Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I am 55 hours in myself and have not even gone to Skellige yet. So much still to do! Such an addictive game. Loving Gwent recently aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Not been in this thread for a while, so this may have been posted already.

For all us Gwent lovers and who are attempting to collect them all.

www.gwentcards.com

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Freeze wrote: »

www.gwentcards.com

That is class! Exactly what I was looking for. In a certain area, quick check who is selling what and where. I'm missing a couple due to a bug but hoping that gets patched, still gonna go for all of them.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That is class! Exactly what I was looking for. In a certain area, quick check who is selling what and where. I'm missing a couple due to a bug but hoping that gets patched, still gonna go for all of them.

I'm missing those few from White Orchard too.

I'm missing those few from White Orchard too.

Theres another few in skillige. When you get to Arnbjorn, talk to the innkeeper and buy his cards/ win a card from him. I found a lighthouse first and completed a contract on the island. The innkeeper won't talk to you anymore after the contract so the cards are locked out. I'm hoping devs patch them in somewhere else.

• Advertisement

www.gwentcards.com

Thank you!!

Theres another few in skillige. When you get to Arnbjorn, talk to the innkeeper and buy his cards/ win a card from him. I found a lighthouse first and completed a contract on the island. The innkeeper won't talk to you anymore after the contract so the cards are locked out. I'm hoping devs patch them in somewhere else.

I've been there and got those I think.
    Arnbjorn is west on Skellige isn't it?

I've been there and got those I think.
    Arnbjorn is west on Skellige isn't it?

Yupp he has the Thaler card. I know in future not to start any contracts until I read a notice first.

Yupp he has the Thaler card. I know in future not to start any contracts until I read a notice first.

I have that card.

Next quest for me is with Triss, and I believe there is a Gwent tourney as part of it, there are 3 cards to win.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have that card.

Next quest for me is with Triss, and I believe there is a Gwent tourney as part of it, there are 3 cards to win.

Indeed there is. Got pretty good cards from that, after getting the most stupidly overpowered deck three times in a row. Was pretty sweet :P

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Indeed there is. Got pretty good cards from that, after getting the most stupidly overpowered deck three times in a row. Was pretty sweet :P

I still play with a Northern Realms deck, with the Siegemaster leader card.

I won the gwent tourney in novigrad with it. I was sure I would switch to a different deck at some stage, but I prefer this deck now with its spies and siege boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just landed in Skellige last night, nothing left in Valen that isnt a big feckin NOPE (level 18).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

So, this is good then. A few things I've learned:

White hair, weird eyes, and plenty of scars is apparently the way forward when it comes to getting tasty fanny.
    Witches are basically the supermodels of fantasy land, and learning how to make their clothes disappear seems to be the first thing they do.
    Horses are scared of gates, fences, trees, and sometimes even robust flowers.
    Swimming with drowners is like swimming with dolphins, danger zone style.
    Swimming in general is the hardest thing to master, ever.
    Killing bears is easy but jumping 3ft down a mini cliff means instant death.
    There is no such thing as bricks that aren't red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

How's your card collection?

Completed it the other night.

Arinbjorn innkeeper isn't a big unfortunately though; he's just pissed cause you murdered the two boys. You need to talk to him before completing The Phantom of Eldberg. They may patch it similar to the Prologue innkeeper, but there's no guarantee.

GodlessM wrote: »
    You need to talk to him before completing The Phantom of Eldberg. They may patch it similar to the Prologue innkeeper, but there's no guarantee.

Yeah didn't mean bug as such but felt like I was punished for exploring an area on my own.

Missing about half of the Monster deck but I always stick to the North deck, just like Freeze, I rely on siegemaster, spies and hero cards, only lose with a really bad draw of the cards.

Yeah didn't mean bug as such but felt like I was punished for exploring an area on my own.

Missing about half of the Monster deck but I always stick to the North deck, just like Freeze, I rely on siegemaster, spies and hero cards, only lose with a really bad draw of the cards.

Yeah that's unfortunately common. Half of the bugs in the game sure are caused by not doing a quest progression in an exact order.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Cina wrote: »
    Witches are basically the supermodels of fantasy land, and learning how to make their clothes disappear seems to be the first thing they do.

Interesting thing about the Witcher lore that not many people know. The Sorceresses (they 'aint witches) use magic to look beautiful. Other than that I did enjoy your "Will hate this game no matter what because.." rant.

mewso wrote: »
    Interesting thing about the Witcher lore that not many people know. The Sorceresses (they 'aint witches) use magic to look beautiful. .

It evens know Yennefer doing this in the opening cinematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Finished the main questline on Saturday, still had a load of contracts, treasure hunts and '?' on the map, but it feels kinda detached without the main story and characters to keep things ticking.

Installed a few mods and am gonna start a new save and tinker with the console. Such massive scope in this world, can't get enough of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Crafted the Griffon gear, armor and swords etc. Very happy with myself until I literally opened the first chest after and found a much better steel sword! I really want to use Witcher gear....but just couldn't justify using my newly crafted sword when I had such a better one available.

I guess I should just hold onto them for the enhanced versions?

I've probably spent the past 8-10 hours just clearing "? off the map in Velen, and doing side quests and contracts. Loving it! I guess I should progress the main quest-line a bit soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Just downloaded it. Couldn't wait to get my hands on a physical copy. Working now til 10 tonight so gonna try and get a few hours in.

Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

interactive map for Skellige from the same guy that did the one for Velen and Novigrad
    http://witcher3map.com/s/#2/-28.3/-22.5

Velen and Novigrad
    http://witcher3map.com/v/#3/60.00/-5.00

and White Orchard
    http://witcher3map.com/w/#3/-65.00/-65.00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Can all monster lairs be destroyed? I worked my way through one last night that was a big cave that I didn't seem to be able to blow up like the smaller ones in the first area. Do the monsters come back If you don't destroy it?

interactive map for Skellige from the same guy that did the one for Velen and Novigrad

Brilliant, I had no idea where the card players were on Skellige.

Velen and Novigrad
    http://witcher3map.com/v/#3/60.00/-5.00

and White Orchard
    http://witcher3map.com/w/#3/-65.00/-65.00

Very handy, thanks for that.

Any word on 1.05 for the PC and 1.04 for the consoles? I am still running 1.03 on the console which means the guy in white orchard is still not selling the cards that I missed in the area.

Seems it was patched into 1.04 that the merchant sells 4 cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

weiland79 wrote: »
    Can all monster lairs be destroyed? I worked my way through one last night that was a big cave that I didn't seem to be able to blow up like the smaller ones in the first area. Do the monsters come back If you don't destroy it?

One on the other side of Hangmans tree I cant find/blow. Monster havent come back but the game says they will until its blown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Do the official forums load properly? The last few weeks all I get is a half loaded page with a black background.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

What I would love to see (maybe it will have to be modders that do it) is map icons that look less Ubisoft and more like Geralt drew them on the map with a pencil.

• Advertisement

weiland79 wrote: »

Nests can, dens cant.

Advertisement