Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, just seeing some of the options there.
    While i still liked my ending, i'd have probably been happier with Ciri becoming a Witcher, and be free of it all. Guess i shouldn't have brought her to see the Emperor before the final quests. Ah well

Still, awesome game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Interesting.. would have thought good and neutral would be the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

tok9 wrote: »
    Interesting.. would have thought good and neutral would be the other way around.
    Indeed. Though I imagine her and Geralt sticking together is what swings it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Washington...that post needs to be spoilered. Come on man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Pah you guys with your happily ever afters. I think the "negative" ending is the most realistic and satisfying end to the story. It gives that level of closure that you would expect and need in the ultimate chapter of a story. But that's just me I guess. I think people are confused about what happens to Ciri though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hotfix 1.06 has just been released for PC. Please check the list of changes below.

- Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
    - Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
    - The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
    - Fixes the lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
    - Fixes an issue that prevented players from creating more than one item via Crafting/Alchemy

The console version is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

this week's DLC
    CHjD6eLWoAEXX0F.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Cool. Downloading it all now :D

Did they fix this? I would like to see this happen more, honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

this week's DLC
    CHjD6eLWoAEXX0F.png

Out at the end of this week, least that'll be my nights off sorted.

Thought it was odd there not being any Wolf Gear in the base game, mystery solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw definitely holding off clearing it till i get the Wolf gear. Finish it up at the weekend in time for batman. Clear batman and then go back to the witcher for the platinum.

That's my summer sorted anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Can't see any details online confirming what class wolf is.
    Need to now which perk to select next, one benefiting light, medium or heavy armour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Can't see any details online confirming what class wolf is. Need to now which perk to select next, one benefiting light, medium or heavy armour.

Wait until Wednesday morning when it's out for PC and xbox to get more details

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

It annoys me a little that most of the best looking swords have such low stats and the crafted swords are so plain. I know its only a visual thing but Id love a nice ornate blade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

I have an i7 2600k; gtx 560i; 8gb ram - anybody played it on a similar spec?

I'm a chunk higher than that. Why? Wondering if it'll perform right on your system?

I'm a chunk higher than that. Why? Wondering if it'll perform right on your system?
    Yes, I think it's below the official minimum specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yes, I think it's below the official minimum specs.

I'm below recommended, but with medium settings, it's grand for me. Depends on how you look at the games. I'll never have a beast of a machine capable of running this in 4k, but what i have does me fine.

^ He's below the minimum though, which is different than the recommended. @blatantrereg, I think you'll be able to run the game at sub HD or 720p, minimum settings on everything and get a choppy ~40 framerate. I'd suggest asking on the pc Witcher 3 thread if you want to make sure. Maybe someone has similar system to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,036 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Sorry, meant to say the minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Anyone know off hand where I should go looking for vampires?... Need an Ekimmara hide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Anyone know off hand where I should go looking for vampires?... Need an Ekimmara hide.

In Velen, west of Downwarren, north-west of Crookback Bog. It's near a stone of power.

The comments here suggest it will work okay on 720/768 resolutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcJy3NpKkT4

Looks nice in the video too, though it's just an arbitrary ride around by himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This game is ridiculously long, 150 hours (according to the menu) and only level 18, haven't even got to Skellige yet

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Just received my platinum trophy for the game! Woop Woop!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

ShaneU wrote: »
    This game is ridiculously long, 150 hours (according to the menu) and only level 18, haven't even got to Skellige yet
    You might want to consider going there or you'll be over-levelled for some of the quests. There are ones as low as level 12 in Skellige even though the quest to get there is level 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cleared the game tonight, epic, truly epic and sad it's over. My finish time (if it is correct) was 266 hours, most time I've ever spent with a game, especially in just a month.....Jaysus.

Not sure what ending I got (good or bad)
    Ciri vanished off, stopped the white frost, came back and we went hunting rabbits, all nicey nicey til she decided to feck off to her real da.
    Not sure how many other ways it can play out?

Only trophies I'm missing are the 2 high difficulty ones and recruiting the whole gang (stupid
    Keira!
    ) so started a new save on Death March which looks like it will be a pain in the whole storing food for health. At least with the Wolf armour coming out hopefully tomorrow, that will be enough for me so I can ignore picking up armour and weapons.

GOTY year so far, only other one that can come close is Fallout so will have to wait and see.

Roll on the expansion packs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

The time played in the menu is all over the place, apparently it keeps counting if you leave the game paused in rest mode on PS4. Mine says 8 days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm running it on my trusty old i7 920@3.8GHz and a GTX 970 with 12 Gigs of DDR3 at 1080p on ultra and hitting a steady 60fps, with the nVidia hair nonsense turned off. Apart from your GPU I'd say you'll be fine. I'm also running Windows 10 which is supposed to deliver performance improvements.

Compared to other open world games it feels surprisingly light and effortless, almost like Just Cause 2 in terms of fluidity. There's none of that judder you get with ARMA III and long loading times of GTA V.

Compared to The Witcher 2, which I finally finished this weekend, it's a dramatic improvement, I would even say 3 runs better. Tho it's mostly just polish across the board compared to the technical issues that hampered the previous games.

Advertisement