Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I really have no interest in the card game, am I missing out on any experience by avoiding it?

I hope not. Surely an optional extra in the game that doesn't have an impact on anything story related.

And i really think there should be a separate Witcher 3 Gwent thread... Last 5 pages were nearly all Gwent related.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I'm gonna plough on with the main story line and side quests. Having too much fun to start up Gwent. Just out of curiosity, can I start playing and collecting at any stage of the game or does the gwent quests go hand in hand with the time line in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    I'm gonna plough on with the main story line and side quests. Having too much fun to start up Gwent. Just out of curiosity, can I start playing and collecting at any stage of the game or does the gwent quests go hand in hand with the time line in the game?

Some cards are only accessible during quests, if you finish the quest without getting the card then there lost. You will have to reload or restart the game or wait until the are patched in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

GodlessM wrote: »
    Welcome to the club bro. Now we can chip in and get those real life ones on ebay for far too much money.

More cards coming next week btw.

Hate to rub it in but I got the Horse Racing trophy as well :D Awful awful last race due to the design of the course and Roach's fear of...well... anything but the game is so good/fun, it was worth getting that trophy out of the way on my path to the platinum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Welcome to the club bro. Now we can chip in and get those real life ones on ebay for far too much money.

More cards coming next week btw.

As in more DLC for Qwent or a patch to allow access to other missable cards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

neasyerac wrote:
    Some cards are only accessible during quests, if you finish the quest without getting the card then there lost. You will have to reload or restart the game or wait until the are patched in

Ah ok. I'm not bothered with Gwent anyway so will continue as I am. Loving the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

logik wrote: »

this week's Gwent Cards DLC is just different skins for some of the neutral cards that you have

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

DLC.

They have patched in some already from merchants.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I should really start playing Gwent. I'm clearly missing out! :)

Tip; if you accept her offer you cannot get the Card Collector trophy.

You serious? That is crazy if that is the case. Means people will miss cards including myself as I accepted her offer.

I will just have to wait until they patch the cards into the game where you can play other people for them or buy them.

• Advertisement

I accepted her offer
    (After I won the tourney, money went missing, accepted her offer of finding it and splitting it)
    and trophy popped for me okay or are ye talking about something else?

DLC.

They have patched in some already from merchants.

Do you have a list of the merchants? I have found the guy in White Orchard and bought his cards. Is there another merchant?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I kind of hate the Gwent dlc this week...i knew what all my cards where by their pictures, now it's totally different. The Dragon that burns the highest close combat card is now a load of people? I'm guessing i can turn it off?

Kiith wrote: »
    I kind of hate the Gwent dlc this week...i knew what all my cards where by their pictures, now it's totally different. The Dragon that burns the highest close combat card is now a load of people? I'm guessing i can turn it off?

Can you uninstall the DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Can you uninstall the DLC?

Check settings on main menu, you might be able to turn off the DLC cause I know you can turn off the Yennefer alternate costume

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

neasyerac wrote: »
    If I collect nearly all the cards and find out I somehow missed one that I can't get, I shall quietly weep in the corner!

Luckily for me, an awful lot of people seem to have missed the White Orchard cards, so there is a good chance Zoltan will be patched back in, as the other 4 cards where in v1.04.

I was sickened last night going through the checklist yet again to see what I had missed, I always just ticked the neutral cards thinking I had them all. Confusing a dwarf card I had for Zoltan.

Card Collector trophy just popped! I'm happy that's done, I was afraid I missed something or a card would glitch and I wouldn't be able to obtain it. Just have to finish the game and I'll have the platinum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I think I'm at the point of no return, about to start the
    Final Preparations
    quest. Could someone give me a rough idea of how much xp there is between that and the end of the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭billythefish99

Why is this thread all about the card game? Am I missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Why is this thread all about the card game? Am I missing something?

Yea possibly a separate thread needed for Gwent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I just got to Novigrad, its probably the most impressive thing I have ever seen in a game. Gwent sucks ;)

Anyone come back to the game and found that a sword had either been unequipped or changed?

Noticed a few times now when I spotted DPS was lower than the last time I saw it , think it could be due to character change? As Ciri only has one sword perhaps :confused:

Just noticed after a change, my superior steel feline was un equipped and Gerlat had an enhanced griffin instead of his superior silver equipped.

Anyone come back to the game and found that a sword had either been unequipped or changed?

Noticed a few times now when I spotted DPS was lower than the last time I saw it , think it could be due to character change? As Ciri only has one sword perhaps :confused:

Just noticed after a change, my superior steel feline was un equipped and Gerlat had an enhanced griffin instead of his superior silver equipped.

Someone is sneaking in and playing witcher while you are away!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Swords have a drop in DPS if they're worn. Could that be it?

neasyerac wrote: »
    Someone is sneaking in and playing witcher while you are away!

Actually playing co-op would you believe she "drives the horse" and chooses dialogue and I play gwent and do the fighting :D
    Spear wrote: »
    Swords have a drop in DPS if they're worn. Could that be it?

In this case it was because it was a lower quality sword that was equipped , went from 1108 to 1388 on the silver.

Only noticed as I was preping for
    Imlerith
    fight. What and epic fight that was on death march too felt like a proper bad ass after winning that one with how it finishes :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Just fought Olaf in the final round of fighting on Skellige, bearly beat him.

giggle bearly!!!

Actually playing co-op would you believe she "drives the horse" and chooses dialogue and I play gwent and do the fighting :D

In this case it was because it was a lower quality sword that was equipped , went from 1108 to 1388 on the silver.

Only noticed as I was preping for
    Imlerith
    fight. What and epic fight that was on death march too felt like a proper bad ass after winning that one with how it finishes :cool:

Yeah I wasn't really finding death March that hard, but I must have fought him about 20 times before I could beat him. It's all about timing and one mistake on his second form can be the death of you.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Just fought Olaf in the final round of fighting on Skellige, bearly beat him.

giggle bearly!!!

That deserves a Chuck Norris thumbs up!

Wait til you fight the champion of champions...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That deserves a Chuck Norris thumbs up!

Wait til you fight the champion of champions...

Your just trolling now, beat the champion and took only 1 hit. He was shockingly easy in fairness.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I seem to be flying through the main quest now. Pretty sure I'm onto Act 3 (although I don't think these acts are ever mentioned in game)

All I'll say is the Act 2 main quests were great.

I've also come around to thinking this game isn't really an RPG.

Advertisement