Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bloody hell.. I intended to make my way to Skellige but then the Cabaret mission (plus missions from it) ended up taking so long that I kept going and getting distracted.

Even when I was going to head off I started the mission with the swordsmith in Novigrad (8 levels above me) and played high stakes too.

Regarding High Stakes
    Does it matter if you win or lose the tournament? Am I missing out in anything? I lost and just progressed the quest.

Tomorrow.. Skellige!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I played one game of Gwent......total.

Just not into it, now stabbing and setting fire to people and monsters i love. Only thing that annoys me is i finished 2 with a ****ing lethal fire sword, i really really want that back. I am 100 hours into 3 and have played 1 and 2 ( i get why i lost my awesome fire sword from 1) but its starting to annoy me that my fire sword from 2 is gone.

I still think the game knows I had it and at some point it will appear (its not in the stone :()

This is getting near OoT as best game ever :) if they give me back my sword.......

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tok9 wrote: »
    Regarding High Stakes
    Does it matter if you win or lose the tournament? Am I missing out in anything? I lost and just progressed the quest.

Tomorrow.. Skellige!

Just Gwent cards and 2 trophies, 1 for winning the tournament and 1 for collecting all gwent cards.

Think I finally came across the 1st IMO poorly done quest in the game "The Lord of Undvik " in Skelige. Poorly marked/very confusing optional objectives and it takes ages to get through following foot prints for far too long . Think in the end it clocked in at around 2 hours rescuing 1 of the optionals and failing the other.

Ah that's no big deal really. I like my trophies but I've progressed far enough that I don't think it's worth going back to a previous save.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I played one game of Gwent......total.

Just not into it, now stabbing and setting fire to people and monsters i love. Only thing that annoys me is i finished 2 with a ****ing lethal fire sword, i really really want that back. I am 100 hours into 3 and have played 1 and 2 ( i get why i lost my awesome fire sword from 1) but its starting to annoy me that my fire sword from 2 is gone.

I still think the game knows I had it and at some point it will appear (its not in the stone :()

This is getting near OoT as best game ever :) if they give me back my sword.......

Im not into either , very hard too understand it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just had a go with the new patch on ps4. Opened world map and saw 'L3 - Jump to objective'. Is this new or was it always there? I'm some dope if it was always there, I'd be searching all over the map for a yellow circle wanting to zoom out further.

Also can confirm the merchant in White Orchard has 4 Gwent cards to buy, strangely I already had one of the unique ones, something dragon slayer. Must check if the patch made the Arnbjorn inkeeper talk to me but probably not.

Dragon Hunters isnt unique; there are three of them. Sure their ability revolves around pairing up. The only rare card that people previous missed out on from White Orchard (I.e there was no duplicate) was one of the versions of Foltest. Hopefully they patched that onto the merchant too. Only remember this exactly because I just finished White Orchard on Death March today so had viewed those cards only a few hours ago.

Glad to see those of ye that mucked it up by murdering some fellas young lads can still get their trophy though :)

Still didn't patch the stupid horse race though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd echo the sentiments about Gwent. I'm here to be a witcher, not some sort of king of card games.

The fact that am playing hearthstone daily probably fill my desire for card games already.

tok9 wrote: »
    Ah that's no big deal really. I like my trophies but I've progressed far enough that I don't think it's worth going back to a previous save.

Decided this morning that last night me was talking nonsense and I want that trophy. :)

Priorities brah :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

So guys, what's the story with Gwent? Are there any rewards to it other than gold and cards? I don't really enjoy it too much and will skip it if I'm not missing out on too much.

So guys, what's the story with Gwent? Are there any rewards to it other than gold and cards? I don't really enjoy it too much and will skip it if I'm not missing out on too much.

Trophies and quests.

Well my games broken :mad:

Got hit with the infinite loading screen at the end of kings gambit, hope this is in the next patch for xbox.

For those who have not been / just got to skellige and want to stop it happening read on it's not a big spoiler at all but I'll still hide it
    Don't lose the fist fight with Lugon at the wake/feast when he insults Yen better still don't fight him at all

The arc itself is very long 3-4 hours so it was far too late for me to do anything even rotating the 10 save slots they give you, I was well passed being able to restart the entire arc.

The whole arc isn't bugged, just King's Gambit. And whereas there are theories on triggers, in practice it seems to be random who it hits, and not always continuously. Best keep a save before you start it; the quest itself is actually very short. Thing is though, patch 1.04 fixed it and that went out yesterday on PS4. Did it not also go out on XboX?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Update 1.05 is fun as feck

GodlessM wrote: »
    The whole arc isn't bugged, just King's Gambit. And whereas there are theories on triggers, in practice it seems to be random who it hits, and not always continuously. Best keep a save before you start it; the quest itself is actually very short. Thing is though, patch 1.04 fixed it and that went out yesterday on PS4. Did it not also go out on XboX?

Not out for Xbox until next week , wondering now as I have a save just before the reveal if I go off and do other stuff is there are point or main story quest that will fail/cancel that quest on me. Next story mission I have is Ugly Baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Absolutely loving this!!

Little stuck though.. I'm trying to beat a Werewolf but the little **** regains health to fast for me to do damage.

I'm only lvl4 right now so maybe I should pop back later.

Lvl 7 now and still not doing enough damage per hit to stop him.
    He regains like 50hp per second.

It's pretty interesting how much of an inspiration Ireland and Irish has on this game.

Not out for Xbox until next week , wondering now as I have a save just before the reveal if I go off and do other stuff is there are point or main story quest that will fail/cancel that quest on me. Next story mission I have is Ugly Baby.

So as long as you don't do Isle of Mists I think you are fine.

It's pretty interesting how much of an inspiration Ireland and Irish has on this game.

The pronunciation irks me and I'm no lover of the Irish language, the need to drop the ga from Skellige. Also i've seen it used a few times now as a kind of battle cry "tuirseach" and they pronounce it Two-Ear-Sha doesn't that mean tired ??? :pac: Like they googled irish words and found that one.

Also I'm sure the welsh don't like how they pronounce Cerys with an S instead of K sound

• Advertisement

Well its not actually Irish or welsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I got 2 fcuking fire swords!!!!!

Am now just setting people and monsters on fire, I knew the game would reward me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I got 2 fcuking fire swords!!!!!

Am now just setting people and monsters on fire, I knew the game would reward me :D

Igni masterrace. :pac:

GodlessM wrote: »
    Well its not actually Irish or welsh.

What isn't Cerys? It's very much a Welsh girls name. Meaning is similar to love I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Level 11 and only now do I find out that Roach can jump...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

The pronunciation irks me and I'm no lover of the Irish language, the need to drop the ga from Skellige. Also i've seen it used a few times now as a kind of battle cry "tuirseach" and they pronounce it Two-Ear-Sha doesn't that mean tired ??? :pac: Like they googled irish words and found that one.

Also I'm sure the welsh don't like how they pronounce Cerys with an S instead of K sound
    Were they bandits? Could it be "tabhair (an)seo / sin" as in give here or give that?

I like the wrongness of the pronunciation. It's set 700 or so years ago and languages change over time.

Evade wrote: »
    Were they bandits? Could it be "tabhair (an)seo / sin" as in give here or give that?

I like the wrongness of the pronunciation. It's set 700 or so years ago and languages change over time.

True enough but we've subs on here (herself isn't native english speaker so needs them in places) and was definitely spelt 'tuirseach' One instance I can think of was near the end of 'Carnal Sin' a Skelliger shouted it as he attacked.

I'm having a great time with this game. Like most RPG's its a shame so much of the armor is ugly though.

What isn't Cerys? It's very much a Welsh girls name. Meaning is similar to love I believe.

Sure, in the real world where Ireland and Wales exist. But its a Fantasy RPG where they probably don't; I'd say they can pronounce things however they want.

• Advertisement

I remeber earlier in the game Keira makes this off-hand quip about Yennifer treating Geralt like a dog. But it's actually true. Yennefer is a bitch. Triss for life! :D

Okay yen fans. Descend on me. :p

Advertisement