Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Any word on a Game+ mode coming?

I'd say that'll be the last of the free DLC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Going around Velen/Novigrad uncovering most of the ? around the map. think I have abour 20 left to go. Gonna leave it at that and move onto Skellige now. I think I'm probably overlevelelled at this stage since I'm getting quests that are about 3 levels below my current level of 20.

61 hours played according to GOG Galaxy. Haven't gotten into gwent at all and dont think I will be anytime soon.

Finding it increasingly frustrating not having quest locations for non-active quests on the map. So much unnecessary backtracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Considering a bit of work has gone into making the post game world different to the normal world, and the game thrives on progression, I can't see why they would make an NG+ mode. Don't think that's something you can simply slot in with a DLC either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,996 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Patch 1.05 coming soon (PlayStation 4/XBOX ONE)
    changelog inside

The console patch is on its way and it should't be long before it goes LIVE. In the meantime please check the full list of changes and fixes it will introduce.

- Gold will no longer reset beyond 65535
    - Fixes lack of interaction with Roche on Oxenfurt Bridge in the quest 'Get Junior'
    - Geralt's clothes will no longer be wet after leaving the menu
    - The gate in the crypt now works correctly during the quest 'Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear'
    - Fixes the endless loading screen when fighting the Ice Giant during the quest 'Lord of Undvik'
    - Mutagen bonuses will now be saved properly.
    - Potion of Clearance will no longer be automatically placed into the quick slot if player runs out of other edibles
    - Fixes issue where some skills were not removed properly by Potion of Clearance
    - Improves stability in gameplay and the UI

At the same time we are working on another, pretty big update which will bring a large number of amendments to the game. This patch should follow shortly after 1.05.

Going around Velen/Novigrad uncovering most of the ? around the map. think I have abour 20 left to go. Gonna leave it at that and move onto Skellige now. I think I'm probably overlevelelled at this stage since I'm getting quests that are about 3 levels below my current level of 20.

61 hours played according to GOG Galaxy. Haven't gotten into gwent at all and dont think I will be anytime soon.

Finding it increasingly frustrating not having quest locations for non-active quests on the map. So much unnecessary backtracking.

I'd say you have twice that left at least if doing even some of the side quests and things. Though you could be on a lower difficulty and progressing along at a nice pace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone have a link to the background story since I didn't play first two

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

brady12 wrote: »
    Anyone have a link to the background story since I didn't play first two

Google it. I'm sure there is plenty out there with various wiki pages and the books too. Depends how far you want to dig in. I own the first 2 but never played them. I tried the tutorial of 2 and gave up, said I would come back to it when I got some proper time to give to it and never did.
    Then I just jumped straight into this not knowing anything, it's easy to pick up. It's far more forgiving and accessible than the second game anyway.

Still no horse race fix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

GodlessM wrote: »

Is it something you can't fix with the developer console commands?

just did a side quest in Kaer Morhen called Witcher's Forge and found a mastercrafted Wolven chest Armor along with 2 other different chest armor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

This game really is never ending. Just keep throwing quests at me to no end. So many quests that I'm over levelled for now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,033 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This game really is never ending. Just keep throwing quests at me to no end. So many quests that I'm over levelled for now

That's a gripe i have with the game. There are so many quests that it's impossible to do them all without being over levelled for quite a few of them. Don't know how they could fix that, but it's kinda irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I've just accepted the fact that I won't get most of the contracts and secondary missions done this playthrough. I was over levelled for all the main quests so will just do them until I'm under levelled again

That's a gripe i have with the game. There are so many quests that it's impossible to do them all without being over levelled for quite a few of them. Don't know how they could fix that, but it's kinda irritating.

Yeah, I've seen quests way below my level and they're basically saying "You should've done this ages ago." How was I supposed to know? The game is open world and done in a really well designed way that encourages exploration... that kind that doesn't make you have to check every corner scavenging for content but instead go where you want and expect content there because there usually is.

Maybe an update or mods can help bring quests way below your level to get an automatic bump in difficulty to make it so that it's still worth doing for xp and challenging.

I think the xp system is the games way of preventing you getting god like, I had no issue with it, many things were in the grey by the time I got around to them and I was still only 500 or so XP off 35 by the end on death march. Though I was pretty much unstoppable at the end even on DM with a little care and patience.

Worth pointing out if playing on lower difficulties the game gives more XP than on Death March. For example a Cyclops on DM is 50xp, on the lowest difficulty the same monster gives 86 xp I think it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

I haven't come across it personally thank god! But what's the glitch?

Is it something you can't fix with the developer console commands?

There are these things called the PS4 and Xbox One...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There are these things called the PS4 and Xbox One...

That is starting to annoy me in this thread especially when there is a special Witcher 3 PC gaming thread for stuff like running specs and console command line issues with the game that does not concern console players. It tends to clog the thread at times I find.

That is starting to annoy me in this thread especially when there is a special Witcher 3 PC gaming thread for stuff like running specs and console command line issues with the game that does not concern console players. It tends to clog the thread at times I find.

It kinda concerns every player because it's a glitch on all platforms, correct? Knowing whether the person tried the developer commands or not might be beneficial to anyone who reads the thread, not just the person who mentioned the issue. Besides, most of the bugs in the PC forum are about freezing or performance... so when I see different kinds of issues here I naturally just want to help. This isn't a console-exclusive thread, either. I'm not going to assume absolutely everyone is on console or PC, hence why I asked in the first place.

Not that I hold it against you, but it certainly came off as an assumption, and an odd one given that my post about the horse races was in relation to the console patch. But no biggie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

What exactly is wrong with the horse racing? I finished the Velen races with no issues

ShaneU wrote: »
    What exactly is wrong with the horse racing? I finished the Velen races with no issues

The final horse race, which is in Skellige, is glitched. In a majority of cases, as soon as you complete any quest on the isles, the NPC which you start the final race with disappears and stops spawning. There were a tonne of threads on the CDPR forums about it before, so surprising they haven't done anything yet. The only at around it I found is to head straight to Lorik or whatever it is called on Hindersfjal when you arrive in Skellige and talk to her then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

My horse would stop on every bridge.

It does this while out exploring too, just very annoying in a race.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

They are just rubbish really. That's all. I only did them to get a reward and mark it off my quest log.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Horse racing is far too easy aswell, all you need to do is just gallop on front of your opponent and they can't pass you.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Horse racing is far too easy aswell, all you need to do is just gallop on front of your opponent and they can't pass you.

Until you come to a small pebble or bridge and roach comes to a dead stop as your opponent flies by.

this week's DLC plus missing Triss DLC on PS4 will be available this week
    11535859_10153070619329331_7020299790663141039_n.png?oh=ee4aaee58be95aba75eeba293c77a6f3&oe=55E7C065

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I'm level 18 and I still haven't gone to skellige, I keep getting side tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Everytime I see the Skellig bay fish in Aldi I think Witcher 3 over Kerry... lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Everytime I see the Skellig bay fish in Aldi I think Witcher 3 over Kerry... lol

Yeah? Well every time I see my mother in-law now, I think Water Hag and try cast Igni at her...

Advertisement