Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Just got screwed out of the all gwent cards achievement as I can't interact with the inn keeper in Arinbjorn. For anyone who hasn't done Contract: The Phantom of Eldberg go and buy the card from him asap before you complete that contract :mad:

New patch changed it so he will apparently, so I take it you are on Xbox?

Where can I find devourers blood?
    Do I find it or break something down?

Kill a Devourer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

GodlessM wrote: »
    Kill a Devourer.

Oh, right... Yeah, well... Shut up...

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Finally finished the game a little while ago, and what a great ending.
    I've put over 80 hours in this one and I have enjoyed every minute of it, combat was an annoyance at first, but I realised that was largely me needing to change up my play style a bit.

Problem is, I now want to play the first game. GF has a copy of the Witcher: Enhanced Edition, but I have no disk drive on my PC so can't install it. Is there a safe and legitimate place to download it, where I can just type in the key I have?

GOG should allow you to. However, if combat was an annoyance in this, prepare yourself for combat in the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got screwed out of the all gwent cards achievement as I can't interact with the inn keeper in Arinbjorn. For anyone who hasn't done Contract: The Phantom of Eldberg go and buy the card from him asap before you complete that contract :mad:

Same happened to me. He talked to me again after patch 1.04 on ps4. All is not lost :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finished main story level 36, tad disappointed with the end ending. But in fairness the others have ended in similiar way.
    I hope the 2 DLC are 1: Ciri in White Frost land and 2: Geralt afterwards. The previous games have started literally hours after the ending of the previous one

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Same happened to me. He talked to me again after patch 1.04 on ps4. All is not lost :)

Great to hear !!!! Caught another potential card loss just in the nick of time, was reading up on that one and noticed many also mentioning the claywitch merchant, luckily I hadn't done that one yet and managed to get those without issue (he had 6 in total)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Great to hear !!!! Caught another potential card loss just in the nick of time, was reading up on that one and noticed many also mentioning the claywitch merchant, luckily I hadn't done that one yet and managed to get those without issue (he had 6 in total)

Where is he/her?

logik wrote: »
    Where is he/her?

Just south/south east of crows perch there is a bridge that leads to a big island surrounded by water with a ? on it. It has a bandit camp and a person in distress on it. Thats the merchant, his village is west of there.

Issue with it seems to be either the key not dropping from the bandit leader or him (the merchant) not making it back to the village.

Regarding the Clayditch merchant; he is only a random drop so doesnt matter if you miss him.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Finished main story level 36, tad disappointed with the end ending. But in fairness the others have ended in similiar way.
    I hope the 2 DLC are 1: Ciri in White Frost land and 2: Geralt afterwards. The previous games have started literally hours after the ending of the previous one

You will be disappointed from what they have released about the DLCs. And I dont think either of those things would be possible anyway based on the ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

can't remember if this has been posted already but here is an interactive gwent card checklist
    http://gwentcards.com/checklist.html

GodlessM wrote: »
    Regarding the Clayditch merchant; he is only a random drop so doesnt matter if you miss him.

The card for playing him is random but he also sells 5 cards 2/3 of which can only be obtained from him I believe, like Puttkammer and Sweers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

can't remember if this has been posted already but here is an interactive gwent card checklist
    http://gwentcards.com/checklist.html

I'll be using this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Played over 26 hours of the game and I only feel that I'm coming to terms with the enormity of the game. Never played the first two so it's taking time to get a hang of the combat and potions etc. Loving it so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question - But i'm honestly just trying to see how big this game is. I finished the bloody barons missions, and i'm just getting started with the Triss missions - and i'm doing whatever quests, my level allows (12). And there are a good few notice boards i havent checked yet. Anyone who has completed the game - would i be roughly 30-40% done?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question - But i'm honestly just trying to see how big this game is. I finished the bloody barons missions, and i'm just getting started with the Triss missions - and i'm doing whatever quests, my level allows (12). And there are a good few notice boards i havent checked yet. Anyone who has completed the game - would i be roughly 30-40% done?

No chance. You are likely to be around 7-8% done on the game. If you are talking about Act I of the game then you may be just over half way through the Act.

Give you an example. I am just under 80 hours into the game and I am 34% complete. That is with a load of side quests and contracts complete. I am just 1 mission into Act II. The game is massive.

last week's DLC is finally on EU PSN store

Nilfgaardian Armor Set

Elite Crossbow Set

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Just south/south east of crows perch there is a bridge that leads to a big island surrounded by water with a ? on it. It has a bandit camp and a person in distress on it. Thats the merchant, his village is west of there.

Issue with it seems to be either the key not dropping from the bandit leader or him (the merchant) not making it back to the village.

Crap, I noticed that I couldn't find a key the few times I passed there alrite.

I freed a few people in other areas, no idea where they stroll off to, to go meet them again and buy anything off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

logik wrote: »
    No chance. You are likely to be around 7-8% done on the game. If you are talking about Act I of the game then you may be just over half way through the Act.

Give you an example. I am just under 80 hours into the game and I am 34% complete. That is with a load of side quests and contracts complete. I am just 1 mission into Act II. The game is massive.

Awesome - thanks dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Found a savage strong silver sword in a blacksmiths but didn't have enough cash so tried to sell him stuff but he didn't have enough cash to buy my cap. Went away and came straight back with the cash but the sword was gone. Are these random? Is the only way to get better gear to craft it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CptMackey wrote: »
    Found a savage strong silver sword in a blacksmiths but didn't have enough cash so tried to sell him stuff but he didn't have enough cash to buy my cap. Went away and came straight back with the cash but the sword was gone. Are these random? Is the only way to get better gear to craft it.

Every better sword I had, I found usually after beating some montrosity.

Creafted 1 and it was 12 levels above me so didnt bother doing that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Is anyone else disappointed with the cross bow? I find myself barely using it at all. Its too hard to get a good aim and the bolts dont do a great deal of damage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Is anyone else disappointed with the cross bow? I find myself barely using it at all. Its too hard to get a good aim and the bolts dont do a great deal of damage

Explosive bolts are handy against tough monsters when you run out of bombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Use it while both swords are sheathed for much more damage. I've not spec'd into it, but it can be useful for aerial monsters / knockbacks / finishing off a low HP target.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Its just for defending yourself underwater tbh but yeah your right I never use it.
    I completed the first big quest on Skellige quest where you get the
    Mask of Uroboros
    & then
    I killed the werewolf and just brought Craven back to life.....how far am I in to the game
    Anyone know how far i'm into the game.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's to a much lesser extent similar to the gun in Bloodborne.

I usually use it to take down flying beasts and then go in with the sword.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Keep it handy nevertheless. It seems to handily kill underwater things, and is great for downing flying irritations like sirens/harpies, rather than waiting for them to swoop.

Open letter from co-founder of CD Projekt. Also it has been announced that 4 million copies were sold in two weeks
    Dear Gamers,

May 19th was a crucial date for all of us here at CD PROJEKT RED -- we released The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, our open world role-playing game that we had been hard at work on for over 3 years. Since day one, you have given us tons of positive feedback and support -- the sheer volume of emails we’ve gotten since launch simply congratulating us for our efforts is both epic and heartwarming, and I wish every developer comes to have such a fantastic community. In terms of media reception, we’re really humbled by the scores the game has received all around the world. With an average of 90+ on every platform, Wild Hunt is our dream coming true.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank the four million gamers worldwide who bought The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in the first two weeks from launch. Four million RPG fans spending their hard-earned money on our game is a sign that we did something right, and you can be sure that we’ll harness all that positive energy and make the upcoming expansions worthy of the grand adventure that you’re telling us Wild Hunt already is! Until then, keep on enjoying Wild Hunt, do not forget to grab your weekly set of free DLCs, and stay tuned for constant updates and enhancement to the game we are continuously working on.

Dandelion once said to Geralt that the world is changing, the sun is setting, and vodka’s running out -- go, play, and have fun!

All the best,
    Marcin Iwiński
    Co-founder, CD PROJEKT RED

http://thewitcher.com/news/view/1056

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Finally finished the game a little while ago, and what a great ending.
    I've put over 80 hours in this one and I have enjoyed every minute of it, combat was an annoyance at first, but I realised that was largely me needing to change up my play style a bit.

Problem is, I now want to play the first game. GF has a copy of the Witcher: Enhanced Edition, but I have no disk drive on my PC so can't install it. Is there a safe and legitimate place to download it, where I can just type in the key I have?

Register your key here https://www.gog.com/witcher/backup and the game will be added to your GOG library.

• Advertisement

Xbox One patch finally up :)

Advertisement