Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Cleared the game tonight, epic, truly epic and sad it's over. My finish time (if it is correct) was 266 hours, most time I've ever spent with a game, especially in just a month.....Jaysus.

Not sure what ending I got (good or bad)
    Ciri vanished off, stopped the white frost, came back and we went hunting rabbits, all nicey nicey til she decided to feck off to her real da.
    Not sure how many other ways it can play out?

Only trophies I'm missing are the 2 high difficulty ones and recruiting the whole gang (stupid
    Keira!
    ) so started a new save on Death March which looks like it will be a pain in the whole storing food for health. At least with the Wolf armour coming out hopefully tomorrow, that will be enough for me so I can ignore picking up armour and weapons.

GOTY year so far, only other one that can come close is Fallout so will have to wait and see.

Roll on the expansion packs!

Wolf armour is a treasure hunt though as far as I know so it won't be so simple to pick early on maybe. Death march can be tough, but its more a test of patience and clunky fighting styles than actual difficulty. You don't get anything done fast. As for food, not as needed once you make Swallow. Just keep a tonne of booze on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

found images of the Wolf School Witcher Armor
    Master Craft Armor

mXGuQG1.jpg

Reddit Post with location of blueprints and more info

Oh looks like the set from the title screen, is it heavy med or light?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Gonna get this game for PS4 today, is it hard for beginners? Only games I play are FIFA and GTA really so this is gonna be a completely different kettle of fish.

So it seems that I got the bad ending. Hmm.
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    Gonna get this game for PS4 today, is it hard for beginners? Only games I play are FIFA and GTA really so this is gonna be a completely different kettle of fish.

If really your only games are FIFA and GTA, then you're likely going to find any game difficult ... :pac:

But no, you should be fine. I'll put it this way: the entire world of GTA 5 fits within one section of Witcher 3. The map is huge. Great story. Amazing voice acting.

• Advertisement

Medium and it goes from basic set up to MasterCrafted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

It looks like a medium armour set.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,839 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Starting again last night, yeah that's the default armour you start with that everyone gets rid of as you can't upgrade it. Best looking armour in the game imo.

There are six maps in total to buy. They can be purchased from the following:
    • Eibhear Hattori, the Master Blacksmith of Novigrad sells two of the maps.
    • The Blacksmith of Lindenvale sells one map.
    • The Armorer in Novigrad square sells one map.
    • The Armorer in Kaer Trolde Castle sells one map.
    • The Blacksmith in Kaer Muire sells one map.
    • From there, it's a matter of finding all the diagrams. And yes, this gear is the best gear in the game.
    • Level Requirements: 14 for the first hunt. And you'll need to have reached Kaer Morhen at least once already.
    • Mastercrafted Wolf gear is level 34.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/702760-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/72011038

Starting again last night, yeah that's the default armour you start with that everyone gets rid of as you can't upgrade it. Best looking armour in the game imo.

This is the base armor for the wolf school armor set
    UJaysoY.jpg

Level 14 required for all armor pieces.
    Wolven Armor
    105 Armor
    +5% Adrenaline Point gain
    +5% Resistance to piercing damage
    +5% Resistance to bludgeoning damage
    +10% Resistance to slashing damage
    +15% Resistance to damage from monsters
    Wolven Gauntlets
    33 Armor
    +5% Sign intensity
    +1% Resistance to piercing damage
    +2% Resistance to slashing damage
    +2% Resistance to damage from monsters
    +5% Resistance to elemental damage
    Wolven Trousers
    37 Armor
    +5% Attack power
    +5% Sign intensity
    +5% Resistance to slashing damage
    +7% Resistance to damage from monsters
    +17% Resistance to elemental damage
    Wolven Boots
    37 Armor
    +5% Attack power
    +1% Resistance to piercing damage
    +1% Resistance to bludgeoning damage
    +2% Resistance to slashing damage
    +2% Resistance to damage from monsters

http://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3a44bj/i_took_some_potato_quality_shots_of_the_new/

• Advertisement

And you'll need to have reached Kaer Morhen at least once already.

That seems very late to be starting it? Looks like I'll be going for Viper Gear first so.

Ahhhh so it only starts looking good when you upgrade it....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That seems very late to be starting it? Looks like I'll be going for Viper Gear first so.

What's the Viper gear? I thought Cat, Bear and Griffin were the sets (along with Wolf now).

Kiith wrote: »
    What's the Viper gear? I thought Cat, Bear and Griffin were the sets (along with Wolf now).

You get it in white Orchard and is only a silver and steel Sword set

You get it in white Orchard and is only a silver and steel Sword set

Is that all it is a couple of swords? Ah balls! The quest glitched first time around for me so never got it, figured it was just low level armour so was never mentioned with the other schools.

Is that all it is a couple of swords? Ah balls! The quest glitched first time around for me so never got it, figured it was just low level armour so was never mentioned with the other schools.

Yeah it's just an introduction to the treasure quests. Once you leave White Orchard you can get much better swords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I just got all the master ursine gear, currently have superior ursine, i'm the recommended level 31 but when I go to Fergus the dwarf it says my crafting level is too low. how do i rank this up? how can i get the master gear? im not sure how to do this bit!?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Nodferatu wrote: »
    I just got all the master ursine gear, currently have superior ursine, i'm the recommended level 31 but when I go to Fergus the dwarf it says my crafting level is too low. how do i rank this up? how can i get the master gear? im not sure how to do this bit!?

Can't remember exactly who I used to upgrade my gear to master level but I think it's the lady beside him, I think you might have to do the master armorer quest also.

You need to ask Fergus about master armor and you should get a quest off him or his assistant, can't remember who. You then go to Skellige to find tools. After completing mission you can get mastercrafted armor crafted in Crows Perch

Yeah, Fergus isn't the master craftsman.

• Advertisement

i did that quest near the beginning, i got the tools and brought them back
    maybe its a glitch on my game save!?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

i did that quest near the beginning, i got the tools and brought them back
    maybe its a glitch on my game save!?

You get the quest pretty early on in the game, so it's possible to do it anytime. only thing really in the way is the golem in the forge as he is around level 24 I think.

If you want the best gear, talk to his partner though. She's the one who can do the top of the line stuff.

Ah I found what the problem is, I hadn't completed the 'of swords and dumplings' fully. (this is to unlock master craft) my bad. I have to meet Sukrus by Van Hoorn's warehouse but he isn't there. the marker shows to the door but he isn't there and I can't go inside. I'm stuck with this. I've tried meditating to all hours of the day and even running away and meditating at a distance but he wont spawn. very frustrating. I hope there is a fix for this!! anyone else had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

That wolf gear looks nice!... I'm a fan of the ursine right now, but I'll swap to that.
    Any word on if there will be a Game+ mode?

This weeks dlc is now live on pc and xbox, os4 tomorrow, so says the devs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This weeks dlc is now live on pc and xbox, os4 tomorrow, so says the devs.

Ballad Heroes & Fools gold is it? Got them yesterday, jesus I thought there was more already! :eek:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ballad Heroes & Fools gold is it? Got them yesterday, jesus I thought there was more already! :eek:

this week's DLC is wolf school treasure hunt and alternate look for triss

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Nope, the new ones are wolf school gear and new look for triss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

this week's DLC is wolf school treasure hunt and alternate look for triss

Cool just grabbed them there now on Smartglass :)

For some reason I only grabbed them other 2 DLC's yesterday so that's where I got mixed up :rolleyes:

Advertisement