Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Xbox One patch finally up :)

Frankly I'd rather still be on 1.03

With every patch the console version gets less beautiful. And no real performance gains that I noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Spear wrote: »
    Keep it handy nevertheless. It seems to handily kill underwater things, and is great for downing flying irritations like sirens/harpies, rather than waiting for them to swoop.

Also shoots them right in the face when they cling onto your boat. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is anyone else disappointed with the cross bow? I find myself barely using it at all. Its too hard to get a good aim and the bolts dont do a great deal of damage

If you lock on and just tap the fire button, its nearly always a hit.

If I had to pick between this and Dragon Age: Inquisition for a better experience, then I would have to go with DA:I. The former game just had a much more epic feeling to it and just seemed so much more grander.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

DA:I was grander, in that the story was actually about saving the world from the get go. Witcher 3 is a more personal story, with Geralt trying to save Ciri while the world goes on about them (i'm still only on act 1, so this may change). But the Witcher 3 tells the story in a better way in my opinion. Also, it's side quests are far superior to DA:I.

I absolutely love both of them though.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    DA:I was grander, in that the story was actually about saving the world from the get go. Witcher 3 is a more personal story, with Geralt trying to save Ciri while the world goes on about them (i'm still only on act 1, so this may change). But the Witcher 3 tells the story in a better way in my opinion. Also, it's side quests are far superior to DA:I.

I absolutely love both of them though.

That's true - the side quests in the Witcher are amazingly well done, with actual proper stories.

I was just thinking about DA:I recently again and remembering how I was walking around and randomly came across a dragon fighting a giant, both of which were absolutely huge. It was the first time I've ever encountered anything like that in a video game, for a truly random experience. Sure, I've seen ones that were part of a story, but not one that just happened to take place.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Just cleared the main storyline.

Have a few sides quests left to do but very sad to have finished it what a game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

That's true - the side quests in the Witcher are amazingly well done, with actual proper stories.

I was just thinking about DA:I recently again and remembering how I was walking around and randomly came across a dragon fighting a giant, both of which were absolutely huge. It was the first time I've ever encountered anything like that in a video game, for a truly random experience. Sure, I've seen ones that were part of a story, but not one that just happened to take place.
    The dragon fighting the giant is scripted. It always happens when you first reach that part of the Storm Coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I found DA:I really boring and repetitive in the end, thought it was great at first and then the more it went on the less I was enjoying it, was a chore to finish it. The Witcher on the other hand is far better written, the environment feels more alive and the quests are more diverse and captivating, really just a step above DA:I in nearly every aspect imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

That, and I'm fed up with the whole saving the world/universe story lines all the time. It's nice to have a more "real" personal story that you can relate a bit more to than being a latent super hero/god type being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I wish there was a subtitles option just for foreign languages and trolls. Feel having subtitles on in general just makes me skip the scene I'm watching.

Finally at Kear Morhen, lot of blow back from choosing Triss.

Yen had thrown a
    bed out the window
    and when we went to check found
    one of Triss' earrings in it.

When we spoke to yen, herself here decided it was best to have it out with her and ask what was up etc which resulted in
    Geralt being teleported and dropped into a lake
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

tok9 wrote: »
    I wish there was a subtitles option just for foreign languages and trolls. Feel having subtitles on in general just makes me skip the scene I'm watching.

Yeah I thought it was strange that CDPR didn't have the elven language subs always on, I can't stand subs during cut scenes so I keep them off but I was caught a few times not having a clue what was being said.

On a different note, what's everyone here spending their coin on? I have around 7k and rarely ever spend anything, my weapons and armor are either crafted or looted so I spend feck all on them really.

Yen had thrown a
    bed out the window
    and when we went to check found
    one of Triss' earrings in it.

When we spoke to yen, herself here decided it was best to have it out with her and ask what was up etc which resulted in
    Geralt being teleported and dropped into a lake
    :p

Damn, you really could have spoiler tagged that whole thing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Xbox One patch finally up :)

Great stuff! Cheers.

On a different note, what's everyone here spending their coin on? I have around 7k and rarely ever spend anything, my weapons and armor are either crafted or looted so I spend feck all on them really.

Every so often I'll just purchase a load of alchemy gear and craft whatever I can after. That tends to come in handy when I actually need to craft something.

Other than that, nothing.. just like other open world games.

Damn, you really could have spoiler tagged that whole thing :mad:

:confused: Spoiler tags enough there I thought

:confused: Spoiler tags enough there I thought

Well I didn't know you go back to kaer morhen also I wasn't sure what would happen over the Triss thing (if it would be a big deal or not). Not trying to be a moan about it I know you weren't trying to spoil bits intentionally

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Yen had thrown a bed out the window and when we went to check found one of Triss' earrings in it.

When we spoke to yen, herself here decided it was best to have it out with her and ask what was up etc which resulted in Geralt being teleported and dropped into a lake :p
    I chose Yen but the bed still ended up out the window, didn't have the lake or the earrings though.

Just curious, if I raise the difficulty will that affect the trophies I get?

I'm on Blood and Broken Bones but I think I should raise it since I'm doing fine with the quests I have.

Tonight I'm trying to do all the secondary quests and contracts and make try a few treasure hunts before progressing the story again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What's all this about an Act 2 & 3? I'm in Skellige now and I thought I was a good three quarters of the way through the game. There's so much going on there I haven't even done the first main quest on the islands.

Fair play to the developers, they really went above and beyond with the side quests and how everything is tied together. I love Skyrim and RPGs in general but running around looking for 20 nirnroot isn't gonna cut it from now on.

Well I didn't know you go back to kaer morhen also I wasn't sure what would happen over the Triss thing (if it would be a big deal or not). Not trying to be a moan about it I know you weren't trying to spoil bits intentionally

Ahhh my bad, I wasn't even thinking it was the place from the start sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

EGriff wrote: »
    What's all this about an Act 2 & 3? I'm in Skellige now and I thought I was a good three quarters of the way through the game. There's so much going on there I haven't even done the first main quest on the islands.

Fair play to the developers, they really went above and beyond with the side quests and how everything is tied together. I love Skyrim and RPGs in general but running around looking for 20 nirnroot isn't gonna cut it from now on.

They certainly raised the bar and it can only be good for the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

EGriff wrote: »

It's not three equal acts,I'd say 95% of the sidequests are in Act 1, it's only the main story that gets split.

whats with gear after you hit around lvl 18-19, there seems to be nothing outside of witcher stuff above that, found some relic stuff thats lvl 27 but I'm at lvl 24 now and not seen a single thing beween lvl 20-25 anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

whats with gear after you hit around lvl 18-19, there seems to be nothing outside of witcher stuff above that, found some relic stuff thats lvl 27 but I'm at lvl 24 now and not seen a single thing beween lvl 20-25 anywhere.

Plenty of stuff to craft at the blacksmith and armourer, I have about 10 or more diagrams for various bits between levels 20-30.

Completed all the quests, contracts and treasure hunts under Level 30 in Novigrad and Velen.

Have about 4-6 quests left to go altogether. Obviously there are a load more but these are the ones I've found at the moment.

Have to say that the Cat gear is really nice.. already had it but now i've everything upgraded too.

Was able to do the High Stakes quest too and win those cards. Might check out that website tomorrow to see what I'm missing.

I was getting a really annoying bug where every time I was on the menu screen or gwent, every 3-4 seconds the screen would go black for a second and come back. Fortunately after reloading it was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Well you are a witcher :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

GodlessM wrote: »
    Well you are a witcher :)

I've encountered loads of common stuff that's apparently levelled up as I've levelled up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

this week's free DLC
    the_witcher-3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_gwent.jpg

Advertisement