Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

CD Project Red have just confirmed that there is no level cap in this, so you can in theory max out all skills but it's going to take alot of grinding once you complete everything. People are now asking for a new game+ mode.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Considering how little you get from killing monsters, it'd probably take years. I would like a few extra points though, as i've still not gotten to the 3rd tier of any abilities yet...i dabble way too much.

Will be good for the future expansion packs though i guess.

Do you actually get XP from killing monsters?

I'm at level 20 now - no idea how far I'm actually into the game storywise, but the contract missions are starting to get a little repetitive.

- Go here and talk to this person
    - This person will tell you to talk to someone else that has witnessed something
    - Go talk to that person, who tells you where to look
    - Go to area, use Witcher's senses to follow footprints/blood/smell
    - Find place, kill beast, take trophy and return to collect reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Do you actually get XP from killing monsters?

I'm at level 20 now - no idea how far I'm actually into the game storywise, but the contract missions are starting to get a little repetitive.

- Go here and talk to this person
    - This person will tell you to talk to someone else that has witnessed something
    - Go talk to that person, who tells you where to look
    - Go to area, use Witcher's senses to follow footprints/blood/smell
    - Find place, kill beast, take trophy and return to collect reward.

Lol :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You get a tiny amount per kill as far as i remember.

And i agree that the contracts are pretty repetitive. Same with Treasure Hunts (bar the odd one). The sidequests are still great though, which is fine by me. The contracts are just for money, and the treasure hunts are for Witcher sets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I came across a level 33 quest last night, I'm level 4. It's actually going to take me a life time to level up. I have 4 week old baby and trying to fit a gaming session longer than a half hour long without a. having to change a sh!tty nappy or b) falling asleep with the controller in my hands is nigh on impossible.

Any tips for leveling up?

weiland79 wrote: »
    I came across a level 33 quest last night, I'm level 4. It's actually going to take me a life time to level up. I have 4 week old baby and trying to fit a gaming session longer than a half hour long without a. having to change a sh!tty nappy or b) falling asleep with the controller in my hands is nigh on impossible.

Any tips for leveling up?

Complete side quests, complete witcher quests, complete main story quests.

One thing I absolutely love about this is the way that enemies don't level up with you - it's really annoying when other games do that. It's so satisfying when you're walking around and bandits attack you, who are level 6, and you just destroy them. Also the fact that there's some that you absolutely should not go near - earlier I came across a level 30 monster and I'm level 20. Tried killing it - got it down to half way before it destroyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

CD Project Red have just confirmed that there is no level cap in this, so you can in theory max out all skills but it's going to take alot of grinding once you complete everything. People are now asking for a new game+ mode.

Dont see any reason to max out all skills though as you can only equip 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

There isn't a reason to max out anything even under the most hardcore kind of playthroughs. It would just be for the challenge and nerdyness. It's nice to know there's no level cap.

Any sign of the DLC ? Not seeing anything on the Xbox store :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I think you get something silly low like 1 xp per monster kill once you're 6 levels above, so in theory, unless you had absolutely nothing else to do, you'd never go up in levels just through that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

The little to no XP per kill is a good move by CD I think. It stops people from grinding respawnable mobs just so you can be X levels above the quests making the game to easy. Instead CD wanted the player focusing on the games story and side quests. While it is nice to run into an area later in the game and butcher all around you, I think you would soon get bored, the game is challenging and I think that is its greatest strength. I think they got the balance just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

If you sell one of the Witcher contracts in your inventory, will it fail? I want to sell off all the books and contracts in my inventory to clear up space.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

J. Marston wrote: »
    If you sell one of the Witcher contracts in your inventory, will it fail? I want to sell off all the books and contracts in my inventory to clear up space.

The contract quest goes into your quest log once you read it so selling it shouldn't make any difference

J. Marston wrote: »

Generally best practice to make a save before doing something or at the start of a mission and several separate ones during incase you don't like the outcome. Books though really don't use much weight but are annoying that you have to scroll passed then to equip bombs etc.

Have to I love the rock trolls in this always good for chuckles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Any sign of the DLC ? Not seeing anything on the Xbox store :confused:

They're available to download now.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They're available to download now.

Mmmmm see them, can click to get it and it goes through the usual but they don't seem to be queueing. When I go back just says install on the store. I'll try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

just done the mission

spoiler just incase

mission name below

baldmountain

feels like im coming to the end roughly how long have i got left ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dev posted on twitter that they are still working on patch 1.05 and can't give a release date yet. Sounds like they are testing it out. Meanwhile in console land, we're still waiting on 1.04 which was submitted to Sony and MS a week ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Just played about 3 or 4 hours tonight. Fück so many quests done.
    Just about to start my play to flush out Dudu, then find Dandelion, then visit Triss & then go in search of Phillipa after that I guess....LOL
    Didn't get enough done tonight I guess :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Have to I love the rock trolls in this always good for chuckles :D

The one in Velen is called Trololo. :P

ERG89 wrote: »
    Just played about 3 or 4 hours tonight. Fück so many quests done.
    Just about to start my play to flush out Dudu, then find Dandelion, then visit Triss & then go in search of Phillipa after that I guess....LOL
    Didn't get enough done tonight I guess :rolleyes:

Do the
    Philipa one first before going near triss
    don't do the turn in at the end of it for the time being and go see
    Triss
    or better still
    Yennefer
    there is a little better pay off if you do that way in terms of dialogue you might get from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I managed to cap this http://fat.gfycat.com/JointUglyBadger.webm before lame shadowplay started CTD'ing the game. I think I'll get back to it once the newest updates are out but they probably won't fix SP problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bloody baron and hunting a witch,if I do one will it cancel out the other? Which should I do first ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Absolutely loving this!!

Little stuck though.. I'm trying to beat a Werewolf but the little **** regains health to fast for me to do damage.

I'm only lvl4 right now so maybe I should pop back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

They need to patch the potion of clearance being assigned to your food slot. In the middle of a fight, pressed the consumable button for a health item and got a message saying that all my ability points are available to use.

Question about the Baron Card
    I saved his wife and he is off trying to get her healed. There is a red X beside the quest to win the card off the Baron. How am I going to get this card now or is it even possible?

I am on Console so still running patch 1.03.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

logik wrote: »
    Question about the Baron Card
    I saved his wife and he is off trying to get her healed. There is a red X beside the quest to win the card off the Baron. How am I going to get this card now or is it even possible?

I am on Console so still running patch 1.03.

Same happened me. I automatically got the card so check your deck for Sigmund Dijkstra a level 4 spy. if you dont have it, you should be able to find it on his desk in crows perch as well as a list of other players with unique cards.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Same happened me. I automatically got the card so check your deck for Sigmund Dijkstra a level 4 spy. if you dont have it, you should be able to find it on his desk in crows perch as well as a list of other players with unique cards.

Thanks mate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just noticed I was not getting XP for some quests or I just didn't see it coming up as it goes into a cutscene when some are complete.

No way I can stop playing and wait for the patch though.

Advertisement