Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kirby wrote: »
    I remeber earlier in the game Keira makes this off-hand quip about Yennifer treating Geralt like a dog. But it's actually true. Yennefer is a bitch. Triss for life! :D

Okay yen fans. Descend on me. :p

Get him :mad:

The pronunciation irks me and I'm no lover of the Irish language, the need to drop the ga from Skellige. Also i've seen it used a few times now as a kind of battle cry "tuirseach" and they pronounce it Two-Ear-Sha doesn't that mean tired ??? :pac: Like they googled irish words and found that one.

Also I'm sure the welsh don't like how they pronounce Cerys with an S instead of K sound

Clan an Tuirseach, I believe, which was a clan on Skellige.

There was an Elf that said, "ceadmile", which is kind of funny because they probably heard "cead mile failte", but didn't realise that failte was the welcoming part and, instead, just say hundred thousand.

Got to Isle of Mists and got a message that you will be moving into an important place. Yada. In most games, like Fallout, this means that you're at the very end of the game and there's only an hour left. Nope. Still a load of side quests and huge story mission. Still not finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Clan an Tuirseach, I believe, which was a clan on Skellige.

There was an Elf that said, "ceadmile", which is kind of funny because they probably heard "cead mile failte", but didn't realise that failte was the welcoming part and, instead, just say hundred thousand.

Got to Isle of Mists and got a message that you will be moving into an important place. Yada. In most games, like Fallout, this means that you're at the very end of the game and there's only an hour left. Nope. Still a load of side quests and huge story mission. Still not finished.

Yeah but you get locked out of a lot, some of it permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone any idea when we will see the patch for xbox one? I had avoided the XP issue until yesterday but I have now missed nearly 2000 XP based on Secondary and Main quests, which would have me up another level and a bit. Very annoying and the fact I wont get that XP back has me playing Gwent only at the moment.

The patch has already been released for PS4 and PC.

Reading some of the forums over on CD some people are saying that the patch has not fixed the issue. Anyone running the new patch, is the issue sorted now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Exploring Skellige has been great after spending so much time in Novigrad.

And as usual there is just a ridiculous amount to do. I've literally just stumbled across a lighthouse with a suspicious looking mist and now I'm knee deep in that quest! :)

Also finished all the horse races. I'd advice CD against making a horse racing game. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I still have to get to Skellige :o

Logik, I lost more than 2k to the XP glitch and still finished the game at the covetes Level 35 without grinding. Dont worry too much.

Tok, grand for some; final horse race is still glitched for me.

tok9 wrote: »
    Exploring Skellige has been great after spending so much time in Novigrad.

And as usual there is just a ridiculous amount to do. I've literally just stumbled across a lighthouse with a suspicious looking mist and now I'm knee deep in that quest! :)

Also finished all the horse races. I'd advice CD against making a horse racing game. :P

The amount of times herself was screaming threats of a glue factory trip for roach at the screen here was gas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

GodlessM wrote: »
    Logik, I lost more than 2k to the XP glitch and still finished the game at the covetes Level 35 without grinding. Dont worry too much.

Tok, grand for some; final horse race is still glitched for me.

Cheers! I am level 21 and 1 quest into Act II so I have a long way to go still.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I have 10 Gwent cards left to get that are random wins from merchants. That's my goal before heading to misty isles. I only found the Nilf main camp in the south east of velen last night!

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I have 10 Gwent cards left to get that are random wins from merchants. That's my goal before heading to misty isles. I only found the Nilf main camp in the south east of velen last night!

There is a payoff from something you might have done at the very start of the game in that camp.
    If you gave Lena witcher potion in the herbalist hut you can meet a soldier there and find out what became of her

logik wrote: »
    Cheers! I am level 21 and 1 quest into Act II so I have a long way to go still.

Sounds about where I was.

There are a lot of merchants and smiths in Novigrad that you don't come across while questing. Mostly in the NW corner of the lower most island. That's where I got most of my random drops. There's also the very reclusive halfling alchemist. There are more players than cards in the game though, so you don't need to find everyone. May the cards be with you.

There is a payoff from something you might have done at the very start of the game in that camp.
    If you gave Lena witcher potion in the herbalist hut you can meet a soldier there and find out what became of her

Aaaahh i went back to check on her ages ago to find out the
    nilfs took her away,
    forgot all about her. Cool, will check that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

J. Marston wrote: »
    Level 11 and only now do I find out that Roach can jump...

Hold on he can jump???

Oh is there any way to avoid killing
    the farting trolls

They had names and I feel bad for having kill named ones as usually they are eh ..... gas :pac: /gets coat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

s.welstead wrote: »
    Hold on he can jump???

I find it to be extremely delayed response, though. Never manages to hop a fence on reaction when I want to. Always gotta buffer it and see it coming pretty far ahead. The horse riding needs some work overall, anyway.

The horse riding is probably the weakest aspect of the game, they will not even go over small bridges over streams.

Oh is there any way to avoid killing
    the farting trolls

They had names and I feel bad for having kill named ones as usually they are eh ..... gas :pac: /gets coat

I think you avoid it, yes.

As dodgy as the horse controls are, it's dead handy just holding x and Roach will follow the road.

Also, just a random gem, I ran past the guards outside the sauna in Novigrad. One guard farted which was funny enough but then he bursts out laughing at his own fart. Just class.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

As usual I've done an absolute tonne of quests today, Level 23 now and I'm still only on Act 1!

I've only a few secondary quests left in Skellige. I want to finish all the ones close to my level along with the contracts before moving on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finally exchanged all my Florens and Orens. Got back about 2000 crowns!

Blazed through a bit of Death March to get the last horse race in Skellige (the one that is glitches in my first game), beat it, and the trophy didn't pop. Seems you have to beat all the races in a single play through, not across multiples.

I've said it once and I'll say it again; the witcher has one of the worst map systems ever. Half the time the trail doesn't work and it's next to retarded when you're in a cave or anywhere underground. I'm stuck in a cave, with no trail to show me out, and, of course, there's no map of the cave bar the mini map, which is next to useless.

Had my first big glitch today, ended up getting stuck in a fence with a young boy in a dickensian accent asking me would I be his boyfriend on a constant loop.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Blazed through a bit of Death March to get the last horse race in Skellige (the one that is glitches in my first game), beat it, and the trophy didn't pop. Seems you have to beat all the races in a single play through, not across multiples.

That was our achievement for tonight. That line is not without it's glitches. Had to reload 3 times to get race 7 and the invite from cleaver and reload that race 2 more times as the other times we won and ran passed the finish and it didn't register/conclude. The rest were ok but there was another were the last race quest giver wouldn't be there we managed to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

How have people used their ability points?

I stupidly put all mine towards attack and neglected alchemy so haven't delved into that yet.

25 hours of gaming and still only level 6.

As dodgy as the horse controls are, it's dead handy just holding x and Roach will follow the road.

Also, just a random gem, I ran past the guards outside the sauna in Novigrad. One guard farted which was funny enough but then he bursts out laughing at his own fart. Just class.

I didn't even know that was a thing. I'm play on KB/M but I guess playstation players are used to pressing X for the game to play its self :pac:

But seriously I don't know what key it is.
    Thepoet85 wrote: »
    How have people used their ability points?

I stupidly put all mine towards attack and neglected alchemy so haven't delved into that yet.

25 hours of gaming and still only level 6.

Igni, Quen, Adreanline now working on strong attack.

Melt the armour, recover health with Quen if need be, build up unstoppable adrenaline for damage multiplier. All the DPS I need.

I also maxed Axii for dialogues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I didn't even know that was a thing. I'm play on KB/M but I guess playstation players are used to pressing X for the game to play its self :pac:

But seriously I don't know what key it is.
    X is the run button on Playstation.

Evade wrote: »
    X is the run button on Playstation.

So I just need to stop pressing directional buttons. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only getting too novigard now , level 10

Advertisement