Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wow I'm on level 16 & I cannot do that Jenny of the Woods contract. She kicks my ass. I just gave up and did the Elusive Thief one instead

ERG89 wrote: »
    Wow I'm on level 16 & I cannot do that Jenny of the Woods contract. She kicks my ass. I just gave up and did the Elusive Thief one instead

I got an arse kicking around then too think i was lvl 14/15 and it's a level 10 quest. Came back at 20 and she was no picnic even with enhance spector oil.

Playing on death march with the upgraded cat gear which is the best I can use at level 20 she still put up one hell of a fight and really packed a punch. What gave me trouble was having use yerden and swap back to quen and then trying to keep her in the trap. Got her in the end but I seriously think they got the level wrong for that one :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jenny isn't too bad once you know her patterns, and kill her duplicates quickly. She regens really quickly when they are up, so you need to take them out asap. Then just Yrden to make her visible, or one of the bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

She is very very easy. You just need to use the trap and once she is in the circle she becomes humanish and you and kick her ass. Re lay the trap and repeat. She will go down very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Use the magic trap constantly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

and moon dust

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

tok9 wrote: »

This plus a million for all of that type of wraith hint: There are many more :D

Trap, stay on the edge of the trap and hit he with a fast attacked followed by 2 strong, then dodge the charge. Repeat 4 times or so and your done. I have the secondary trap which is cool as it blasts them and stuns them for a triple hit.

Also choose the battleground, dont let enemies pick it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

tok9 wrote: »

It's Yrden you filthy casual! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yrden trouble now Tok! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The easiest way to do the Jenny In The Woods contract is run away as soon as you see her splitting into spectres, once you are far enough away she will fuse again, then go back lay the magic trap and repeat till she is dead, should take only about 2 minutes and it will stop her healing.

• Advertisement

The Calm Before The storm quest :eek:

No no no no no no no theres just no unseeing that.

Bet not many chose the
    wrap yourself in a towel
    choice and then left disappointed when
    Ciri
    still had the bandages on.

A new 505 MB update is downloading now for the PS4.
    THE WITCHER 3 - UPDATE 1.04/1.05 NOTES
    Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
    General stability and performance improvements Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
    Improved camera smoothness
    Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
    Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
    Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
    Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
    Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
    Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
    Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
    Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
    Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
    Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
    Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
    Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
    Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
    Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
    Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
    Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
    Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
    Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

ps4 patch 1.04 changelog
    08tBEEl.jpg
    grq3Ly7.jpg

The low level xp bug will not be fixed till next week.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Patch 1.05 out for PC too.

Loaded up the game when the patch installed, it told me additional content has been added and check the tutorial, nothing is showing up as new though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Could they update the background image of the PS4 theme to anything except a Swamp Hag's with saggy magumbos. :D
    Just made it to Skellige Isle..forgot how hot Yennifer was :o
    I think I did everything in Novigrad last story mission was killing the Mortician/Higher Vampire who attacked Priscilla but I didn't meet up with Triss. Was I right not to?

1.05 (PC) patch notes
    • Fixes a possible exploit by preventing certain drowners from respawning infinitely.
    • Improves the distribution of experience points gained by completing quests with recommended levels lower than the player character level.
    • Merchants now offer more weapon types.
    • Rebalances the prices of maps that can be purchased from merchants.
    • Clarifies a number of crafting diagrams.
    • Fixes an exploit whereby players could buy sea shells and sell the pearls inside them at a higher price.
    • Increases the variety of loot dropped throughout the game.
    • Increases the variety of items available in shops.
    • Shops now only offer weapons with levels matching or exceeding the player character level.
    • Slightly reduces the amount of coin dropped from chests and monsters.
    • Deploys the Bovine Defense Force Initiative.
    • Fixes an issue where runestones could not be upgraded to greater runestones.
    • Reduces the spawn time of selected groups of NPCs.
    • Geralt no longer interacts with candles placed near chests and other openable objects.
    • Improves the smoothness of camera movement.
    • Fixes a number of issues related to horseback riding.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not deflect arrows/bolts at longer distances.
    • Introduces a number of fixes in in-game communities.
    • Introduces a number of fixes related to combat.
    • Vitality begins to drop if Toxicity exceeds 80%, as originally intended.
    • Fixes an issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach.
    • Improves Geralt's movement, especially when he swims.
    • Fixes an issue whereby Geralt could be attached to a sinking boat while aiming his crossbow.
    • Fixes a number of issues related to Vitality regeneration.
    • Fixes an issue whereby certain actions could be randomly blocked during gameplay.
    • Fixes a rare issue whereby Geralt could not mount Roach after fast travelling between points.
    • Fixes a number of minor tooltip and wording bugs.
    • Adds a series of color-blind friendly features. Improves visibility of tracks, marks, footprints and scent clues. Color-blind friendly features can be enabled in the Options\Gamplay submenu.
    • Introduces a number of additional fixes to alt + tabbing.
    • Fixes an issue where The Witcher 3 process did not close properly if the user did not have XAUDIO installed.
    • Introduces a number of general stability and performance improvements.
    • Fixes an issue where in certain situations the game could crash while a save was being loaded.
    • Adds some missing translations in localized versions.
    • Ciri can no longer unlock fast travel points.
    • Improves the behavior of sails when viewed from longer distances.
    • Improves performance in selected scenes and cutscenes.
    • Fixes an issue where clouds and fog could flicker on some hardware configurations.
    • Fixes an issue where Geralt could pass through walls in the fish market in Novigrad.
    • Removes repeated sound cues on entry into GUI panels a second time.
    • Adds a collision near Kaer Gelen that could cause the player to be blocked inside the building.
    • Improves the scale of selected elements of the GUI and HUD.
    • Introduces a number of bug fixes and user experience improvements in the GUI panels.
    • Introduces a number of small changes in the UI for gwent.
    • Improves the alignment of the HUD for the 21:9, 4:3 and 5:4 screen ratios.
    • Disables "Input device changed" messages and adds options to disable on-screen combat feedback and floating tags above NPCs.
    • Adds an information prompt and Journal entries related to new DLC packages.
    • Fixes an issue where some formulae were not displayed in the Alchemy panel when the player possessed level 1 of said formulae.
    • Introduces a number of fixes in key bindings.
    • Introduces new filters for the Alchemy and Crafting panels.
    • Fixes a number of minor issues where music tracks were not triggered in their designated locations.
    • Fixes an issue where some players could not interact with an object during the Pyres of Novigrad quest.
    • Fixes an issue where some players could not make Geralt run after the Wandering in the Dark quest.
    • Fixes an issue where players could not talk to Octo after the Lord of Undvik quest.
    • Reduces the number of Wild Hunt minions spawned during the Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
    • Fixes an issue where Keira could sometimes fall beneath the terrain during the Wandering in the Dark quest.
    • Fixes an issue where certain actions were blocked during the Blindingly Obvious quest.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not activate a portal during the Wandering in the Dark quest.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could get trapped in the ruins of Tuirseach Castle.
    • Geralt can now always play gwent with Madame Serenity.
    • Fixes an issue where Vernon Roche would not appear at the Hanged Man's Tree during the Eye for an Eye quest.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not talk or otherwise interact with certain NPCs.
    • Fixes an issue where the sirens in the Lord of Undvik quest could be invincible.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not perform certain actions after the Carnal Sins quest.
    • Fixes an issue where some players experienced an infinite loading screen during the King's Gambit quest.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could experience a progression break after choosing a certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in the Count Reuven's Treasure quest.
    • Fixes an issue where Simun did not spawn properly during the Unpaid Debt quest.
    • Fixes an issue in the Contract: The Oxenfurt Drunk quest where the katakan was not hostile after being lured.
    • Fixes an issue in the Contract: Shrieker quest where the shrieker was not hostile in certain situations.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not perform certain actions in the Master of the Arena quest.
    • Fixes an issue where wolves were not visible in the Contract: Mysterious Tracks quest.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not fast travel under certain rare circumstances.
    • Fixes an issue where the player could not interact with Hattori during the Swords and Dumplings quest.
    • The player can no longer take on the Apiarian Phantom contract multiple times.
    • Fixes an issue where some players could not progress during the Broken Flowers quest.
    • Fixes an issue whereby the "Novigrad, Closed City" entry might have remained in the Journal indefinitely.
    • Fixes an issue in the Return to Crookback Bog quest where monsters were spawned inside a building.
    • Players can no longer prematurely obtain a key from a halfling, thus blocking the Contract: The Apiarian Phantom quest.
    • Fixes an issue in the Greedy God quest where the player could kill a monster twice.
    • Adds fail-safes for players being unable to obtain gwent cards after Dijkstra or Lambert can no longer be found in the game.
    • Fixes an issue whereby Triss could get stuck on a set of stairs after a scene during the Now or Never quest.
    • Fixes an issue where Ermion could not leave Lugos' area during the Sunstone quest.

Could they update the background image of the PS4 theme to anything except a Swamp Hag's with saggy magumbos. :D
    Just made it to Skellige Isle..forgot how hot Yennifer was :o
    I think I did everything in Novigrad last story mission was killing the Mortician/Higher Vampire who attacked Priscilla but I didn't meet up with Triss. Was I right not to?

Not sure what the point of no return was but that could affect the 'Full Crew' Achievement
    Triss needs to be at Kaer Morhen
    but I think that is dependent on doing the Now or never quest. Which also opens up some others. So yes you are missing out.

You don't have to
    commit to Triss
    as far as I know but not doing those may lock you out of another sub-plot. Need to check that myself actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

So as long as you do Now of Never you can get Full Crew and complete the statue quests regardless of choices or outcome. I can confirm this 100%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The Calm Before The storm quest :eek:

No no no no no no no theres just no unseeing that.

Bet not many chose the
    wrap yourself in a towel
    choice and then left disappointed when
    Ciri
    still had the bandages on.

Console commands = ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

/creep

GodlessM wrote: »
    So as long as you do Now of Never you can get Full Crew and complete the statue quests regardless of choices or outcome. I can confirm this 100%.

Missed one of the statues during a dangerous game , was there any significant payoff with those?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's Yrden you filthy casual! :pac:
    Kirby wrote: »
    Yrden trouble now Tok! :p

Well aren't ye the cool kids! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Missed one of the statues during a dangerous game , was there any significant payoff with those?

None whatsoever. Just a quirky cutscene and a tiny amount of XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just had a go with the new patch on ps4. Opened world map and saw 'L3 - Jump to objective'. Is this new or was it always there? I'm some dope if it was always there, I'd be searching all over the map for a yellow circle wanting to zoom out further.

Also can confirm the merchant in White Orchard has 4 Gwent cards to buy, strangely I already had one of the unique ones, something dragon slayer. Must check if the patch made the Arnbjorn inkeeper talk to me but probably not.

Arnbjorn innkeeper talking to me and i now have his gwent cards, the hunt is back on. I f*cking love CDPR!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just had a go with the new patch on ps4. Opened world map and saw 'L3 - Jump to objective'. Is this new or was it always there? I'm some dope if it was always there, I'd be searching all over the map for a yellow circle wanting to zoom out further.

Always been there :D

Always been there :D

Aw man!

Just played broken flowers mission and finally got xp during the mission unlike last time. Once I reached level 17 during it, I only got 5XP instead of 135 for talking to one of the girls which is right as I am now 6 levels over the recommended level of mission

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

sheehy83 wrote: »

Always there.

Advertisement