Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

All gwent quests done and random cards earned.

I could not figure what cards I was missing, really looked like I had them all.

Turns out, I don't have Zoltan, I never played the guy at the Inn at the start, I wasn't even aware of Gwent at this point in the game.

No achievement for me unless they patch the Zoltan card in like the other missable White Orchard cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Im fairly sure it auto saved for me after beating each guy so i would just load that file if i lost. Have a look at your save files and try liad a few different ones.

I can also confirm it auto saved for me when I did it yesterday as I made a balls of my second game and had to restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

neasyerac wrote: »
    I can also confirm it auto saved for me when I did it yesterday as I made a balls of my second game and had to restart.

Yeah, with the first two games, it allows you to save your game and also initialize the match by walking up and talking to the player. But with the last game against the
    Half-Elf
    it just starts the match straight after you win the second match, with no break and you dont talk to initialize the match. I will check the saves again to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Freeze wrote: »

No achievement for me unless they patch the Zoltan card in like the other missable White Orchard cards.

That sucks man, If I would have lost that first game (surprised I won, total fluke as I didn't know what was going on) I would have just moved on and missed the card too.

Edit: I read that you can find it on the Scholars dead body near Hanged Man's Tree along with a book he was writing. Apparently the card is still missing from the body for a lot of people and a save file has been sent CDPR and they confirm it is a bug so I'm guessing a fix is being worked on. No harm looking for that body in the mean time. Good luck!

• Advertisement

Edit: I read that you can find it on the Scholars dead body near Hanged Man's Tree along with a book he was writing.

I'd say you were reading the same threads I ended up reading.

Sadly, the card is not on his body. Well his body wasn't even there, but his book is on the ground. I just left the book there, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Balls man, hope it gets patched.

There was one other instance where a character with a card can die and you can then go back and it's with his things in the next room or take it from his body if you think to search it at the time, think it was
    Olivier when you do the quest with triss to save the mages, me will die if you chose to save the mage couple.

Apparently no card is supposed to be missable, but in a game this big a few are at the moment.

So hopefully over the next few patches, the missing gwent cards are fixed. I don't think they expected gwent to be this popular.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Can anyone tell me, without spoiling too much...

1. Is there a time limit on any quests, specifically when i'm told by Yen to
    go to the Isle of the Mists to rescue Ciri
    . I've a ton of stuff to do, but don't want there to be any negatives in taken a few hours/days/weeks to go there.
    2. Do Keira and
    Letho show up at Kaer Morhen like they said they would? I got there, and hoped to see them, but no sign of them yet.
    3. Pre Isle of Mists question...
    Is there anyone else you can recruit as an ally? Other than the ones that are listed in the quest log? Any sign of Iorveth? He should still be alive, even though i sided with Roche iirc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Kiith wrote: »

. I've a ton of stuff to do, but don't want there to be any negatives in taken a few hours/days/weeks to go there.
    2. Do Keira and
    Letho show up at Kaer Morhen like they said they would? I got there, and hoped to see them, but no sign of them yet.
    Is there anyone else you can recruit as an ally? Other than the ones that are listed in the quest log? Any sign of Iorveth? He should still be alive, even though i sided with Roche iirc.

1. No, take the time to ensure you get as many of the below.
    2. If alive and and mega spoiler coming:
    Skellige: Hjalmar, Ermion, Cerys. Valen: Vernon Roche/Ves, Keira, Triss, Letho Novi Dykstra, Zoltan Emhyr

Only some/will can go as in my game few of them were dead, also this list isnt 100% complete due to the dead thing :D And you had to have done specific things to get them onside. Or in
    Emhyrs case allow something

Didnt see him but did expect to see him, i think he may be dead from 2.

Kiith wrote: »

2. Do Keira and

1: Not 100% But think the only ones that can be impacted by moving to that place are the ones tied to recruiting members
    2: Yes later
    3:
    Ves and Roach, Triss, etc and the Skilligers the druid and Hjelmar
    but think they are on the list.
    4: Think the story assumes a roaches path canon in w2 from what I could tell though my memory is a little unclear but doubt he would join

4: Think the story assumes a roaches path canon from what I could tell though my memory is a little unclear but doubt he would join

That's what i was thinking. I did meet a random group of Scoia'tael, and i thought if i had gone down the Iorveth path in the 2nd game, he might be there.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Apparently no card is supposed to be missable, but in a game this big a few are at the moment.

So hopefully over the next few patches, the missing gwent cards are fixed. I don't think they expected gwent to be this popular.

If I collect nearly all the cards and find out I somehow missed one that I can't get, I shall quietly weep in the corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Card Collector trophy just popped, almost feel like i just beat the game :)

Now i want more Gwent cards :(

Welcome to the club bro. Now we can chip in and get those real life ones on ebay for far too much money.

More cards coming next week btw.

If I collect nearly all the cards and find out I somehow missed one that I can't get, I shall quietly weep in the corner!

Worth doing a quick run through that check list posted a few pages back , and there is also a handy google docs spread sheet of you google search for it , between the 2 you should know where you stand in around 10 -15 minutes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So too get every Gwent card in the game you have to get them off merchants but also have too take part in tournaments/play guys to get them?

Heres the trick though; a check list of cards is actually useless. What you actually need is a check list of players. There are quite a few reclusive players.

Regarding the tourney, you cant save after Sasha but you can reload before her. Thing is, I found the elf far easier. He has no spies and plays too aggressively.

Tip; if you accept her offer you cannot get the Card Collector trophy.

Worth doing a quick run through that check list posted a few pages back , and there is also a handy google docs spread sheet of you google search for it , between the 2 you should know where you stand in around 10 -15 minutes

Yeah have the Card list up, ticking them of as I go along. On a 124 so far and a lot are just duplicates so need maybe 30 - 40 more to go.

Yeah have the Card list up, ticking them of as I go along. On a 124 so far and a lot are just duplicates so need maybe 30 - 40 more to go.

You dont need the duplicates, only the 130 different cards.

• Advertisement

GodlessM wrote: »
    You dont need the duplicates, only the 130 different cards.

oh yeah that's what I men't I don't need to full 195 as I a lot of the cards left are just duplicates of what I already have.

GodlessM wrote: »
    Heres the trick though; a check list of cards is actually useless. What you actually need is a check list of players. There are quite a few reclusive players.

Regarding the tourney, you cant save after Sasha but you can reload before her. Thing is, I found the elf far easier. He has no spies and plays too aggressively.

Tip; if you accept her offer you cannot get the Card Collector trophy.

Her offer to
    steal the cash
    :confused: That is not correct, accepting her offer or not there is nothing besides beating her that influences getting a card. Once the tourney is over the outcome is the same and accepting her offer just adds some leg work and more to the quest. I would 100% recommend accepting the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Here's the site I posted a few days ago: http://gwentcards.com/checklist.html

and here is a another site with a list of where to find them along with there being a good guide for the game
    http://www.gosunoob.com/witcher-3/witcher-3-gwent-cards-list/

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Hi Guy's
    This has been wrecking my head - so maybe someone who finished the game can tell me.
    Do you get to face those 3 crones later in the game? The ones that had the Barons wife - really wanted to kill them
    :mad:

Question: Do some people not reward any cards for playing them the first time? Just saved a lad from bandits then went back to his village and played him but he didn't give me anything.

I turned her down initially, but helped her with the quest afterwards. Still got the card as far as i know.

As for the tournement, the only tough game was the 1st one. That guy had about 5 spy cards, and i only barely managed to win after reloading 4-5 times. Cheating, but screw that little **** :P

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Hi Guy's
    This has been wrecking my head - so maybe someone who finished the game can tell me.
    Do you get to face those 3 crones later in the game? The ones that had the Barons wife - really wanted to kill them
    :mad:

You do indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

You do indeed.
    Hurrah :D:D
    Thank you!

Question: Do some people not reward any cards for playing them the first time? Just saved a lad from bandits then went back to his village and played him but he didn't give me anything.

check what he has for sale

• Advertisement

check what he has for sale

Checked and he had noting also, I just stuck a question mark beside his spot on my check list map and will come back if needs be.

Advertisement