Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

<3 CD Projekt RED - all Witcher 3 DLC will be free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Oak76 wrote: »
    <3 CD Projekt RED - all Witcher 3 DLC will be free.

It's pure PR , still though 99% of todays companies would charge for those items, off hand I thing the only other game I saw recently give stuff like this away was D4: Dark Dreams don't die. So good PR for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,442 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The Adventure Game of the Witcher is now available on GOG

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahhhhhh for fuppp sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

12 weeks? Wonder what the reason is. Has anyone read the open letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah balls, was looking forward to playing that in Feb but better than releasing a broken game and then scurrying to release patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Considering all the "AAA" screw ups the last few months I'm glad they are doing the right thing and delaying the game. I would rather wait for a quality offering. They arere are a small studio so i doubt they are doing it for fun when you consider the finances around it.

Still though, my February is now much bleaker. But i have a reason to avoid the sun in May at least :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Disappointed that i'll have to wait longer to play it, but happy enough if it means we get the finished product, rather then a buggy mess. To many games have been riddled with bugs lately, so hopefully this won't happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

After some of the disastrous AAA releases we've seen recently, I'm pretty okay with that.

Yupp would have been very easy to release it and then work on patches, having the people who preordered and paid top dollar test the game for you. Wish other companies would take note of this.

If I'm interested in a game, i usually get it launch day but i passed on 3 recent games and it's mad reading complaints on forums, apologies from devs and constant patch updates. I'm fine picking them up in the new year for half nattin and fully patched.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We'll still get an enhanced edition a year later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

Happy for them to take their time and do it right. As much as I want to play this I'd tell them to take as long as they need :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

In case anyone missed it, GOG posted the PC system requirements yesterday. I'm cutting it pretty close but I'm just over the minimum. I can finally justify having 8GB of RAM.
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt launches on May 19th, 2015. If you are looking to play the game on PC, here are the minimum and recommended system requirements. Check if your system will run it smoothly or if you need a not-so-last-minute-yet overhaul ;)

Minimum System Requirements:
    Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz
    AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
    Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 660
    AMD GPU Radeon HD 7870
    RAM 6GB
    OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
    DirectX 11
    HDD Space 40 GB

Recommended System Requirements:
    Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz
    AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
    Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770
    AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
    RAM 8GB
    OS 64-bit Windows 7 or 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1)
    DirectX 11
    HDD Space 40 GB

You can pre-order the game at GOG - we're adding in a bunch of exclusive goodies with it as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Odd question, but which is more like Skyrim? This or one of Dragon Age games games? (or whatever other game for that matter)
    My Bro-in-law is obsessed Skyrim and blanket ignores all other games.
    So I want to get him one thats as close to Skyrim as possible
    Single player only

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I would say this, big massive open world, the first two witcher games were linear in level design terms, witcher 3 will be open world too if you want too wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭jc4517

Surprised I didn't catch onto this the moment it came out...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Also according to German Gamestars preview:
    PS4: 1080p, 30fps, minimally sharper textures than XB1, slightly less sharp textures than the "high" setting on PC
    XB1: 900p, 30fps, still being worked on

just beat me to it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

My graphics card doesn't meet the recommended these days, so might go for PS4 if it performs properly.

Did they release all the patches and stuff for the Xbox version of TW2? Just hope the console version gets the same support as the PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

My graphics card doesn't meet the recommended these days, so might go for PS4 if it performs properly.

Did they release all the patches and stuff for the Xbox version of TW2? Just hope the console version gets the same support as the PC version.

Microsoft used to be really awkward about patches and the like, I don't know if that's changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Xenji wrote: »

Also according to German Gamestars preview:

That looked impressive but that running sound effect is f*cking horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Very promising. It's one of the things that some players and some developers just don't get about open world games. Most of us want open world games but that doesn't mean we don't want direction.

It's one of the things they got a bit wrong with Dragon age inquisition. You hear comments from the Devs like "Don't stay in the hinterlands!" Well i'm sorry but as a developer, that is your fault that people felt the need to stick around and do all the side quests. You have failed as a designer by not pushing the player out of it.

It seems to me from the previews that the Witcher is well aware of this fact. Now if they can only improve the quality of the sound effects...... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭brevity

7 minutes of footage shown at PAX East

Looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

First 15 minutes of gameplay (SPOILER FREE)

• Advertisement

The world looks beautiful. The sun shining through the blowing branches looks incredible.

Advertisement