Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

tok9 wrote: »
    I've also come around to thinking this game isn't really an RPG.

What would you class it as?

I'm only an hour or two into it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

An action/adventure game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Well gwent has me hooked. Haven't touched another quest in the last two hours of play . All I'm doing I'd going around looking for cards :pac:

What would you class it as?

I'm only an hour or two into it myself.

It is an RPG but doesn't have that same traditional RPG feel to it , feels more like Assassins Creed (poor example maybe) with dialogue choices and consequences to them etc. So yeah RPG for sure.

The RPG elements are there but the skill / xp system are not overly complicated and take a back seat to story and lore is not hidden away, it's front and center and not delivered through picking up books you'll never read.

Actually now I think of it I've like put more time into this and not been bored than the last 3 AC titles combined

3198.jpgI'm not connected with this site/design in anyway but SOLD!!!!! https://www.ubertee.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Righty. Tried to keep my mind open through the first few hours of this. I heard many a comparison to Skyrim and tbh was a little disappointed in that respect. Skyrim had restored some of the fantastical, the wonder that Morrowind had in spades and Oblivion had lost therefore making it one of my favourite RPGs. I then compared it to the previous Witcher games and again was not overly impressed.
    ...okay calm down. I'm now 80+ hours in, haven't finished Act 1 and am utterly and totally addicted to the point of trying to complete every single quest - even the mass of greyed out ones now growing in the list. It may not have the fantasy styled geography of Morrowind/Skyrim but the attention to every little detail, the quality of the writing, quest content and voice acting are absolutely second to none. This is the new (by far) gold standard for RPGs imho. There is no delineation between main arc and side to mini '!' quests, the same immense and perfect effort has been applied to each, from the short to the long. What's more is that while most RPGs (actually most games in general) tend to suffer an obvious decrease in quality towards the end due to crunch times and the like this has only gotten better.
    And yes I love Gwent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Zoltan is great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I get randomly attacked when passing through villages in Skellige. Some poor bloke called Sven just pulled out his sword and started shouting freak and mutant.

So I punched him to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Just came across a ?? levelled griffin, I'm level 30 and it killed me in one hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone else experienced a bug where there is a guy locked in a cage but there is no key anywhere to let him out?

Its near enough where you meet the shoe fella and his wagon in Velen/Novigrad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone else experienced a bug where there is a guy locked in a cage but there is no key anywhere to let him out?

Its near enough where you meet the shoe fella has his wagon in Velen/Novigrad?

Yup... Happened me on the first "person in distress" i found.... All the others since I have found the key on one of the bandits, but not that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Yup... Happened me on the first "person in distress" i found.... All the others since I have found the key on one of the bandits, but not that one.

Im hoping he doesnt hold any special gwent card :/

God I love Gwent.

God I love Gwent.
    He doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

God I love Gwent.

Sorry man but Im fairly sure he has 3 unique gwent cards you can buy. Do you have a save before you entered the bandit camp, try again?

Edit: found this. ..

Puttkammer and Sweers cards can be bought from Merchant in Claywich, just south of Crow’s Perch. In order for this merchant to appear in Claywich, you need to free him from a group of bandits by completing the Person in Distress mission on a large island that is located to the East of Boatmaker’s Hut in Velen. You’ll encounter these bandits at the center of the island. Note: there appears to be an occasional glitch that results in the player not getting a key to free the merchant from his prison cell. In order to make sure you avoid this, make a manual save before encountering the bandits. Once the merchant is free, meditate for an hour and then head over to Claywich. You’ll encounter him next to a hut.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sorry man but Im fairly sure he has 3 unique gwent cards you can buy. Do you have a save before you entered the bandit camp, try again?

Edit: found this. ..

Puttkammer and Sweers cards can be bought from Merchant in Claywich, just south of Crow’s Perch. In order for this merchant to appear in Claywich, you need to free him from a group of bandits by completing the Person in Distress mission on a large island that is located to the East of Boatmaker’s Hut in Velen. You’ll encounter these bandits at the center of the island. Note: there appears to be an occasional glitch that results in the player not getting a key to free the merchant from his prison cell. In order to make sure you avoid this, make a manual save before encountering the bandits. Once the merchant is free, meditate for an hour and then head over to Claywich. You’ll encounter him next to a hut.
    That's a different person in distress. Joe123 is talking about the one just north of the Hanged Man's Tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Evade wrote: »
    That's a different person in distress. Joe123 is talking about the one just north of the Hanged Man's Tree.

Ah cool, didn't know there was more than one merchant with a key bugged.

Ha did anyone do the tower outta nowheres quest ?

They take a crack at
    Drm and GoG
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Anyone have trouble with the Reuven's Treasure quest.
    I spoke to Triss and gave her a figurine, then I got a black screen and had to quit the game. Loaded it up again and tried to speak to Triss again but got the black screen again.

Thought I might finish this tonight but instead I got distracted again and checked out some question marks and random quests/treasure that popped up. I've the Velen/Novigrad area pretty well explored. It's Skellige that I still need to invest a lot of time into.

Then I went about searching for the master crafted feline gear and it's great. Definitely my favourite gear in the game.

Now back to the main quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Ha did anyone do the tower outta nowheres quest ?

They take a crack at
    Drm and GoG
    :D

Just played it last night. Great quest but that first enemey... sheesh. Died so many times. And yeah those digs were awesome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Thought I might finish this tonight but instead I got distracted again and checked out some question marks and random quests/treasure that popped up. I've the Velen/Novigrad area pretty well explored. It's Skellige that I still need to invest a lot of time into.

Then I went about searching for the master crafted feline gear and it's great. Definitely my favourite gear in the game.

Now back to the main quests.

Oh lord. How have you leveled so fast? Master xrafted gear is all lvl31 and yt you havent finished?

Finished earlier, in the end of my game
    Ciri became a witcher
    best of the 3 I think after I looked the others up though you should have been able to go after the
    crone with Ciri
    in the ending I got too.

Death March was not super difficult in the end and the final boss was a kitten at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Apparently I missed an important quest item
    crystal skull
    at the start of the game that was lying on the ground :(

ShaneU wrote: »
    crystal skull

It's not a quest item if it's missible, can't recall the purpose of the skull now myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

ShaneU wrote: »
    crystal skull

It's not important, more an easter egg than anything. Just gives an extra line of dialogue later on.

I've covered all the ?'s in Novigrad and Velen now.

I was going to do the same in Skellige but I just have too many and the majority of time it's just sunken treasure or treasure in general and even that's a pain since I get overburdened easliy enough and then have to go off and sell.

Just going to finish off the main quest now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I've covered all the ?'s in Novigrad and Velen now.

I was going to do the same in Skellige but I just have too many and the majority of time it's just sunken treasure or treasure in general and even that's a pain since I get overburdened easliy enough and then have to go off and sell.

Just going to finish off the main quest now.

It's a total pain getting them in Skellige 'cause most of the treasures are out in the middle of the sea. I didn't bother with any offshore

Same here , if there was anything worth while out there I'm sure folks on various corners of the internet would be shouting about it :confused:

Just finished after about 200 hours. I got the happy(?) ending
    Ciri is a witcher, Geralt and Yen retire. I was hoping for another ride on the unicorn.

I only missed 2 trophies, headshots and I'm 200 xp shy of level 35, which isn't bad since I only used a guide for gwent cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I got the bad ending and not sure how, think my long term plan of trying to keep everyone alive undone me in the end.
    Ciri is missing presumed dead and Geralt about to die

And uhh this happened today....

Advertisement