Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I got the bad ending and not sure how, think my long term plan of trying to keep everyone alive undone me in the end.
    Ciri is missing presumed dead and Geralt about to die

And uhh this happened today....

ending is based on 5 key choices that flash back at the end. It's kind of a dick move on their part as some of the stuff you would not automatically thing affect it, but when you see a good end it clicks.
    Like throwing snowballs and wrecking the elves cave, not going into the room to see philipa with ciri all those build her confidence, killing roach and ves also affects it and taking her to Vimir has the biggest impact on a good end
    which made sense when I saw the bad end on youtube.

EDIT: Oh just got 1000gs from it or a platinum for you PS folks, the 50 crossbow kills is a pain in the balls, use devils pit location and aard when you get the kill if the screen doesn't shake it didnt count !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Like throwing snowballs and wrecking the elves cave, not going into the room to see philipa with ciri all those build her confidence, killing roach and ves also affects it and taking her to Vimir has the biggest impact on a good end
    which made sense when I saw the bad end on youtube.
    I only made two correct minor choices, snowballs and Roche and Ves live. Who's Vimir?

EDIT: Oh just got 1000gs from it or a platinum for you PS folks, the 50 crossbow kills is a pain in the balls, use devils pit location and aard when you get the kill if the screen doesn't shake it didnt count !!!!
    I just respecced to do that now. I already got a few from sailing around Skellige. Getting the 150 xp to get to 35 might be more of a grind.

Evade wrote: »
    I only made two correct minor choices, snowballs and Roche and Ves live. Who's Vimir?

I just respecced to do that now. I already got a few from sailing around Skellige. Getting the 150 xp to get to 35 might be more of a grind.

3 kills will get you to 35 , there is a cyclopse on the east of ard skellige who respawns when you meditate google him.

Sorry don't know where I got Vimir from , I meant
    Vizama, if you take ciri there it changes the end, also going to that guys grave with her is a +1 fot the ending

3 kills will get you to 35 , there is a cyclopse on the east of ard skellige who respawns when you meditate google him.
    Thanks for the tip, I was going to go to a Passifloran courtisan 38 times.

Evade wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip, I was going to go to a Passifloran courtisan 38 times.

Safer I guess than crippled kates :D

• Advertisement

Safer I guess than crippled kates :D
    More expensive so more xp per session.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

yeah my keep everyone alive and happy plan failed.
    Annoyed as I had Letho from the 2 cos I knew playing that I would need the **** and the fight was piece of piss cos i had him. Same with Roach i actually liked him from 2 so kept him onside.

Best PC game I have played but sour taste cos I ****ed up the happy ending i wanted :D

Been going though the spoilers for other decisions now i'm done... one I rue not being able to do is breaking
    Dikjstams other leg
    :D

Been going though the spoilers for other decisions now i'm done... one I rue not being able to do is breaking
    Dikjstams other leg
    :D
    I decapitated him when he tried to double cross our merry band of kingslayers.

Broke his leg went back to him later and he is like "sup" :D

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Broke his leg went back to him later and he is like "sup" :D

Ha ha ha no way ? Does that that not mean you got locked out of the
    assassination plot
    though :confused:

Ha ha ha no way ? Does that that not mean you got locked out of the
    assassination plot
    though :confused:

Went well beyond that,
    if i followed that redania wouldnt have won the war.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Finished it up there a few minutes ago and finished all the last witcher contract also.

Absolutely loved the game and the missions. I was pretty happy with the ending without thinking much of it. (Got the "positive" ending -
    Ciri becomes Empress
    )

Switched over to Death March for the last few missions but I didn't really notice a major difference.

Few complaints I would have on the game.

-Menu is painfully slow.. moving from one inventory to the other, there is always that delay. On top of the fact you've a load of crap and potions you never use.

-Load of little bugs which just take you out of the experience. I can see an enhanced version coming out eventually which will be a hell of a lot more stable.

-To add to that, it was a little jarring with all the load screens.. especially in the middle of a fight or cutscene where it would show cutscene then load screen then another cutscene. The quest in mid Act 2
    Battle at Kaer Morhan
    had that issue a lot.

-Boss fights were mostly fine and some were really well set up etc but they were essentially just enemies with a ridiculously huge health bar. Would have been nice if they put a bit more effort into them.

-Level scale/difficulty was just a bit off for me. I wish all the main quests had been at least 2-3 levels more difficult as I was always about that above them since i'd try to complete the other quests I had. Also you would think that would encourage the player to do other things.

But other than those things, I thought the game was incredible. I don't think I've ever gone through an RPG (although as I said I'd class it as an action/adventure) like that. Constantly looking forward to the next thing I do whether it be a main quest, side quest or just a game of gwent.

It'll definitely be up there in my favourite games of this year come the end of the year.

Last boss was a kitten compared to the previous 2 I found.

The difficulty scaling really went out the window on death march in the low 20's or even before that, I switched to lower post game and laughed at how easy it was on mobs that previously I'd have needed to spam quen on :eek:

EDIT: I'd also say it felt like less of an RPG although it was very much one, but UBISOFT need to look at this then go hang their heads in shame for every assassins creed game they will release after having seen it. They could make a great AC game if they learned from this.

Playing on PC had zero gameplay issue, the XP thing was more an annoyance than a bug. Completing Missing Miners and getting 5 Xp......

hard to find faults with this game, as you can see in the video above I have full Ursine armour but need some **** to make the silver sword which is actually worse than the one i found.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm on Final Preparations, level 30. Can anyone tell me if I should finish up witcher contacts, etc or will i be able to do them after the main story?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm on Final Preparations, level 30. Can anyone tell me if I should finish up witcher contacts, etc or will i be able to do them after the main story?
    You can finish the contracts after the game but you might want to do any that are below level 28 otherwise they'll probably be greyed out by the time you get back to them.

Don't be put off by that lvl 35 one either I managed that quite easily at lvl 30 was expecting to be torn to ribbons.

Cool just have witcher contacts and master feline armour to get, might just do them first anyway.

Just read the Viper gear will be fixed in the next patch. Bit late but might be handy starting a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Have never played any of the Witcher series, but being a massive Elder Scrolls series fan, and reading the posts here, I think I should really get involved :D

Will not playing The Witcher 1 or 2 detract from this game in any way?

Also, if anyone knows the best/cheapest place to pick this up for XB1, it would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement

I never played W 1 or 2 but this is one of my favourite games of all time. Oblivion or Skyrim never sat well with me, couldn't enjoy them as much as i wanted. This game is competely out there in it's own imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Knex. wrote: »
    Have never played any of the Witcher series, but being a massive Elder Scrolls series fan, and reading the posts here, I think I should really get involved :D

Also, if anyone knows the best/cheapest place to pick this up for XB1, it would be much appreciated.
    I never played W 1 or 2 but this is one of my favourite games of all time. Oblivion or Skyrim never sat well with me, couldn't enjoy them as much as i wanted. This game is competely out there in it's own imo.

I also never played Witcher 1 or 2.... But I loved Skyrim and Oblivion, and while there are similarities in the atmosphere and surrounding somewhat, the gameplay is much different.... Witcher 3 exceeds both quite easily on gameplay. Don't think any game has pulled me quite as effectively since Ocarina of Time on N64
    EDIT: Well, KOTOR did on original Xbox... But still.

Knex. wrote: »

Think Argos is cheapest if looking to walk into a shop and buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Definitely playing too much of this game. Had a dream last night I was on a stag in Novigrad, and worse than that, instead of having conversations there were dialogue options popping up!!!

Just finished the tower outta nowhere side quest.
    Absolutely hilarious when it is finished sending creatures out at you, the last thing it sends is a cow, because it ran out of resources!

Also when you're in a boat and accelerating, if you use your Witcher sense at the same time, it feels like you're going a million miles an hour.

Might want to spoiler that as many might not have played it yet given it's high level .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Yeah, I hadn't done that quest yet.... Now I don't need to...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

You can do anything that doesn't involve any of the main characters once you complete the game. Level 30 should be fine now that Imlarith is out of the way. Might be worth doing the contracts so that you end on Level 35 though. I did the Level 36 one at Level 27 and hammered it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished it tonight, after 98 hours (and a marathon 13 hour session today :P).

Did every quest, contract and treasure hunt, but left a load of ?'s. There's just too many to go through. Regarding the ending...
    I guess i got a good ending, with pretty much everyone still alive. Ciri became heir of the throne of Nilfgard, Temeria was restored, and Geralt and Yen lived happily ever after. The final few hours were absolutely brilliant, especially the fights with the 2 main White Hunt guys. Geralts move to take out the Kings eye was awesome :P

Definitely one of the best games i've ever played, and guaranteed GOTY for me as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Going by the leaked info from last year and the code in the game files the three endings are considered good, neutral and bad.

Good:
    Ciri becomes 'witcher'.

Neutral:
    Ciri becomes heir to throne of Nilfgaard and is presumably engaged to Morvran Voorhis.

Bad:
    Ciri is kill.

Different endings for the war:
    Redania defeats Nilfgaard, Emperor Var Emreis is assassinated, Radovid executes all non-humans.
    Nilfgaard defeats Redania, restores Temeria as a vassal of the empire.
    Redania defeats Nilfgaard, Radovid is assassinated, Dijkstra becomes new ruler, Var Emreis assassinated.

Advertisement