Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Spear wrote: »
    Is there no option on the in-game DLC menu to turn it off, as the PC has?

Not while in game, I never checked at the main menu though. Too eager to get into the game I do be.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

There seems to be some confusion about the XP issue. Quests that are 6 levels or more below you (the grayed ones) will not grant you xp and this is by design. The bug is that some quests are not awarding xp when there isn't this gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mewso wrote: »
    There seems to be some confusion about the XP issue. Quests that are 6 levels or more below you (the grayed ones) will not grant you xp and this is by design. The bug is that some quests are not awarding xp when there isn't this gap.
    The quest where you get Junior Whoreson was it me or was that two quests that crossed paths and concluded in the one quest?
    I was sure I got a boatload of XP for that level in particular.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's an unofficial fix/mod that will grant all quests 200xp, which can help people with the fix. It does mean that quests that are 6 levels or more lower will give you XP as well though. Might work as a temporary solution for some people.

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/119/?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

ERG89 wrote: »
    The quest where you get Junior Whoreson was it me or was that two quests that crossed paths and concluded in the one quest?
    I was sure I got a boatload of XP for that level in particular.

Sorry can't really respond to spoilers as I'm not that far into game. But hey thanks to boards by quoting you I get to read your spoiler anyway and can say I don't know the quest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Very unlikely to buy a game at launch off CD ProjectRed again. I don't like paying to be a beta tester. Haven't played the game in over a week due to a quest bug.

This game is in a far better state than the first 2 games were when they first came out. I'm never that shocked when big open world games have bugs. It's just down to how quickly they get fixed really.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

This game is in a far better state than the first 2 games were when they first came out. I'm never that shocked when big open world games have bugs. It's just down to how quickly they get fixed really.

I can take bugs. I can't take bugs in a quest that is important for main story progression. I'd wonder what sort of testing they did, if that got through. You can get by in insignificant side quests, graphical bugs etc, main story stuff isn't cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

If it is by design then why are they patching it?

titan18 wrote: »
    I can take bugs. I can't take bugs in a quest that is important for main story progression. I'd wonder what sort of testing they did, if that got through. You can get by in insignificant side quests, graphical bugs etc, main story stuff isn't cool.

The amount of issues with the audio during cutscenes like distortion or end of sentences being cut off really cud not have been missed either. Shockingly bad how often i've seen it now. So bad I had to turn on subtitles as I was missing so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is this weeks DLC on the PS store yet? Can only see the Alternative look for Yennefer, Missing Miners contract, Temerian armour and haircuts in the add on section.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The amount of issues with the audio during cutscenes like distortion or end of sentences being cut off really cud not have been missed either. Shockingly bad how often i've seen it now. So bad I had to turn on subtitles as I was missing so much.

If you are using a PC, turn off turbo boost if you are using an Intel processor, I have not seen the cause being anything else and is a quite rare issue as regards dialogue being cut off.

I've had one crash/bug in 60 hours, so i'm quite happy with how they've released it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Well to be fair to CD they did say not to buy it or pre order until you were happy with what you heard.

GodlessM wrote: »
    If it is by design then why are they patching it?

Because as I said some quests are not giving xp when they should (when the level gap is less than 6). I mentioned it because many people online noticed they got no xp for these "grayed out" quests and thought it was a bug which it isn't.

Xenji wrote: »
    If you are using a PC, turn off turbo boost if you are using an Intel processor, I have not seen the cause being anything else and is a quite rare issue as regards dialogue being cut off.

Xbox one unfortunately so might be addressed in an upcoming patch. I'd say I get it in around 1/5 scenes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm back in 'ok, I'm liking this game again' mode, even if the sheer density of the map makes me feel a bit queasy tbh. One things I absolutely despise though: the bloody inventory system. It's a holy mess, with more micromanagement than a loot 'em up. Impossible to keep track of the sheer amount of crap in there, and what's useful and not (can you sell books by the way, or better to hold on to them?).

I'm back in 'ok, I'm liking this game again' mode, even if the sheer density of the map makes me feel a bit queasy tbh. One things I absolutely despise though: the bloody inventory system. It's a holy mess, with more micromanagement than a loot 'em up. Impossible to keep track of the sheer amount of crap in there, and what's useful and not (can you sell books by the way, or better to hold on to them?).

90% of it is crap :D

Sell the books after you read them unless they are quest items, even better dump them money isn't important if you have a few K on you. The rest should not add to weight much except gear, only keep greens or more useful things, don't bother picking up hides or sell them too.

To be honest though ..... I've been far too ocd and doing everything looking everywhere and I stopped having to care about inventory about 15-20 hours in when I got a saddle bag that let me carry 160 ..... 2.5 weeks later I'm level 20 and only doing the 1st story mission on Skellige which is level 13 :o What annoys me most about the inventory now is the lag switching between categories :mad:

This game is like skyrim in the lets see whats over here or what that map marker is only the side quests are way more detailed and distracting /Shakes fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

tzsDjNS.png

Just checked the new content to on. Still waiting on 1.05. Wanting to get back to this soon.

Started Death March. Some bits are okay. Ghouls are very annoying as they seem to have regenerate now, or at least I can't kill them as fast as before and so I have finally noticed. Can't really block Drowners as they only use power attacks so perfectly timed sidesteps are crucial. Humans are piss easy to take on though.
    Because as I said some quests are not giving xp when they should (when the level gap is less than 6). I mentioned it because many people online noticed they got no xp for these "grayed out" quests and thought it was a bug which it isn't.

The comments on the CDPR forums seem to me that the designer is claiming that that is the bug. In other words the bug is only effecting the greyed out quests for the most part with some cases of it spreading further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Xbox one unfortunately so might be addressed in an upcoming patch. I'd say I get it in around 1/5 scenes.

I would be un-installing the game and re-installing it on the Xbox mate. I have 60 hours in now, not one crash and not a single sound issue. My brothers are also playing Xbox one and have had zero issues.

Try re-installing it.

So last night I complete
    The Triss quest line and got her to stay with me for some hanky panky
    but in doing so I seem to have ended any chance to complete the below:

Statue quests (complete before Triss’s quests):

The Soldier Statuette
    The Nobleman Statuette

I think I have one of these complete already but I now have one stuck in my quest log that I am unable to complete.

Seems to be a few quests like this, they need to throw up some kind of warning box to say "if you continue, some quests cannot be complete later". Annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I have had no issues with bugs during my play-through so far. Biggest issue I had was when I first launched the game and it kept hanging on the first loading screen after the opening cut scene. Turns out I needed to be connected to the internet or something.

I understand how annoying it can be, but I make games and have done for many years, and I honestly don't think a lot of people understand how complex they are to make and test. You always see lines like "how could they have missed that?". Very easily actually - even if they have 100 people testing the game in their studio, if something only happens to 0.5% of players/situations then they could easily miss it. It is only when you suddenly have 2,000,000 people playing the game, and then you have 10,000 people with the problem that is really becomes apparent.
    Those 10,000 people will be more vocal than any others (people with issues will be on Twitter, Facebook, Forums etc) - and so the issues looks to be hugely widespread and affecting a large amount of players. When in fact it is only a very small minority.

Not trying to belittle the issues, but I have played games which have been far far worse in terms of issues than The Witcher 3. For such a large and complex game they have done a very good job, and have been very good at following up with patches to fix any problems.

logik wrote: »
    I would be un-installing the game and re-installing it on the Xbox mate. I have 60 hours in now, not one crash and not a single sound issue. My brothers are also playing Xbox one and have had zero issues.

Try re-installing it.

Worth a shot , it's happening frequently enough to be worth the effort.

Worth a shot , it's happening frequently enough to be worth the effort.

Yeah, would be something I would be trying. I can see how it would be very annoying. Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

logik wrote: »

Seems to be a few quests like this, they need to throw up some kind of warning box to say "if you continue, some quests cannot be complete later". Annoying!

Oh yeah, I remember shoing her the odd statue I picked up but never received a quest to get them. Dunno why he was showing them to her. Must have missed that.

As for King Radovid, last I did was rescue
    Thaler
    but haven't heard anything since. My next main quest is Misty Isles which I take it will close out a lot of quests. Anyone know if I can still trigger the Radovid quest line?

Logic, you can finish them later.

Sheehy, you haven't missed anything on that front. It plays itself out, though you do have to make specific choices in some of what is to come. Just make sure you have any secondary quests involving main characters done before you accept the save for Isle of Mists.

I found myself getting a bit burned out with Novigrad, so really enjoying it again now that i went to Skellige. Great area, with some amazing looking scenery.

I also have that 2nd statue quest, which i can't complete anymore as Triss
    left on the boat with the other mages
    . Kind of annoying having it there, but as i doubt i'll clear all my quests anyway, it's not a big deal. I also have a failed quest, from earlier in the game. That hurts :P
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    As for King Radovid, last I did was rescue
    Thaler
    but haven't heard anything since. My next main quest is Misty Isles which I take it will close out a lot of quests. Anyone know if I can still trigger the Radovid quest line?
    That comes later on as far as i know. I did the same quest recently, and haven't seen the follow on just yet.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Logic, you can finish them later.

Sheehy, you haven't missed anything on that front. It plays itself out, though you do have to make specific choices in some of what is to come. Just make sure you have any secondary quests involving main characters done before you accept the save for Isle of Mists.

Ah thanks, good to know I can still complete them later on.

• Advertisement

Also, this really is one of the best games I've ever played. Definitely into my all time top 5.

Advertisement