Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Do you stop getting XP for all quests, or is it just quests that are 6 levels lower? I've not noticed it, but don't want to miss out on any juicy ability points.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Just noticed I was not getting XP for some quests or I just didn't see it coming up as it goes into a cutscene when some are complete.

No way I can stop playing and wait for the patch though.

You on PS4? It is a known issue alright but I have not had the problem yet. I am playing on the Xbox. The XP you would be losing would be marginal anyway as the quests would most likely be giving 25-50 XP.

Issue only arises on quests that are Grey in your log.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I'm on Xbox one.

I am level 18 and it was a level 14 quest I was turning in.

I'm on Xbox one.

I am level 18 and it was a level 14 quest I was turning in.

Very odd, I have no idea what is causing it but it will be fixed in the 1.04 patch whenever that is release. You could complete loads of quests but don't hand them in? Once the game is patched, hand them all in together and you will get the XP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I actually wouldn't mind if I had this XP bug right now. I'm trying to do all the quests I get from lowest to highest but then I'm usually 2-3 levels higher than the quest I'm doing.

Lvl 18 now and once I finish the Cabaret quest I should finally check out Skellige!

Would genuinely love to know how much time I've put into this.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't mind if I had this XP bug right now. I'm trying to do all the quests I get from lowest to highest but then I'm usually 2-3 levels higher than the quest I'm doing.

Lvl 18 now and once I finish the Cabaret quest I should finally check out Skellige!

Would genuinely love to know how much time I've put into this.

You on Xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Next time you take on a quest, look at your XP Level in the menu and how many XP points you have just before finishing the quest. Then look again after it. I noticed for some quests, it was showing no XP was received but checking my XP bar, I had actually got some.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Next time you take on a quest, look at your XP Level in the menu and how many XP points you have just before finishing the quest. Then look again after it. I noticed for some quests, it was showing no XP was received but checking my XP bar, I had actually got some.

I have also noticed this myself alright. We should expect the patch very very soon anyway, I think we will have it for the weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bloody baron and hunting a witch,if I do one will it cancel out the other? Which should I do first ?

Anyone?

Anyone?

No, you can do both. I completed them both. I think you have to as they are both linked.

They are both part of the main quest line.

• Advertisement

The linked quests can be a tad confusing.

You complete one and then see another completing too, that you had planned on doing next.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I woke up at 5:50 this morning & started playing this again :o
    I did the play and found Dudu to impersonate Menge....think I was horrendous in the play as I went down the comedy route :P
    but then got sidetracked doing a secondary quest with some guy who was already there ahead of me killing a bloodsucking monster, then we killed the guys who were meant to pay us which lead to another bloody brawl at a pub. I saved it there but now the guy (sorry forget his name) is just hanging outside the pub

ERG89 wrote: »
    I did the play and found Dudu to impersonate Menge....think I was horrendous in the play as I went down the comedy route :P
    but then got sidetracked doing a secondary quest with some guy who was already there ahead of me killing a bloodsucking monster, then we killed the guys who were meant to pay us which lead to another bloody brawl at a pub. I saved it there but now the guy (sorry forget his name) is just hanging outside the pub

Should have gone with the
    tragedy
    a
    mini riot
    ensues :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

logik wrote: »
    You on Xbox?

PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lambert? hes your mate, thats a good quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can anyone tell me if there is a point of no return in the main quest, if you can go back to side wtuff after finishing it and if so, am I close to that point?

I have
    recruited all brothers in arms except for Dijkstra (some gowl), Keira (killed her), Crach and girlie Crach (understandable they can't leave Skillige). Is it ever possible to recruit these people?

Anyway, just on my way to Misty Isles
    but it feels like point of no return.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Lambert?
    he's your mate, thats a good quest.
    That is his name **** I couldn't remember :pac:
    I left him at the pub but the where to go next quest marker is stuck on his location :confused: Hope its ok when I go home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

That is his name **** I couldn't remember :pac:
    I left him at the pub but the where to go next quest marker is stuck on his location :confused: Hope its ok when I go home this evening.

Think he is at the next marker its an odd one as it leaves you beside him.

Next DLC has some Gwent related stuff..not sure what, but GWENT!! :D

Kiith wrote: »

Nice, very nice.

• Advertisement

Some new tournaments would be nice, where you can win the random cards.

Apparently there's a new game+ as well, according to the game files released in the new DLC.

And the Gwent DLC is called 'Ballad Heroes' Neutral Gwent Card Set.

Apparently there's a new game+ as well, according to the game files released in the new DLC.

And the Gwent DLC is called 'Ballad Heroes' Neutral Gwent Card Set.

This wont be a free DLC surely?

This wont be a free DLC surely?

All weekly DLC is free.

The 2 major add ons are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Can I sell the trophies I got from the Witcher contracts that I'm no longer using?

Annoying me that they have been sitting in my inventory for so long.

Can I sell the trophies I got from the Witcher contracts that I'm no longer using?

Ya, they have so little effect, I just keep selling them.

It seems to auto equip the latest one anyways, even if its not as good as the last one you had equipped.

All weekly DLC is free.

The 2 major add ons are not.

Can I still obtain the previous weeks DLC free?

Can I still obtain the previous weeks DLC free?

I'd say so.

That was a mission on Skellige and a new rather fetching outfit for Yennefer. Which she automatically appears to be wearing after that DLC is downloaded.

I didn't see any option to turn it back to the original. On XBOX.

Cheers, will take a look for these DLC later today. I have missed them all on Xbox so fingers crossed they are still there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'd say so.

That was a mission on Skellige and a new rather fetching outfit for Yennefer. Which she automatically appears to be wearing after that DLC is downloaded.

I didn't see any option to turn it back to the original. On XBOX.

Is there no option on the in-game DLC menu to turn it off, as the PC has?

Advertisement