

Taylor365 wrote: »
    For someone who knows nothing of Witcher, What is this game like? Skyrim or DMC type?

More Skyrim than DMC, more dragon age than either of those but better than all of them, particularly the 2nd one.

It's looking like what Skyrim would be like if it had better combat and characters that weren't insufferably boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Look at it this way:

Skyrim - a fast food.
    Witcher - fine steak.

Skyrim is a lot bigger and has a lot more stuff in it. It's open world game. At the same time it is its weakness as it's does not have depth and a lot of copy paste stuff.
    Witcher is not open world and a bit more focused experience. It's not as big as skyrim, but the stuff it has in it is very high quality. Specially in witcher 2 quests are interesting and memorable.

• Advertisement

Look at it this way:

Skyrim - a fast food.
    Witcher - fine steak.

Skyrim is a lot bigger and has a lot more stuff in it. It's open world game. At the same time it is its weakness as it's does not have depth and a lot of copy paste stuff.
    Witcher is not open world and a bit more focused experience. It's not as big as skyrim, but the stuff it has in it is very high quality. Specially in witcher 2 quests are interesting and memorable.

Yeah even the side quests feel like they're worth doing where as in Skyrim it's a real chore to do anything outside of faction or main storyline imo.

It's looking like the new game is very much open world though, which could be a good thing if they can maintain the level of depth.

Advertisement